Got the Tank Repainted

Hey the OP started it with the in and out burger thing lol.

Without a pic we have no idea what the tank looks like now, so we can't comment about how good it looks without stripes. So for now we are just stalling waiting for the pic
 
:rofl:

So keep it going: tell us why Hardee's burgers are OK, Ferret.
 
Actually I had the chicken. Don't know about their burgers. Lol

I do like Wendy burgers, McDonalds burgers, Steak amd Shake Burgers and Burger King Burgers, Denny's burgers, and Bob Evans burgers though. Don't care for Frishes burgers.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Actually I had the chicken. Don't know about their burgers. Lol

I do like Wendy burgers, McDonalds burgers, Steak amd Shake Burgers and Burger King Burgers, Denny's burgers, and Bob Evans burgers though. Don't care for Frishes burgers.
I read a report on the internet that eating bugs at high speeds is bad for your taste buds. :banana:
 
Lol there may be something behind that theory.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Actually I had the chicken. Don't know about their burgers. Lol

I do like Wendy burgers, McDonalds burgers, Steak amd Shake Burgers and Burger King Burgers, Denny's burgers, and Bob Evans burgers though. Don't care for Frishes burgers.
Now I come to think about it, I may have the chicken too. You'd still have to pay me to get me to try another one!
 
So where's the pics of this tank??


Randy B_imp said:
AzBob_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I don't know about In and Out Burgers, but if it's anything like that joint in Cherokee, Ferret, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat one.
Yes, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat In-n-Out, too, and I have two or more of them within 30 minutes of my house. They taste like White Castle burgers, which are also awful.
Yes, you'd have to pay me $250 to eat In-n-Out, too, and I have two or more of them within 30 minutes of my house. They taste like White Castle burgers, which are also awful.
1. Nothing tastes like White Castles.
2. White Castles ROCK when they are fresh off the griddle.

They are one of the things I miss about living around Chicago.
Speaking of White Castle, I went to school with a dude from North Jersey. He used to refer to them as 'Murder Burgers'. 'Course when he said it it sounded like he was saying.. Moyda Boygas
 
Sounds like we all had the chicken. Heck, the burgers may have been good for all we know.

In this area White Castles are also known as belly bombs.

Now where is the pic of that tank?
 
In the meantime, to paraphrase old mate Hoges, "THIS is a tank without graphics".

e469d4e324a62d4eb4424227a7ad50b2.jpeg


327d63dc5852319fc9ade5cd3e0ededa.jpeg


"Belly bomb"? Now that is descriptive.

Cheers
 
Now that I see one without the stripes, I like the stripes, but I wish the stripes were shaped differently, like the stripes on an old Norton Commando or something. Maybe a single gold stripe.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Now that I see one without the stripes, I like the stripes, but I wish the stripes were shaped differently, like the stripes on an old Norton Commando or something. Maybe a single gold stripe.
"Now that you see one"? There is not a photo on this, or any other forum, of an Aussie CB with one. We rejected the stripe for the clean, uncluttered (and fast) look :).

Cheers

Wait, I think Aussieflyer painted a "go faster" down the back of his tank.
 
Thread starter
The 14 DLX has two stripes one white and one black. They are supposed to mimic the stripes on the original CB750 (I think). They look OK, but to my eye, I think the tank looks better without them. Would have left the tank alone if my stupidity had not intervened and gave the opportunity to remove them.

Oh, Pterodactyl is correct, the bike is now definitely faster without the strips.

I would post pics, but this forum like most others makes positing them more work than I want to go through. I guess Facebook has spoiled me. I can post a pic on FB in a couple of seconds.
Why ride 300+ miles for and In 'N Out burger? Here in the Pacific Northwest, it takes a while to get things that other parts of the country enjoy. For years we could not buy Coors beer. People would make beer runs to Idaho and California just to get a couple of cases. Now Coors is OK, but when your state has banned the sale, Coors becomes THE premium beer.

In 'N Out is kind of the same thing. We hear people rave about their burgers, especially relocated Cali folks. So In 'N Out became the new Coors. Until this year the closest store was in Redding, CA. When news came that they were going to open a store in Medford, Or all of the Oregon media exploded. This was huge. When they opened in September, people were camping out the night before, additional police were put on line to handle the traffic. So a couple of weeks after they opened myself and 3 friends decided to make a burger run.

The burger was good and inexpensive. For about $5.50, I got a cheese burger, fries and a soda. About the same price as a Big Mac.

Was it worth the trip? Well we are planning another one next year. It will be a little longer as we are planning on spending a couple days exploring Crater Lake. I will take the CB, which should cut the riding time in half, now that the stripes are gone and the bike is much faster.
 
Looks good w/o the stripes :) I'm thinking of painting the silver part of my stripes gold to match some of the bling I've added. Shocks, clutch and brake reservoir covers, oil filler cap.
 
Looking forward to some pictures, Geezer.
 
We don't have them back here in the midwest. I had In and Out burgers on my California ride and then again when I went to Nevada and rode some of the passes in the Sierra Nevada's. Don't think I would camp out for one, but they were good. Also had Jack in the Box burger on my California ride. tHe in and Out was definitly better.

If you store photos in Photobucket it only takes a few seconds to copy and post the link here as well.
 
The ferret_imp said:
We don't have them back here in the midwest. I had In and Out burgers on my California ride and then again when I went to Nevada and rode some of the passes in the Sierra Nevada's. Don't think I would camp out for one, but they were good. Also had Jack in the Box burger on my California ride. tHe in and Out was definitly better.

If you store photos in Photobucket it only takes a few seconds to copy and post the link here as well.
I've a nagging suspicion that photo-posting threads on this forum are likely to become as inflammatory as those threads discussing a certain viscous substance. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
We don't have them back here in the midwest. I had In and Out burgers on my California ride and then again when I went to Nevada and rode some of the passes in the Sierra Nevada's. Don't think I would camp out for one, but they were good. Also had Jack in the Box burger on my California ride. tHe in and Out was definitly better.

If you store photos in Photobucket it only takes a few seconds to copy and post the link here as well.
I've a nagging suspicion that photo-posting threads on this forum are likely to become as inflammatory as those threads discussing a certain viscous substance. :P
I've a nagging suspicion that photo-posting threads on this forum are likely to become as inflammatory as those threads discussing a certain viscous substance. :P
You mean RUM????

Cheers:beerchug:
 
That might do it, but I was thinking more of Highly Unsuitable Bike Riding Inflammatory Substances.

:beerchug: to you.
 
Back
Top