Grips came in today

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
I run Progrip 719 gel grips on all my bikes. They have more cushion, absorb vibes, and are stickier than the stock oem grips. So I ordered a set of the blk/blk colored ones for the CB. They came in today. Will probably get them on in the next couple of days and will post up pics.

Woohoo ...farkle number 4 for me

1. Rubber lever ball end covers

2. Black aluminum valve cover caps for wheels

3. Helmet guardian

4. 719 Gel grips

She's just about perfect now :D
 
Now thats funny right there I don't care who you are!!
 
Thread starter
Added another farkle. Put a 4 " square with rounded corners piece of clear 3m sheeting where my belly and the seat meets the tank. It was already showing a tiny bit of wear there and I wanted to nip that in the bud. I'll take a pic if it ever quits raining, but it won't show up very well I don't think.

Also readjusted my bars/ levers/ mirrors for the second time. It occured to me while riding yesterday the bars were still a bit too high and far forward for my stubby arms :rolleyes:

Also tested my small National Cycle Deflector Shield for fitting and it won't without going in front ( near side) of the instruments. That won't work :dodgy:
 
I'm interested in that 3m sheeting. I have that stuff on my Lexus (came on it) and its great. Can't even see it unless you are up close. Where do you get it?

I had to lower my bars too. And like you, maybe a little more.
 
Thread starter
Popgun, I originally was looking for the static kind of clear stuff and stopped at several automotive detailers and auto zone etc...no luck. They had black and gray tinted stuff but no clear. So I stopped at a local sign company and they had the adhesive back clear stuff. I really didn't want that because I thought I might want to remove it someday, but the guy let me have a 4 " square piece to try, and advised me to squirt water/soap mix where I wanted it to go so I could move it a bit if necessary, and give me time to squeegee out any air bubbles. It was wise advice. He also advised if I wanted to remove it to use a hair dryer sparingly.
 
Thread starter
Honda Dealer

Part # 95010-16001. quantity 2. They were $ 2.99 ea at my dealer. Probably a few cents less at yours.

Yea a lot of the early Hondas from 64 up thru the late 70 s had them. I always thought they were a nice touch.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Honda Dealer

Part # 95010-16001. quantity 2. They were $ 2.99 ea at my dealer. Probably a few cents less at yours.

Yea a lot of the early Hondas from 64 up thru the late 70 s had them. I always thought they were a nice touch.
Okay, I'm stumped...how did you get those on? I got a pair and cannot get them on...grrrr. :@
 
Thread starter
Lol dealer put them on for me, but try squirting some contact cleaner in there and pushing them on. I replaced them years ago, but dont remember the trick. Maybe compressed air?
 
Dangergirl416_imp said:
Well tore one already...LOL. Might need to just have the dealership put it on...ugh. :huh:
Try some soapy water or, strange as it may sound, aerosol hair spray. I used to use hair spray when installing grips.
 
Thread starter
Dangergrl, i'll stop at the dealer tomorrow and ask how they did it.
 
Thread starter
Dangergirl, called the shop...they said let them warm up in the sun a bit and then spray armor-all on ball and inside rubber and one person pull and a second person push lol
 
I couldn't stand it so I ordered a pair too, today. Now I know the trick for install! Thanks ferret and oldyaler

Instead of the sun, I'll just heat them with a heat gun or hair dryer.
 
I heated mine in the sun (hey, it was hot that day!) Then used WD-40. I had to use a rag or paper towel to get a grip on them as they are slippery when lubed, and then just worried them on. After they sit overnight they tighten right up as WD will tack up.
 
Back
Top