SanPete_imp
Been there
That camera man needs to improve on his aiming skills.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.mininsx_imp said:Here's a sound clip of the "Jimmy-tune" muffler.
http://vid613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/mininsx51/CLIP0001 - Copy.mp4
I might have to try that! It looks like the tube is cut down on the inside on that last (open) photo. Is it?mininsx_imp said:I might have to try that! It looks like the tube is cut down on the inside on that last (open) photo. Is it?metalmaven_imp said:I might have to try that! It looks like the tube is cut down on the inside on that last (open) photo. Is it?
Yeah, I cut most of it off using a Dremel. If it's left the original length there's very little room for any "extra" exhaust to get out.
And I'd like to thank "offroadfx4" for hacking off the end of his muffler so I could see exactly what's going on behind that end plate. His photos gave me the nerve to start drilling on mine. :beerchug:
Hahaha, I was going for the SOUND, not a "picture!"SanPete_imp said:That camera man needs to improve on his aiming skills.

I might have to try that! It looks like the tube is cut down on the inside on that last (open) photo. Is it?dailyrider_imp said:I might have to try that! It looks like the tube is cut down on the inside on that last (open) photo. Is it?mininsx_imp said:I might have to try that! It looks like the tube is cut down on the inside on that last (open) photo. Is it?metalmaven_imp said:I might have to try that! It looks like the tube is cut down on the inside on that last (open) photo. Is it?
Yeah, I cut most of it off using a Dremel. If it's left the original length there's very little room for any "extra" exhaust to get out.
And I'd like to thank "offroadfx4" for hacking off the end of his muffler so I could see exactly what's going on behind that end plate. His photos gave me the nerve to start drilling on mine. :beerchug:
Yeah, I cut most of it off using a Dremel. If it's left the original length there's very little room for any "extra" exhaust to get out.
And I'd like to thank "offroadfx4" for hacking off the end of his muffler so I could see exactly what's going on behind that end plate. His photos gave me the nerve to start drilling on mine. :beerchug:
So, all you did was cut that rectangular hole and then cut the exhaust tip shorter to get that sound?
WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.treytexag_imp said:WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.mininsx_imp said:Here's a sound clip of the "Jimmy-tune" muffler.
http://vid613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/mininsx51/CLIP0001 - Copy.mp4
WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.Novice_imp said:WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.treytexag_imp said:WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.mininsx_imp said:Here's a sound clip of the "Jimmy-tune" muffler.
http://vid613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/mininsx51/CLIP0001 - Copy.mp4
Seriously? No offense intended, but compared to a staintune or the factory can it sounds really raw or crude, quite out of character with the CB IMHO.
WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.Novice_imp said:WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.treytexag_imp said:WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.mininsx_imp said:Here's a sound clip of the "Jimmy-tune" muffler.
http://vid613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/mininsx51/CLIP0001 - Copy.mp4
Seriously? No offense intended, but compared to a staintune or the factory can it sounds really raw or crude, quite out of character with the CB IMHO.
WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.treytexag_imp said:WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.Novice_imp said:WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.treytexag_imp said:WOW - that sounds REAL good. I won't be modding mine, I'm a much more "incognito" rider, but it does sound most excellent IMHO.mininsx_imp said:Here's a sound clip of the "Jimmy-tune" muffler.
http://vid613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/mininsx51/CLIP0001 - Copy.mp4
Seriously? No offense intended, but compared to a staintune or the factory can it sounds really raw or crude, quite out of character with the CB IMHO.
Seriously? No offense intended, but compared to a staintune or the factory can it sounds really raw or crude, quite out of character with the CB IMHO.
Novice - truly. No kidding - thought it sounded really good, considering it did not cost a penny, and of course for someone looking for more "attitude" . . .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I pondered this mod, listened to the clip, read comments as to sounding a bit crude, it made me wonder what the sound would be like if the stock pipe, running up to the end cap exit, was NOT cut off short?Randy B_imp said:
gbpack89_imp said:I followed much the same pattern as most of you. I cut and drilled the muffler until I finally got fed up and fired the bike up with it removed. It sounds great with just the cat. So then I bent up some exhaust pipe, only took two bends, and ceramic coated it.
![]()
![]()
How well does your video sample capture the true sound?mininsx_imp said:The idea (for me) was to make it louder and cutting off the exit tube and making it shorter allows for the extra exhaust to go somewhere instead of being trapped by the end cap cover. Since I did this I haven't touched it, the loudness is just where I want it and the best part is it was free! :celebrate:
How well does your video sample capture the true sound?DGShannon_imp said:How well does your video sample capture the true sound?mininsx_imp said:The idea (for me) was to make it louder and cutting off the exit tube and making it shorter allows for the extra exhaust to go somewhere instead of being trapped by the end cap cover. Since I did this I haven't touched it, the loudness is just where I want it and the best part is it was free! :celebrate:
I know that microphones, on smartphones, sometimes don't do justice to deep bass tones. I recently did a video of one of my bikes using my phone, and then later my wife's. Both sounded completely different, with only one close to reality, and neither spot on.
I can make one. But ifyyou just unbolt the factory muffler and run it it sounds very similar to that. Only complaint is the decel poping is very noticeableKung Fu Joe_imp said:Do you have a video so we can hear it?
gbpack89_imp said:I followed much the same pattern as most of you. I cut and drilled the muffler until I finally got fed up and fired the bike up with it removed. It sounds great with just the cat. So then I bent up some exhaust pipe, only took two bends, and ceramic coated it.
![]()
![]()