Got the Tank Repainted

Pete Erickson_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So, you purchase a 2014 DLX and are not really liking the graphics on the tank. I have an easy way to fix that.

First you plan a 700 mile weekend trip to get an In 'N Out burger. You take the BMW because it has saddle bags. The second day of the trip is about 400 miles and you don't get home until about 8:30pm. You are dog tired. You pull into the garage, flick the kickstand down on the Beemer and start to get off the bike. As the bike is leaning over, you realize that the kickstand did not deploy at about the same time you realize you cannot stop the fall. The bar end and bar end mirror scrape the tank of your CB1100. The Beemer is undamaged.

Well, now you have the tank repainted without the graphics. The painters did a great job. Color match is perfect and the graphics are gone. Only cost $250.00.
 
Pics or it didn't happen! :D

My similar story resulted in a new (read used) tank... :(
 
In and Out Burgers are OK, but not worth $250
 
Hey Long, Ferret's one to talk, he makes the Ribber Run on a regular basis!!
 
I don't know about In and Out Burgers, but if it's anything like that joint in Cherokee, Ferret, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat one.
 
Lol well In-and Out is a chain burger place but a little above the place we ate at in Cherokee which was a Burger King if I remember correctly.. I'm ok with either one, having never developed a sophisticated palate. I feel like you feel about Burger King about most fancy expensive restaurants. Just have no desire to eat in them.
 
It was a Hardees I believe in Cherokee and if I had not been so hungry it would have been in the trash straight away.

The dining choices in Robbinsville were even worse.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I don't know about In and Out Burgers, but if it's anything like that joint in Cherokee, Ferret, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat one.
Yes, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat In-n-Out, too, and I have two or more of them within 30 minutes of my house. They taste like White Castle burgers, which are also awful.
 
AzBob_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I don't know about In and Out Burgers, but if it's anything like that joint in Cherokee, Ferret, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat one.
Yes, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat In-n-Out, too, and I have two or more of them within 30 minutes of my house. They taste like White Castle burgers, which are also awful.
Yes, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat In-n-Out, too, and I have two or more of them within 30 minutes of my house. They taste like White Castle burgers, which are also awful.
1. Nothing tastes like White Castles.
2. White Castles ROCK when they are fresh off the griddle.

They are one of the things I miss about living around Chicago.
 
LOL I would not eat a White Castle burger for anything less than $10,000 and would probably chuck it back up before I could get the whole thing down. Seriously.
 
The ferret_imp said:
LOL I would not eat a White Castle burger for anything less than $10,000 and would probably chuck it back up before I could get the whole thing down. Seriously.
There was a time when I scarfed down 20 in one sitting. :D
 
I hate onions so to me they are the equivalent of poison lol. When we moved back to Ohio in 1960 there was a white castle right down the street. I remember the burgers being 10 or 12 cents apiece back then and the little old building still had 5 cents painted on it. The rest of my family loved the little things and would get them maybe once a month for a treat. My brother and sister will still go get some every once in a while but I have never eaten one in my life.
 
Order them with no onions!

In and out very popular. Burgers are good, fries need to be extra cooked. Animal style on burger is best.

But nothing better than my grill


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Eric you can but they are not really successful at that as they spread the little onions all over the grill, lay the burgers on top of that, lay the bottom of the bun on top of that and then scoop the whole mess up at once and put the top of the bun on. They are little onion chunks not the white rings that burger makers usually put on a burger as a condiment so they can't really be left off.
 
Yeah....that is the best part!! They grill the onions on the grill and then put the patties right in the onion juices!!! YUM YUM!!!
 
I've really been enjoying this thread, in spite of being reminded of a thoroughly indifferent burger. I hope you all see what's happened: no-one but a couple of heroes has been up to confessing they have no idea what the graphics on the CB's tank are so we've all stepped around it and talked about burgers, onions—almost anything but the tank.

Gotta love the CB1100 forum. :thumbsup:

By the way, redbirds, I think the place was called Hardee's—

 
Back
Top