Guys, I am back on 2 wheels finally....

OldF7Guy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
After telling my boss to stick it and starting my own business I have had to sacrifice, scrimp, and basically go without. I sold my Sportster to help get the business rolling. Things are starting to look up but there is still a ton of economic uncertainty. I have had a lot of sleepless nights and many of those were about the CB11. I lived through this forum all of last year and it nearly killed me. I cant make it another year without a motorcycle of some kind.

I considered getting everything from a CB11 to a Chinese scooter just to get around town on. I have ran the entire gammit through my mind. I looked at every new bike made. Rather than get in over my head and regret it later or buy something too small I made the decision.

I finally was able to make a deal on a Honda CB750 Nighthawk!:excited: I have searched for months for the right one. My work requires me to travel all over the state so she is going to get used not only for pleasure but as a workhorse as well.

Its coming from Michigan and I used U-ship to get it here rather than go get it. Its costing me the same as it would as if I went to get it when I factored in motel, gas ect..... Plus, its coming in a covered trailer and not in the back of my pickup. I should have it by mid next week and will post pictures when I get it. (like none of you have ever seen one:rofl:) I am excited for it to get here and I dont know why because its literally 6 degrees outside right now with snow on the ground.

I want to give a call out to CA200(the tire man) for helping me on some tire questions when I was negotiating the deal. THe CB11 is still on my want list but for now I think the Nighthawk is my smart play and will keep me satisfied. At least I will have something to ride again!!!:celebrate:
 
Well congrats oldF7guy.... The 750 Nighthawk is an awesome bike. Many of us have owned one...some still do. Easy to work on, dependable as an anvil, looks good, plenty fast enough.

Best of luck with your business venture!

Ps have you seen the w800 modified over on motorcycledailey.com?


Kawasaki W800 Based Scrambler Available From British Dealer « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews


Ding ding ding ding ding there ya go inline4..... post number 2600. :banana:
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Well congrats oldF7guy.... The 750 Nighthawk is an awesome bike. Many of us have owned one...some still do. Easy to work on, dependable as an anvil, looks good, plenty fast enough.

Best of luck with your business venture!

Ps have you seen the w800 modified over on motorcycledailey.com?


Kawasaki W800 Based Scrambler Available From British Dealer « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews


Ding ding ding ding ding there ya go inline4..... post number 2600. :banana:
Wow. Thats one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen. That W800 looks like the old enduros that Kaw used to make back in the day. I loved those things. I was in a Kaw dealer just the other day and the owner told me his business was mostly from 4 wheelers and crotch rockets. I guess I am a sort of odd ball with my tastes but I wish somebody would make more standards and enduro (what I call them) type motorcycles.
 
Thought you'd like that


Btw what color Nighthawk you get..Black, Yellow, Red or Blue?
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
After telling my boss to stick it and starting my own business I have had to sacrifice, scrimp, and basically go without. I sold my Sportster to help get the business rolling. Things are starting to look up but there is still a ton of economic uncertainty. I have had a lot of sleepless nights and many of those were about the CB11. I lived through this forum all of last year and it nearly killed me. I cant make it another year without a motorcycle of some kind.

I considered getting everything from a CB11 to a Chinese scooter just to get around town on. I have ran the entire gammit through my mind. I looked at every new bike made. Rather than get in over my head and regret it later or buy something too small I made the decision.

I finally was able to make a deal on a Honda CB750 Nighthawk!:excited: I have searched for months for the right one. My work requires me to travel all over the state so she is going to get used not only for pleasure but as a workhorse as well.

Its coming from Michigan and I used U-ship to get it here rather than go get it. Its costing me the same as it would as if I went to get it when I factored in motel, gas ect..... Plus, its coming in a covered trailer and not in the back of my pickup. I should have it by mid next week and will post pictures when I get it. (like none of you have ever seen one:rofl:) I am excited for it to get here and I dont know why because its literally 6 degrees outside right now with snow on the ground.

I want to give a call out to CA200(the tire man) for helping me on some tire questions when I was negotiating the deal. THe CB11 is still on my want list but for now I think the Nighthawk is my smart play and will keep me satisfied. At least I will have something to ride again!!!:celebrate:
Congrats, F7! If you can't swing a CB11 at the moment, the next best thing is a late model Nighthawk. I love mine so much that I couldn't bear to part with it when I got the CB11. Truth be told, I ride the CB750 just about as much as the CB11.

I think it's it'll be an excellent "workhorse" for you. They run and run and require very little in the way of maintenance.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
After telling my boss to stick it and starting my own business I have had to sacrifice, scrimp, and basically go without. I sold my Sportster to help get the business rolling. Things are starting to look up but there is still a ton of economic uncertainty. I have had a lot of sleepless nights and many of those were about the CB11. I lived through this forum all of last year and it nearly killed me. I cant make it another year without a motorcycle of some kind.

I considered getting everything from a CB11 to a Chinese scooter just to get around town on. I have ran the entire gammit through my mind. I looked at every new bike made. Rather than get in over my head and regret it later or buy something too small I made the decision.

I finally was able to make a deal on a Honda CB750 Nighthawk!:excited: I have searched for months for the right one. My work requires me to travel all over the state so she is going to get used not only for pleasure but as a workhorse as well.

Its coming from Michigan and I used U-ship to get it here rather than go get it. Its costing me the same as it would as if I went to get it when I factored in motel, gas ect..... Plus, its coming in a covered trailer and not in the back of my pickup. I should have it by mid next week and will post pictures when I get it. (like none of you have ever seen one:rofl:) I am excited for it to get here and I dont know why because its literally 6 degrees outside right now with snow on the ground.

I want to give a call out to CA200(the tire man) for helping me on some tire questions when I was negotiating the deal. THe CB11 is still on my want list but for now I think the Nighthawk is my smart play and will keep me satisfied. At least I will have something to ride again!!!:celebrate:
Congrats, F7! If you can't swing a CB11 at the moment, the next best thing is a late model Nighthawk. I love mine so much that I couldn't bear to part with it when I got the CB11. Truth be told, I ride the CB750 just about as much as the CB11.

I think it's it'll be an excellent "workhorse" for you. They run and run and require very little in the way of maintenance.
Congrats, F7! If you can't swing a CB11 at the moment, the next best thing is a late model Nighthawk. I love mine so much that I couldn't bear to part with it when I got the CB11. Truth be told, I ride the CB750 just about as much as the CB11.

I think it's it'll be an excellent "workhorse" for you. They run and run and require very little in the way of maintenance.
I love the idea of no valve adjustments and just really basic stuff on them. I know the limitations also with the carbs and brakes that could be improved but overall its a nice motorcycle to me.
The ferret_imp said:
Thought you'd like that


Btw what color Nighthawk you get..Black, Yellow, Red or Blue?
Red with the black engine. Its a 2003 so last year for the Hawk. 7400 miles on the clock and adult owned. In fact, the guy was older than me. lol Its completely stock. Comes with a cover, tool kit, 2 keys, manual, cargo net and maybe something else I forgot but it is almost like you owned it Ferret. No center stand though. :@ Has a new back tire but the front is probably going to need to be replaced.

I already ordered a tourmaster tank bag and tail bag like the one you put on your CB11. Thanks for posting the pics on that by the way. Any money I spend I am going to be careful I can use the stuff down the road on a CB11 just in case I ever get one. I have put the tourmaster saddle bags on hold for now but have them on the radar in case I need more room.
 
Congrats! After reading your story I am truly happy for you. Hopefully you'll be able to get that monkey of your back, our at least tame him for a while.
Ferret, congrats on your milestone too :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
 
No valve adjustments, no epa crap, front brake is easy to bleed, air cleaner is a snap to replace, when it comes time for a chain and sprockets invest in a good Oring chain. I actually ran a master link on mine, although it calls for an endless. Spark plugs are easy to get to.battery is a snap to get to. If had the CB s horsepower and brakes, I'd have kept mine

Lol thanks Pete! Time flies when you are posting like a mad man
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
No valve adjustments, no epa crap, front brake is easy to bleed, air cleaner is a snap to replace, when it comes time for a chain and sprockets invest in a good Oring chain. I actually ran a master link on mine, although it calls for an endless. Spark plugs are easy to get to.battery is a snap to get to. If had the CB s horsepower and brakes, I'd have kept mine

Lol thanks Pete! Time flies when you are posting like a mad man
+1 on all of that. I swear to you I have looked at nearly every new motorcycle made and other than the CB1100 I would rather have the Nighthawk than anything else I have looked at. Plus, it was thousands and thousands cheaper to boot so its a win win for me. How many miles did yours have on it when you sold it and did it give you any trouble to speak of?

When I saw the first CB1100 and got to sit on it and pick over it I nearly went off the deep end. Thats how much I like them. Thankfully, I got a hold of myself before I bought the dang thing.
 
Never gave me a minutes trouble.. 24,000 miles. One thing that is difficult... Not a lot of tires to choose from. Weird sizes, like the CB 1100.

 
Congratulations OldF7Guy. Welcome back to two wheels. Nice bike. I saw one (and took a photo of it next to my CB1100 on a ride the other day.

Best of luck with the business too.

Ferrett, well done on the amazing number of posts.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well congrats oldF7guy.... The 750 Nighthawk is an awesome bike. Many of us have owned one...some still do. Easy to work on, dependable as an anvil, looks good, plenty fast enough.

Best of luck with your business venture!

Ps have you seen the w800 modified over on motorcycledailey.com?


Kawasaki W800 Based Scrambler Available From British Dealer « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews


Ding ding ding ding ding there ya go inline4..... post number 2600. :banana:
Well its about time Mickey! I was concerned about your commitment to this great forum! Hehehe!
That's awesome.......2600 posts! :thumbsup: :clap: :worship:
 
That's great news OldF7Guy!

It's been almost seven years since I got back into riding motorcycles (and onto a street bike for the first time ever). That was after a layoff of almost 30 years. I still remember riding my new to me Hawk GT around for the first time like it was yesterday. And on that day I experienced a flood of memories of riding back in my youth. I think that most people who enjoy riding bikes never get the desire to ride out of their system. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. And while one year off is a lot shorter than thirty, I'm guessing that when the time comes to fire up the Nighthawk and go for the first ride, that bike and that ride will be absolutely awesome!
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
That's great news OldF7Guy!

It's been almost seven years since I got back into riding motorcycles (and onto a street bike for the first time ever). That was after a layoff of almost 30 years. I still remember riding my new to me Hawk GT around for the first time like it was yesterday. And on that day I experienced a flood of memories of riding back in my youth. I think that most people who enjoy riding bikes never get the desire to ride out of their system. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. And while one year off is a lot shorter than thirty, I'm guessing that when the time comes to fire up the Nighthawk and go for the first ride, that bike and that ride will be absolutely awesome!
Yeah, I am going to be a little rusty for sure but not 30 years rusty! That is quite a layoff. Glad you got back into it. It should be quite interesting coming off a 2003 rigid mount sporty to a 2003 Cb750. Mentally, I feel like I am as sharp as ever as far as being safe but I am getting to the point that I know maybe my reflexes are not quite as sharp as they used to be.

Funny how we change. First thing I used to do is rip off all of the reflectors ect and now I want to do everything possible to make sure I am seen. I think once this stuff gets in your blood its just hard to get it out. I am not a hard core motorcyclist like Ferret and some others but I sure enjoy riding them.
 
2003 NH750 is the best bike around for the money. I have owned four of them over the last few years. Unlike my new 1100 they are quite cold blooded though so allow warm up time before you take off.
 
Mike_imp said:
2003 NH750 is the best bike around for the money. I have owned four of them over the last few years. Unlike my new 1100 they are quite cold blooded though so allow warm up time before you take off.
Dang that red NH is pretty! Really pretty!

I have only seen 1 yellow and no blue ones in the wild. Red or black seems to be the predominant color choices.

Flyn..I ran Dunlop 505s on mine. Good news is, compared to prices on tires for these new super bikes, the Nighthawk tires are fairly cheap.
 
Ferret, which Cortech bag should I buy to put on the back of my CB1100 and also on my Nighthawk. I like the shape of the one you show on your CB and NH.
Thanks.
 
Mike, luggage manufacturers are changing the style of soft luggage all the time. I'm not sure that Cortech still makes that particular bag anymore. A lot depends on how much you want to carry back there, how a particular bag looks to you. There are tapered bags, square bags and round bags.

Heres a link to some tail bags from places that I have used

Tail Bags

http://www.sporttour.com/products/53-Tail-Bags/

And if you just google motorcycle soft luggage, you will find all kinds of options


You can also see what some others on this forum have used by typing tail bag into the search engine here

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/search...ee0563cede&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

Also check out this bag in post #7 that was a good price and looks similar to the Cortech bag

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1041&pid=23971#pid23971


If you have more questions about soft luggage start a new thread in the accesories/ modifications section of the forum and you will get plenty of ideas and answers.
 
Back
Top