Grips came in today

The ferret_imp said:
I run Progrip 719 gel grips on all my bikes. They have more cushion, absorb vibes, and are stickier than the stock oem grips. So I ordered a set of the blk/blk colored ones for the CB. They came in today. Will probably get them on in the next couple of days and will post up pics.

Woohoo ...farkle number 4 for me

1. Rubber lever ball end covers

2. Black aluminum valve cover caps for wheels

3. Helmet guardian

4. 719 Gel grips

She's just about perfect now :D
Hi ferret, I read on a few reviews that those black aluminium valve covers can seize on to the valve stem and not come out, which gave many people trouble and a lot a lot of money. Thought I would share it with you so that you would not be a victim.:angel:
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anodized-aluminum-valve-set-black-99773.html
 
Thread starter
Wow, been running them for maybe 10 years on numerous bikes without issue,maybe because I check the tire pressure frequently.... but I'll keep my eye on them, thanks for the heads up.

I HATE rubber valve step caps.
 
Has anyone used Grip Puppies on their bikes? Read on another site that they work great, but wondered if anyone on this site used them.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow, been running them for maybe 10 years on numerous bikes without issue,maybe because I check the tire pressure frequently.... but I'll keep my eye on them, thanks for the heads up.

I HATE rubber valve step caps.
just a tiny bit of anti-seize should alleviate any fears.
 
Flyn,

I'm with ferret on this as I hate rubber stem caps too and always use alminum caps. I never had any problem either. Heck, they come standard on Lexus cars and no problem I've seen. Maybe because like ferret I check pressures pretty often too.

But, having said that, I do have anti-seize! Think I'll put some on my bike and car.
 
Thread starter
Yep, got some anti seize in the tool box. Haven't had silver fingers in awhile. I'm put a dab on " just because"
 
The ferret_imp said:
Honda Dealer

Part # 95010-16001. quantity 2. They were $ 2.99 ea at my dealer. Probably a few cents less at yours.

Yea a lot of the early Hondas from 64 up thru the late 70 s had them. I always thought they were a nice touch.
Just wanted to know where the pro grips came from Ferret. I might like them my self. I have sometimes started making a bike better too soon and wish I had waited for more goodies to come out! thanks,

Jayimpalaman
 
Thread starter
Local shop, but they had to reder them from their supplier Tucker Rocky. They are available online if you google 719 Progrips. Ou want the open end model. My dealer got me the grips with the plugged ends so I cut he ends out with an exacto and cleaned up my cuts with a dremel. Didnt want to wait for dealer to reorder them and have to make another trip back.
 
Dangergirl416_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Honda Dealer

Part # 95010-16001. quantity 2. They were $ 2.99 ea at my dealer. Probably a few cents less at yours.

Yea a lot of the early Hondas from 64 up thru the late 70 s had them. I always thought they were a nice touch.
Okay, I'm stumped...how did you get those on? I got a pair and cannot get them on...grrrr. :@
Okay, I'm stumped...how did you get those on? I got a pair and cannot get them on...grrrr. :@
The lever ball ends were tough to put on but I heated them with a heat gun and sprayed wd 40 in then and then started them on the inside of the ball part of the lever. I then pulled the rubber apart and pushed. Also swore a little, that seemed to help.
 
Ha Ha! Swearing seems to help on a LOT of things :)
 
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anyone used Grip Puppies on their bikes? Read on another site that they work great, but wondered if anyone on this site used them.
Fitted a set at the weekend and am very happy with the difference they have made, worth every cent; very easy to fit with no cutting required at all.
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anyone used Grip Puppies on their bikes? Read on another site that they work great, but wondered if anyone on this site used them.
Fitted a set at the weekend and am very happy with the difference they have made, worth every cent; very easy to fit with no cutting required at all.
Fitted a set at the weekend and am very happy with the difference they have made, worth every cent; very easy to fit with no cutting required at all.
Good news. I've been thinking about a set.
 
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anyone used Grip Puppies on their bikes? Read on another site that they work great, but wondered if anyone on this site used them.
Yes, I am. I used to make fun of the guys using them in the old days, but I just love 'em. Great grip, no vibes, and the larger diameter is much more comfortable to me (though I have biggish hands). Can't recommend them enough. They have to be trimmed in length to fit the CB grips, but that's an extremely easy process.


edit: oops - just realized this was a year old post. sorry. I need to stop trying to do posts while working at the office!
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anyone used Grip Puppies on their bikes? Read on another site that they work great, but wondered if anyone on this site used them.
Yes, I am. I used to make fun of the guys using them in the old days, but I just love 'em. Great grip, no vibes, and the larger diameter is much more comfortable to me (though I have biggish hands). Can't recommend them enough. They have to be trimmed in length to fit the CB grips, but that's an extremely easy process.


edit: oops - just realized this was a year old post. sorry. I need to stop trying to do posts while working at the office!
Yes, I am. I used to make fun of the guys using them in the old days, but I just love 'em. Great grip, no vibes, and the larger diameter is much more comfortable to me (though I have biggish hands). Can't recommend them enough. They have to be trimmed in length to fit the CB grips, but that's an extremely easy process.


edit: oops - just realized this was a year old post. sorry. I need to stop trying to do posts while working at the office! I found that they slid on with no cutting required, will take a picture and post, certainly a good low dollar investment for me in terms of comfort. The same people I bought off also sell water proof gloves - Rain-Off, which are extremely practical and worth having a set, once again only my opinion.
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anyone used Grip Puppies on their bikes? Read on another site that they work great, but wondered if anyone on this site used them.
Yes, I am. I used to make fun of the guys using them in the old days, but I just love 'em. Great grip, no vibes, and the larger diameter is much more comfortable to me (though I have biggish hands). Can't recommend them enough. They have to be trimmed in length to fit the CB grips, but that's an extremely easy process.


edit: oops - just realized this was a year old post. sorry. I need to stop trying to do posts while working at the office!
Yes, I am. I used to make fun of the guys using them in the old days, but I just love 'em. Great grip, no vibes, and the larger diameter is much more comfortable to me (though I have biggish hands). Can't recommend them enough. They have to be trimmed in length to fit the CB grips, but that's an extremely easy process.


edit: oops - just realized this was a year old post. sorry. I need to stop trying to do posts while working at the office! I found that they slid on with no cutting required, will take a picture and post, certainly a good low dollar investment for me in terms of comfort. The same people I bought off also sell water proof gloves - Rain-Off, which are extremely practical and worth having a set, once again only my opinion.
Yes, I am. I used to make fun of the guys using them in the old days, but I just love 'em. Great grip, no vibes, and the larger diameter is much more comfortable to me (though I have biggish hands). Can't recommend them enough. They have to be trimmed in length to fit the CB grips, but that's an extremely easy process.


edit: oops - just realized this was a year old post. sorry. I need to stop trying to do posts while working at the office! I found that they slid on with no cutting required, will take a picture and post, certainly a good low dollar investment for me in terms of comfort. The same people I bought off also sell water proof gloves - Rain-Off, which are extremely practical and worth having a set, once again only my opinion.
[url=http://s98.photobucket.com/user/tyke57nz/media/GripPuppies009_zps6906fd95.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top