hard bag modification

Kirk, they seem to get pretty good reviews on Amazon. As long as you remember they are $100 bags, not $600 bags.
 
Thread starter
yes Kirk.. those bags look pretty close to the one I have installed.. one negative is the lock on the ones you posted.. it may not matter to others, but to me, having to dig out a key every time I wanted in to the bags was a little pain.. I don't have much of a need to lock my bags, but I could lock them if I chose to.. I contacted my seller of the bags.. he said they might be getting more in, but maybe not.. he made the effort to check his stock and said, he had two damaged pairs and that was all.. searching eBay and amazon, I found bags with latches similar to mine, but for $180. or so.. too much money for the same bag a I got for $65.00 .. I feel pretty lucky to have found the ones I bought.. one other thing on the bags, the fabric used to limit the opening of my bags covered a pretty large area.. some of the other bags used little strips.. so mine may be overkill.. good for me maybe.. if I see my bags listed again, I will notify C.B lovers ..
(that's how I refer to this site) .. don't know why, it just came to mind and it stuck.. Charlotte agrees.. haha ..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
yes Kirk.. those bags look pretty close to the one I have installed.. one negative is the lock on the ones you posted.. it may not matter to others, but to me, having to dig out a key every time I wanted in to the bags was a little pain.. I don't have much of a need to lock my bags, but I could lock them if I chose to.. I contacted my seller of the bags.. he said they might be getting more in, but maybe not.. he made the effort to check his stock and said, he had two damaged pairs and that was all.. searching eBay and amazon, I found bags with latches similar to mine, but for $180. or so.. too much money for the same bag a I got for $65.00 .. I feel pretty lucky to have found the ones I bought.. one other thing on the bags, the fabric used to limit the opening of my bags covered a pretty large area.. some of the other bags used little strips.. so mine may be overkill.. good for me maybe.. if I see my bags listed again, I will notify C.B lovers ..
(that's how I refer to this site) .. don't know why, it just came to mind and it stuck.. Charlotte agrees.. haha ..
Link?
 
Since I looked at the $99 bags on Amazon I get emails from them all the time pitching them to me. Thanks Captain Kirk! :D

Anyway, Amazon says they are back in stock. Amazon.com
 
Chuckk_imp said:
yes Kirk.. those bags look pretty close to the one I have installed.. one negative is the lock on the ones you posted.. it may not matter to others, but to me, having to dig out a key every time I wanted in to the bags was a little pain.. I don't have much of a need to lock my bags, but I could lock them if I chose to.. I contacted my seller of the bags.. he said they might be getting more in, but maybe not.. he made the effort to check his stock and said, he had two damaged pairs and that was all.. searching eBay and amazon, I found bags with latches similar to mine, but for $180. or so.. too much money for the same bag a I got for $65.00 .. I feel pretty lucky to have found the ones I bought.. one other thing on the bags, the fabric used to limit the opening of my bags covered a pretty large area.. some of the other bags used little strips.. so mine may be overkill.. good for me maybe.. if I see my bags listed again, I will notify C.B lovers ..
(that's how I refer to this site) .. don't know why, it just came to mind and it stuck.. Charlotte agrees.. haha ..
Hey Chuck, did you have to relocate the rear turn signals so the bags would fit or did you just decide to take them off since the bags had lights built in?

Looking at the first pair you had right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Chuckk_imp said:
.
I installed the LED lights in the hard bags and removed the stock ones..
Did you have to remove the stock ones to make the bags fit though? Or will the bags fit if I leave the stock turn signals on?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Chuckk_imp said:
. the stock directionals were In the way. I had to remove them ..
Thank you, those seem to be the most cost effective option for hard bags. I have had soft saddle bags for awhile but I'd like something that looked nicer like your bags.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
. the stock directionals were In the way. I had to remove them ..
Thank you, those seem to be the most cost effective option for hard bags. I have had soft saddle bags for awhile but I'd like something that looked nicer like your bags.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you, those seem to be the most cost effective option for hard bags. I have had soft saddle bags for awhile but I'd like something that looked nicer like your bags.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16622&pid=290374#pid290374
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
. the stock directionals were In the way. I had to remove them ..
Thank you, those seem to be the most cost effective option for hard bags. I have had soft saddle bags for awhile but I'd like something that looked nicer like your bags.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you, those seem to be the most cost effective option for hard bags. I have had soft saddle bags for awhile but I'd like something that looked nicer like your bags.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16622&pid=290374#pid290374
Thank you, those seem to be the most cost effective option for hard bags. I have had soft saddle bags for awhile but I'd like something that looked nicer like your bags.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16622&pid=290374#pid290374 Thanks Gold, I'll have to look into smaller turn signal options as I want to be able to remove the bags when I'm not using them for trips so ill cant depend on the lights in the bags.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top