HANDLEBAR RISERS - is really necessary???

Alfgaxatico_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
handlebar risers. I just saw that my CB1100 ex 2015 Europe; It has 2.5 cm of handlebar risers. I measure 1.85 and known that it makes the weight more centered; It is advisable ? I know that the easiest thing is to remove and test; But this original series bike has always been said to be very comfortable and I don't like to vary the steering elements on my bikes. I had not noticed .


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
 
I think it's personal preference, I lowered the bars for about an inch and moved them quite a bit forward, in return I got slower steering which helps with high-speed stability. The low speed steering response is obviously affected in the same way, so requires more input. I find this setup more comfortable, too. Note these are subjective findings

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
I in all comparisons; the EX version with 18-inch wheels; it gave better maneuverability; having wide handlebars. the subject that on the road; I will travel with a companion; and suitcase; I don't like the front axle weight being transferred a bit further back (handlebar rise effect). Magín or that I should remove and test them; but he doesn't like to change the address for convenience; since I understand that the rider must adapt to the Moto in this aspect.
 
Risers don't make the handlebars wider, you need wider handlebars for that, consider that. I put 80cm wide dirt bars in my '14 STD, and it also has 18' wheels, wouldn't have it any other way. And this is from a person who spends 80% of the time going 130-140 on the highway. Just remove the risers and enjoy the ride

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
The CB is fine for me stock. I do have them on the ST though.
 
Thread starter
Thanks . sorry ; I explainned wrong . the EX 2015 Europe model; It already has a wide and comfortable handlebar as standard. I meant that I don't like the weight - I'm already a big man and my companion (64 kg) - is removed from the front. in February I got the ohlins stx36 suspensions to change the rear suspension. that's why I'm going to leave the handlebars without the risers; and I'll get used to the original position. I come from an Africa Twin Adventure Sports 2018; and it's not a problem
 
Unless you are racing or riding at the bike's limits, a bit of bar adjustment one way or the other won't matter much. It really comes down to what you find most comfortable. For a lot of us old guys, the stock bar height is too low for long-ride comfort. But others like clip-ons and the cafe racer look and feel. I'm kind of short-armed, so I have the bars both raise and pulled back. Find what feels good to you and enjoy the ride :thumbsup:
 
I considered risers for the same reasons as Inhouse Bob described. I ultimately decided to keep the handle bar position stock. Like many things, definitely a subjective measure.
 
Thread starter
friends ; today I removed the handlebar risers; and as I thought; my arms are rather long; I'm 1.85; and more control of the weight of the CB1100 EX europe 2015; since it falls as it should fall: ahead. apart it is illegal in Spain to lift the handlebar (if they see it). there will be cases that improves comfort; but in my case not ... the effect that I noticed; it was as if the front wheel was with more air than normal ... but hey; each one feels it in a way.
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
friends ; today I removed the handlebar risers; and as I thought; my arms are rather long; I'm 1.85; and more control of the weight of the CB1100 EX europe 2015; since it falls as it should fall: ahead. apart it is illegal in Spain to lift the handlebar (if they see it). there will be cases that improves comfort; but in my case not ... the effect that I noticed; it was as if the front wheel was with more air than normal ... but hey; each one feels it in a way.
Now we know why Harley Davidson sells poorly in Europe lol

I'm happy that you feel more comfortable Alf


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
friends ; today I removed the handlebar risers; and as I thought; my arms are rather long; I'm 1.85; and more control of the weight of the CB1100 EX europe 2015; since it falls as it should fall: ahead. apart it is illegal in Spain to lift the handlebar (if they see it). there will be cases that improves comfort; but in my case not ... the effect that I noticed; it was as if the front wheel was with more air than normal ... but hey; each one feels it in a way.
As far as I know, it's legal to raise the handlebar, or change it's longitudinal position. What you can't do is to use a wider handlebar, unless you get it inspected and certified.

In my case (short arms), pull-back raisers have improved confort a lot. Although the bike looks much better without them.
 
jtopiso_imp said:
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
friends ; today I removed the handlebar risers; and as I thought; my arms are rather long; I'm 1.85; and more control of the weight of the CB1100 EX europe 2015; since it falls as it should fall: ahead. apart it is illegal in Spain to lift the handlebar (if they see it). there will be cases that improves comfort; but in my case not ... the effect that I noticed; it was as if the front wheel was with more air than normal ... but hey; each one feels it in a way.
As far as I know, it's legal to raise the handlebar, or change it's longitudinal position. What you can't do is to use a wider handlebar, unless you get it inspected and certified.

In my case (short arms), pull-back raisers have improved confort a lot. Although the bike looks much better without them.
As far as I know, it's legal to raise the handlebar, or change it's longitudinal position. What you can't do is to use a wider handlebar, unless you get it inspected and certified.

In my case (short arms), pull-back raisers have improved confort a lot. Although the bike looks much better without them.
64c86db41ffddffae6a2b90a2416f8b5.png
gosh the rules, the bureaucrats just won't leave people alone

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
Ok my friend . In Spain ITV ; in the bi-annual govern review, they consider a change of direction importance; (many BMW TRAILs place it for comfort); but the control of the front end; even more so if you have a companion it is more precise with the original configuration. But if comfort improves; worth taking ...
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
Ok my friend . In Spain ITV ; in the bi-annual govern review, they consider a change of direction importance; (many BMW TRAILs place it for comfort); but the control of the front end; even more so if you have a companion it is more precise with the original configuration. But if comfort improves; worth taking ...
Good to know :) When the time comes, I might remove my raisers before getting the bike inspected.
 
tod.branko_imp said:
jtopiso_imp said:
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
friends ; today I removed the handlebar risers; and as I thought; my arms are rather long; I'm 1.85; and more control of the weight of the CB1100 EX europe 2015; since it falls as it should fall: ahead. apart it is illegal in Spain to lift the handlebar (if they see it). there will be cases that improves comfort; but in my case not ... the effect that I noticed; it was as if the front wheel was with more air than normal ... but hey; each one feels it in a way.
As far as I know, it's legal to raise the handlebar, or change it's longitudinal position. What you can't do is to use a wider handlebar, unless you get it inspected and certified.

In my case (short arms), pull-back raisers have improved confort a lot. Although the bike looks much better without them.
As far as I know, it's legal to raise the handlebar, or change it's longitudinal position. What you can't do is to use a wider handlebar, unless you get it inspected and certified.

In my case (short arms), pull-back raisers have improved confort a lot. Although the bike looks much better without them.
64c86db41ffddffae6a2b90a2416f8b5.png
gosh the rules, the bureaucrats just won't leave people alone

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
As far as I know, it's legal to raise the handlebar, or change it's longitudinal position. What you can't do is to use a wider handlebar, unless you get it inspected and certified.

In my case (short arms), pull-back raisers have improved confort a lot. Although the bike looks much better without them.
df431e69093c7f3cfd833534f2ba5a34.png
gosh the rules, the bureaucrats just won't leave people alone

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
:dodgy: Yeah, so much minutia, hard to believe it is enforceable, unless there is a Nazi traffic officer with too much time on their hands.
 
Back
Top