Harley Davidson Street Rod - "American Standard"

If they dropped the 883 motor in that and kept riding range around 180 miles I'd be compelled to take a hard look at it.
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Count me in as this being a bike I wouldn't mind a test ride on. Not a H-D fan at all but this is a proper looking modern motorcycle IMO
Compared to some of the sharp-edged / robo-techo / origami-styled bikes coming out of Japan right now, I completely agree with you.
 
Frulk_imp said:
If they dropped the 883 motor in that and kept riding range around 180 miles I'd be compelled to take a hard look at it.
I think this motor is actually quite a bit revvier, and livelier, than the 883 motor.
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
If they dropped the 883 motor in that and kept riding range around 180 miles I'd be compelled to take a hard look at it.
I think this motor is actually quite a bit revvier, and livelier, than the 883 motor.
I think this motor is actually quite a bit revvier, and livelier, than the 883 motor.
The 883 is a dated old engine, proven but old.. the Evo X is an update the modern street 500/750 series...

I want to check one out... I've been pleasantly surprised at riding/using my dyna wide glide I picked up from a coworker for a song.. the vtwin is great for running errands around town with the torque n grunt.. I'd prefer something with a more standard seating postition, but the price was too good..

If this thing.. I hate the name.. street rod... as hd did us the name for a vrod without the raked out front, has the torque, but more practical seating position, it could be my new errand bike.. the only upside/downside is that I don't put as many miles on the cb as I save it for more aggressive riding...
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
https://rideapart.com/articles/harley-davidson-introduces-new-model-cruiser

a2aa508c80607fe164bae8e180aaa238.jpg
I think they did a good job with this bike...
 
Lol I have ridden suicide clutch jokey shifts before.... No thanks. At least THAT one has decent brakes.
 
It has a stock HD rocker clutch. So it stays where ever you place it. You can take your foot off when you have the clutch disengage "rocked backwards" and it stays in that position until you rock it forward to engage the clutch. Not anything like a suicide clutch. I don't think I would what to ride a bike with a suicide clutch either.
 
I like it. I still prefer their touring bikes as more my taste, but I think this bike is a great value, and will have a lot of people taking a look at HD other than their traditional customer base.
 
Much better than the previous one which I wrote to them and told them was ugly as can be and a copy of the 80s Yamaha Radian. This is a great bike for new riders unlike the HEAVY Sportsters, though clutching out from a stop on a Sporty is excellent. Not too little motor. Not too much. Tank bag and take a fun ride to work. A test ride would be fun. I rode the Harley Roadster and the pegs were right where I wanted to put my feet down and the suspension was just ok on New England back roads which are far from pool table smooth.
 
Sat on one of these today! Just dropped in as I rode by the local Harley dealer.

Good looking bike!

But yikes, the ergos. Specifically the seat to peg distance. My knees were actually a touch higher than my hips! So that is a no go for me. This bike was made for munchkins. If I was a munchkin, I would want to take it for a test ride.
 
One small step for Harley Davidson, one giant leap for motorcycling in North America. Or is it the other way round?

In itself, the bike is unremarkable: 230 kg wet mass, 150 Watts per kg of travel mass (wet mass + 100), 27° rake... Compare this with my 10-year old CBF600N: 210, 180, 26°... But I never thought that I would live to see the day when HD model-intro promo video would have a rider with a full-face helmet, lane-splitting in metro traffic, "arriving at work" as a punch-line...

There is hope for motorcycling in North America yet!
 
Back
Top