Has this place finally driven me over the edge?

I'm just so torn...even our 'Grand Leader' has gone to the other
side. What's a good man to do?? Keeping resisting the urge? Keep
fighting the good fight? And then why? Just to be different? To be unique? Of course the answer is yes, one should not back down on
ones principles. But... if it's fast becoming the price of 'admission'... we
may not have any choice!! I know... since I've never seen these rubber
things in the wild... only in museums on 'old' bikes designed with them in mind... I'll wait until the Rally in NC where I can secretly view them face to face and see what they really look like on a proper Deluxe. No one will know. And I'll also see what they do to his 'performance'. I have no doubt that even though he knows the road well, my bike will be faster because it will have better aerodynamics. Yes!!!!! We shall see!!!!! Hee Hee Hee.......
 
That's the thing. with RLETs I am at total peace no matter what speed I ride. I no longer have anything to prove. I am happy in the state I am in. If someone wants to ride faster than me, I will not challenge. I feel no need to compete. I know what they do for my bike and don't need to prove that to anybody. That's what I meant about the world being in harmony. They bring more to the bike than just their physical presence. They bring an inner peace that cannot be described, or denied.

The reason why Guth didn't think about the RLETs on his bike yesterday is, he no longer has to. He is freed from the pressure he was obviously feeling. He no longer has to resist. It's very liberating.
 
Guth_imp said:
Jeez, the funny thing is that I got up the following morning, fired the bike up and took off for work. Didn't even think about the RLETs. At the end of the day I headed home once again didn't pay any attention to the new additions. Put the bike away and didn't still didn't think about any of this until finally checking in on the forum.

I feel somewhat cheated. :dodgy:
The spirit Guth was well aware of the synchronicity of the physical and spiritual cohesiveness of the RLETs, I am sure the aura is surrounding you while you ride. Just breathe and let your inner eyes see the colors and harmony that you have obtained.
 
If there is one thing watching The Walking Dead has taught me is that every person is capable of committing horrendous acts...and we all carry that zombie virus. Try as you might to remain pure, you will fall someday. There is no nobility in abstaining. To all who have not succumb, just give up and join us in RLET zombie bliss.
 
Thread starter
Today's commute was really something. At one point, when traffic started to get really congested, my CB levitated above it all. The bike and I were in total harmony with all of our worries below us, soon to be behind us. Before I knew it, we were out of town and planted back on the ground on a nice stretch of rural two-lane highway meandering through the woods and into the mountains. The skies cleared and brilliant golden sunshine poured down on us wherever we went. My fuel consumption gauge never left full and when I tapped the tank I could tell that it remained topped off. After enjoying the mountains we took a detour through the wine country and headed over to the ocean. The scenery was spectacular and I was joined by a spirit presence. It was Sochiro and he gave me a big thumbs up. Then he pointed to his own set of RLETs (of course they were see-through spirit style RLETs, but still it was pretty cool) and just smiled before he headed west over the Pacific Ocean. I could have ridden all day long as I wasn't the least bit tired. The level of newly found energy I've been experiencing the last couple of days has been amazing. But I decided to head back to Portland instead.

It was at that point I could hear voices. I slowly became aware that there were a few people talking to me, asking me if everything was alright. They seemed to think that I had been sitting on my CB in the parking garage for an extended period of time. A few had seen me earlier in the day in the same spot sitting on the bike and were worried that I had been there all day. I thought about this and was not sure what to think. But then things started to clear up in my head. Everything seemed plausible enough. I'm sure that my CB could levitate if it wanted to. Surely I could ride for hours on end without stopping if I wanted to. Then it dawned on me — Sochiro's RLETs! Even in the spirit world, Sochiro's RLETs would have been classic black. I must have been daydreaming. The RLETs had cast their spell. Apparently Honda had "The Power of Dreams" in mind when they created the RLET.
 
ride4now_imp said:
...give up and join us in RLET 'Zombie' bliss...?? Uh oh... Us Independent Thinkers... We're doomed... :rolleyes:
Isn't that the way this world seems to be headed? ...better not answer that and then we get off topic. Zombie mentality is bad, RLETS are cool! Get some!
 
the_undecider_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
...give up and join us in RLET 'Zombie' bliss...?? Uh oh... Us Independent Thinkers... We're doomed... :rolleyes:
Isn't that the way this world seems to be headed? ...better not answer that and then we get off topic. Zombie mentality is bad, RLETS are cool! Get some!
Isn't that the way this world seems to be headed? ...better not answer that and then we get off topic. Zombie mentality is bad, RLETS are cool! Get some!
I'm speechless.... Did you read Guth's last installment? Wow!!!!! I may just have to seek out the local Honda dealer tomorrow. However, I'm out of town, traveling, so I don't know where one is. But I bet it'll come to me tonight in a dream... and then tomorrow I'll be taken straight there... where I'll be approved and allowed to order a pair. Or I'll wake up and realize this whole thing has been a dream and Guth really wasnt flying... and that Ferrets bike still looked like mine... and...
 
redbirds_imp said:
I'll have no RLETS on my CB.
What? Even after Guth's lyrical tale of his experience? Why on earth would you deny yourself?
 
Guth_imp said:
Today's commute was really something. At one point, when traffic started to get really congested, my CB levitated above it all. The bike and I were in total harmony with all of our worries below us, soon to be behind us. Before I knew it, we were out of town and planted back on the ground on a nice stretch of rural two-lane highway meandering through the woods and into the mountains. The skies cleared and brilliant golden sunshine poured down on us wherever we went. My fuel consumption gauge never left full and when I tapped the tank I could tell that it remained topped off. After enjoying the mountains we took a detour through the wine country and headed over to the ocean. The scenery was spectacular and I was joined by a spirit presence. It was Sochiro and he gave me a big thumbs up. Then he pointed to his own set of RLETs (of course they were see-through spirit style RLETs, but still it was pretty cool) and just smiled before he headed west over the Pacific Ocean. I could have ridden all day long as I wasn't the least bit tired. The level of newly found energy I've been experiencing the last couple of days has been amazing. But I decided to head back to Portland instead.

It was at that point I could hear voices. I slowly became aware that there were a few people talking to me, asking me if everything was alright. They seemed to think that I had been sitting on my CB in the parking garage for an extended period of time. A few had seen me earlier in the day in the same spot sitting on the bike and were worried that I had been there all day. I thought about this and was not sure what to think. But then things started to clear up in my head. Everything seemed plausible enough. I'm sure that my CB could levitate if it wanted to. Surely I could ride for hours on end without stopping if I wanted to. Then it dawned on me — Sochiro's RLETs! Even in the spirit world, Sochiro's RLETs would have been classic black. I must have been daydreaming. The RLETs had cast their spell. Apparently Honda had "The Power of Dreams" in mind when they created the RLET.
Great! Guth, thank you for this really nice contrib. I enjoyed reading it and it made me smile. :thumbsup:
 
Guth_imp said:
Today's commute was really something. At one point, when traffic started to get really congested, my CB levitated above it all. The bike and I were in total harmony with all of our worries below us, soon to be behind us. Before I knew it, we were out of town and planted back on the ground on a nice stretch of rural two-lane highway meandering through the woods and into the mountains. The skies cleared and brilliant golden sunshine poured down on us wherever we went. My fuel consumption gauge never left full and when I tapped the tank I could tell that it remained topped off. After enjoying the mountains we took a detour through the wine country and headed over to the ocean. The scenery was spectacular and I was joined by a spirit presence. It was Sochiro and he gave me a big thumbs up. Then he pointed to his own set of RLETs (of course they were see-through spirit style RLETs, but still it was pretty cool) and just smiled before he headed west over the Pacific Ocean. I could have ridden all day long as I wasn't the least bit tired. The level of newly found energy I've been experiencing the last couple of days has been amazing. But I decided to head back to Portland instead.

It was at that point I could hear voices. I slowly became aware that there were a few people talking to me, asking me if everything was alright. They seemed to think that I had been sitting on my CB in the parking garage for an extended period of time. A few had seen me earlier in the day in the same spot sitting on the bike and were worried that I had been there all day. I thought about this and was not sure what to think. But then things started to clear up in my head. Everything seemed plausible enough. I'm sure that my CB could levitate if it wanted to. Surely I could ride for hours on end without stopping if I wanted to. Then it dawned on me — Sochiro's RLETs! Even in the spirit world, Sochiro's RLETs would have been classic black. I must have been daydreaming. The RLETs had cast their spell. Apparently Honda had "The Power of Dreams" in mind when they created the RLET.

Such is the power of the RLET! :worship:
 
As an aside... The new members must think we're nuts. Well...
maybe just me since I'm the one driving this outlier stuff. But
that's why I like this place. We can have some fun and no one takes
it personal. Thanks guys! Now...back to our regular, scheduled programming.
 
ride4now_imp said:
As an aside... The new members must think we're nuts. Well...
maybe just me since I'm the one driving this outlier stuff. But
that's why I like this place. We can have some fun and no one takes
it personal. Thanks guys! Now...back to our regular, scheduled programming.
If they don't get it, they won't get much of the forum. The whole point of this place is the existential and spiritual ramifications of the installation of RLETs. Anything else is a distraction.

Except for oil threads.
 
Guth_imp said:
Today's commute was really something. At one point, when traffic started to get really congested, my CB levitated above it all. The bike and I were in total harmony with all of our worries below us, soon to be behind us. Before I knew it, we were out of town and planted back on the ground on a nice stretch of rural two-lane highway meandering through the woods and into the mountains. The skies cleared and brilliant golden sunshine poured down on us wherever we went. My fuel consumption gauge never left full and when I tapped the tank I could tell that it remained topped off. After enjoying the mountains we took a detour through the wine country and headed over to the ocean. The scenery was spectacular and I was joined by a spirit presence. It was Sochiro and he gave me a big thumbs up. Then he pointed to his own set of RLETs (of course they were see-through spirit style RLETs, but still it was pretty cool) and just smiled before he headed west over the Pacific Ocean. I could have ridden all day long as I wasn't the least bit tired. The level of newly found energy I've been experiencing the last couple of days has been amazing. But I decided to head back to Portland instead.

It was at that point I could hear voices. I slowly became aware that there were a few people talking to me, asking me if everything was alright. They seemed to think that I had been sitting on my CB in the parking garage for an extended period of time. A few had seen me earlier in the day in the same spot sitting on the bike and were worried that I had been there all day. I thought about this and was not sure what to think. But then things started to clear up in my head. Everything seemed plausible enough. I'm sure that my CB could levitate if it wanted to. Surely I could ride for hours on end without stopping if I wanted to. Then it dawned on me — Sochiro's RLETs! Even in the spirit world, Sochiro's RLETs would have been classic black. I must have been daydreaming. The RLETs had cast their spell. Apparently Honda had "The Power of Dreams" in mind when they created the RLET.
Either your vocation is as a writer...or you were one in a previous life.
Very well done...A nice read!
By the way... I woke up this morning and all I am is hungry. No
spiritual yearning to seek out the local Honda dealer to buy some
rubbers. Maybe after my Cheerios...
redbirds_imp said:
I'll have no RLETS on my CB.
Another brave soul!!
 
Back
Top