Handlebar Risers

mrichi_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi just wanted some ideas on which handlebar risers suit the CB1100 if you can include a link to the web site that would be appreciated
 
I've raised the bars on almost every bike I've ever owned using chromed 1/2" drive 19mm deep sockets as a riser, with longer bolts. Haven't needed to on the CB, tho.
 
Cool man, where'd ya get the Craftsman bar risers?
 
I wonder if it improves a position on cb1100rs. Ideally I wanted to install a handlebar from EX.

Doesn’t anyone else having a problem with a too forward position on RS?
 
mrded_imp said:
I wonder if it improves a position on cb1100rs. Ideally I wanted to install a handlebar from EX.

Doesn’t anyone else having a problem with a too forward position on RS?
I did, until I installed a set of "pull back" risers.
 
mrded_imp said:
I wonder if it improves a position on cb1100rs. Ideally I wanted to install a handlebar from EX.

Doesn’t anyone else having a problem with a too forward position on RS?
On the contrary, more upright and my back suffers. I got the RS partly because of the forward riding position, which is surprisingly sporty. It also reminds me that I need to maintain those upper body muscles, so I don't lean on the handlebar :P
 
I have gen mar risers on mine , bought the from oly on here . They are going up for sale so with some other parts coming off due to a sale or trade in.
 
Ulljanrich_imp said:
mrded_imp said:
I wonder if it improves a position on cb1100rs. Ideally I wanted to install a handlebar from EX.

Doesn’t anyone else having a problem with a too forward position on RS?
I had a "problem", yes.
I installed these:
Handlebar riser and offset for Honda CB 1100 / EX / RS SC65 SC78, 69,95 €

and now it is sooo much better.
Ciao
Thomas
I had a "problem", yes.
I installed these:
Handlebar riser and offset for Honda CB 1100 / EX / RS SC65 SC78, 69,95 €

and now it is sooo much better.
Ciao
Thomas Looks nice, did the cables need to be lengthened?
 
Is the reason everyone is putting risers on so that they don't need to bend over quite as much?

Handlebars with more pullback to the same.
 
smelville_imp said:
Ulljanrich_imp said:
mrded_imp said:
I wonder if it improves a position on cb1100rs. Ideally I wanted to install a handlebar from EX.

Doesn’t anyone else having a problem with a too forward position on RS?
I had a "problem", yes.
I installed these:
Handlebar riser and offset for Honda CB 1100 / EX / RS SC65 SC78, 69,95 €

and now it is sooo much better.
Ciao
Thomas
I had a "problem", yes.
I installed these:
Handlebar riser and offset for Honda CB 1100 / EX / RS SC65 SC78, 69,95 €

and now it is sooo much better.
Ciao
Thomas Looks nice, did the cables need to be lengthened?
I had a "problem", yes.
I installed these:
Handlebar riser and offset for Honda CB 1100 / EX / RS SC65 SC78, 69,95 €

and now it is sooo much better.
Ciao
Thomas Looks nice, did the cables need to be lengthened?
No, the cables were ok, went ok, no problem. I have the RS Modell. If the cables on the EX would be the same length as on the RS, the combined with the risers the EX would have cable length problems.
The risers from Voigt, Germany, are super nice quality and the parts are legally tested and approved, which is of quite some relevance for me.
PowerDubs_imp said:
Is the reason everyone is putting risers on so that they don't need to bend over quite as much?

Handlebars with more pullback to the same.
I assume that is the reason for most who do that modification, yes.
With the risers the modification could be re-done in a couple of minutes.
The risers are cheaper.
Also, the risers are available in different varieties:
with offset, or without.
as far as Im concerned I wanted that easy re-built option and I wanted to see which riser would do best for me. So, I found out that rise up and offest back is perfect - perfect for me.
And, last but not least, I have a grip heating system, that is built-in my handlebars: Coolride Griffheizungssysteme
All in all, switching for another handlebar was not an option for me.
 
Back
Top