Guys, I am back on 2 wheels finally....

The ferret_imp said:
Mike_imp said:
2003 NH750 is the best bike around for the money. I have owned four of them over the last few years. Unlike my new 1100 they are quite cold blooded though so allow warm up time before you take off.
Dang that red NH is pretty! Really pretty!

I have only seen 1 yellow and no blue ones in the wild. Red or black seems to be the predominant color choices.

Flyn..I ran Dunlop 505s on mine. Good news is, compared to prices on tires for these new super bikes, the Nighthawk tires are fairly cheap.
Funny you should mention that today. I was in the garage this morning trying to decide which bike to ride to work. I picked the CB11. Headed off and stopped at the traffic light around the corner. A few seconds later a blue '93 Nighthawk (identical to the one I just left in my garage) pulls up next to me. That's only the second blue one I've seen in the wild. It would have been so much cooler if I'd been riding mine :D

For those keeping track the '91-'03 Nighthawks came in black or red (or both) every year of production. One year only colors were Tahitian Blue in '93 and Pearl Yellow in '96. Limited numbers of both, so it's rare to spot one in the wild.

Still waiting for my first "in the wild" CB11 sighting.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Mike_imp said:
2003 NH750 is the best bike around for the money. I have owned four of them over the last few years. Unlike my new 1100 they are quite cold blooded though so allow warm up time before you take off.
Dang that red NH is pretty! Really pretty!

I have only seen 1 yellow and no blue ones in the wild. Red or black seems to be the predominant color choices.

Flyn..I ran Dunlop 505s on mine. Good news is, compared to prices on tires for these new super bikes, the Nighthawk tires are fairly cheap.
Funny you should mention that today. I was in the garage this morning trying to decide which bike to ride to work. I picked the CB11. Headed off and stopped at the traffic light around the corner. A few seconds later a blue '93 Nighthawk (identical to the one I just left in my garage) pulls up next to me. That's only the second blue one I've seen in the wild. It would have been so much cooler if I'd been riding mine :D

For those keeping track the '91-'03 Nighthawks came in black or red (or both) every year of production. One year only colors were Tahitian Blue in '93 and Pearl Yellow in '96. Limited numbers of both, so it's rare to spot one in the wild.

Still waiting for my first "in the wild" CB11 sighting.
Funny you should mention that today. I was in the garage this morning trying to decide which bike to ride to work. I picked the CB11. Headed off and stopped at the traffic light around the corner. A few seconds later a blue '93 Nighthawk (identical to the one I just left in my garage) pulls up next to me. That's only the second blue one I've seen in the wild. It would have been so much cooler if I'd been riding mine :D

For those keeping track the '91-'03 Nighthawks came in black or red (or both) every year of production. One year only colors were Tahitian Blue in '93 and Pearl Yellow in '96. Limited numbers of both, so it's rare to spot one in the wild.

Still waiting for my first "in the wild" CB11 sighting.
Fly, believe it or not I have seen a yellow NH in my area and 96 was the only year for that color and probably the rarest. Here is a breakdown according to a guy over at ADV rider. Post 3716. Anything other than black is pretty much a rare color. There are actually three different color reds to boot. Silver engines were used from 91-95. The only color for 2003 was Italian red. I found this interesting since I had been looking around for one so long. I was ready for something other than black since I just got rid of one.

Official Nighthawk thread

Edit: The blue was only for 93 so its a rare bird as well. Never seen one around my parts.
 
Someone in my neighborhood owns one of these, I'll often see it parked outside. I'd guess that it's the "Candy Bourgogne" red.
 
Thread starter
Finally, its here!:excited::clap::celebrate: I have been over it and dont see anything that concerns me. Seems like the clutch may need adjusting and it just needs a good going over but the previous owner took good care of it. No surprises are a good thing.

[/img]

[/img]

And here is todays weather after I got it off the hauler.

[/img]

:@

I cant wait to get this thing out and take it for a spin. I am so happy to have a motorcycle again. If for no other reason that to save some $$ on gas. I was a little worried about it being a little to high but I am going to be ok. Its close but I dont need to shave the seat or anything. The ergo's on this thing work like a charm for me. The fit is really good and the pegs seem lower than the CB11 I sit on. Could be my imagination though. I am very pleased to be back in the 2 wheeled world. Now, about the weather again..........
 
Congrats young man. Beautiful bike. I loved mine. You'll have to plan your braking a little more than on the CB with the single disc and drum combo, but it's all good. If you are mechanically inclined I'd check front pads, rear pads, air cleaner ( easy) and bleed the front brake with new fluid. Did you get any service records?
 
Very nice ride! Congrats. Looks very clean.
Honda's are as dependable as a hammer
you will get many enjoyable miles on that bike!

snowing like crazy here too
spose to get up to 4''
will this winter ever end?

1d886937b443ecc60be8a759fbd29658.jpg
 
Nice looking bike, mate. Hope you get out on it soon. Look forward to the report.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats young man. Beautiful bike. I loved mine. You'll have to plan your braking a little more than on the CB with the single disc and drum combo, but it's all good. If you are mechanically inclined I'd check front pads, rear pads, air cleaner ( easy) and bleed the front brake with new fluid. Did you get any service records?
Air filter is brand new and the oil was just changed last fall/winter. This guy was anal about oil changes and so forth I believe. I will be checking the pads on the front and I do believe there is an indicator on the drum for the shoes back there. Are those things accurate? I will be bleeding the front also like you mentioned. Im not a mechanic but I know just enough that I am not intimidated to tear into something. Other than oil changes this guy said he just rode it and it never caused him any problems. I got a shop manual with it also which will be handy.

My point of reference on brakes is an 03 Sportster. Single disc in the front and rear but neither was very good at all imo. I just started the Nighthawk up and I was shocked that it just fired right off and is as smooth and quiet as can be. Seems cold blooded but its been sitting a while plus its been pretty cold down here too.

I have been so busy oohhing and aahhing over it today all I got done was the pig tail for the battery.
 
There's something heart-warming about having a new bike. It's a pity when the feeling passes.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Nice looking bike, mate. Hope you get out on it soon. Look forward to the report.
As soon as we get some weather here I will give a report. I gotta get some insurance, and jump through a half a dozen hoops now since I bought it out of state to get a title ect....

There are so many on this forum that had 750s or still have them that there is a ton of knowledge right here if I run into any trouble. I am planning on keeping it totally stock. Just adding a tank bag, tail bag, and a few things like that which can be useful. I am very mindful of anything I am buying extra that can be slipped right on a CB11 down the road.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Nice looking bike, mate. Hope you get out on it soon. Look forward to the report.
As soon as we get some weather here I will give a report. I gotta get some insurance, and jump through a half a dozen hoops now since I bought it out of state to get a title ect....

There are so many on this forum that had 750s or still have them that there is a ton of knowledge right here if I run into any trouble. I am planning on keeping it totally stock. Just adding a tank bag, tail bag, and a few things like that which can be useful. I am very mindful of anything I am buying extra that can be slipped right on a CB11 down the road.
There is a lot to be said against living in a federation, but this site probably isn't the place to say it.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Nice looking bike, mate. Hope you get out on it soon. Look forward to the report.
As soon as we get some weather here I will give a report. I gotta get some insurance, and jump through a half a dozen hoops now since I bought it out of state to get a title ect....

There are so many on this forum that had 750s or still have them that there is a ton of knowledge right here if I run into any trouble. I am planning on keeping it totally stock. Just adding a tank bag, tail bag, and a few things like that which can be useful. I am very mindful of anything I am buying extra that can be slipped right on a CB11 down the road.
Congrats! That's a beautiful example and it looks like it has been well cared for.

As far as additions, the best bang for the buck is going to be a center stand. Honda considered it an option on this price point bike. It makes things like lubing/adjusting the chain, checking the oil and removing a wheel much easier. As of about a year ago, Honda was still selling new ones. There were just over $100 or so. The part number you'll need is 50600-MW3-810. That's the full kit which includes bolts and the spring.

If you do a lot of highway riding you might also want to get a windshield to keep the wind blast off your chest. I've got a Nat. Cycle Plexifairing 3 on mine for winter riding and a small NC Deflector DX for summer use (also have the Deflector on my CB11).

Lastly, if you haven't already, check out Nighthawk-forums.com . Many of the members here are also members of that one. There is a vast amount of Nighthawk expertise there and much like this forum, it's a very friendly and laid back site.

Go ride!
 
Thread starter
Thanks Fly. I desperately tried to find the right nighthawk with a center stand but it just didnt work out. I am going to have to get one. Seems like about half the nighthawks have them and half dont. Thanks for the part number. This is probably going to be one of the first things on my radar. I was looking at the national cycle F-16 fly screen. I am caught in the middle sorta. I dont want a windshield to ruin the looks but I dont want to be beaten to death either. I want my cake and be able to eat it even though I know everything like this is a compromise.

Was the center stand a factory option back in the day?
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Thanks Fly. I desperately tried to find the right nighthawk with a center stand but it just didnt work out. I am going to have to get one. Seems like about half the nighthawks have them and half dont. Thanks for the part number. This is probably going to be one of the first things on my radar. I was looking at the national cycle F-16 fly screen. I am caught in the middle sorta. I dont want a windshield to ruin the looks but I dont want to be beaten to death either. I want my cake and be able to eat it even though I know everything like this is a compromise.

Was the center stand a factory option back in the day?
Yep. Throughout the '91-'03 series of the Nighthawk the center stand was sold separately. It's the first accessory I bought for mine.
 
Back
Top