Got the Standard, passed on the DLX

Ferret being a moderator give you "DA POWA"!! :D
 
Randy B_imp said:
Ferret being a moderator give you "DA POWA"!! :D
Lol yea apparently not so much Randy. Lotsa stuff around here I can't figure out. I'm more of a cheerleader with edit, delete and ban buttons that I barely know how to use.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Ferret being a moderator give you "DA POWA"!! :D
Lol yea apparently not so much Randy. Lotsa stuff around here I can't figure out. I'm more of a cheerleader with edit, delete and ban buttons that I barely know how to use.
Lol yea apparently not so much Randy. Lotsa stuff around here I can't figure out. I'm more of a cheerleader with edit, delete and ban buttons that I barely know how to use.
Press a few at random, mate, and see what happens! :P
Tomas. Congratulations on your choice. Look forward to pictures and reports. You'll love it.
 
On our site, Admin have all the power, mods a bit less (and too much in some areas but that is another topic) and members even less. We don't allow members to change their log in or display names as that can lead to no end of mischief. If memory serves, we don't give mods that power either.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
does your guys User CP not look like this? (Look at your profile section)


I looked around under Tomas log in and couldn't find this page so it must be controlled by the user. If yours doesn't look like this Tomas will have to PM Guth to get it changed I guess
Thanks again ferret, nope my page does not look like this. If you or Guth could change it to ( tomas ) no DLX attached, I would appreciate it.
DAC_imp said:
That's an excellent deal, tomas! If I wasn't reasonably sure this bike was going to be with me until I stopped riding, I would have gone for a 2013 as well. They're a super buy right now!
Thanks DAC,
Honda East prices on them weren't that bad either, $8,599.00 + taxes. They'll always come out with something better, but I plan to stick with this one for quite awhile. Then it won't be a retro anymore, it'll be a classic.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats Tomas.:thumbsup: You really can't go wrong with either year or model. they are both stunning and superb motorcycles.

and you are right about the ease of lubing and adjusting the chain with no pipe in the way. makes it so much easier

and saving money is always a good thing
Well, you guys probably won't think this is too cool: Yesterday I bought a new 2013 Honda Shadow Aero.

1. Fenders match my sidecar almost exactly, so does the chrome.
2. I love sport bikes, especially the CB but cruisers fit sidecars better anyway.
3. It's already black. NO painting.
4. Liquid-cooled. Low maintenance. No valve adjustment. (of course all Hondas are reliable)
5. Reliable shaft drive. No chain, no lube.
6. 750 smaller but plenty big enough for sidecar riding.
7. The DLX would cost about $12,000 with black paint.
8. 2014 Shadow Aero on sale for $6,799.
9. Yesterday I bought a NEW 2013 Shadow Aero for $5,999!!!
At 1/2 the price of a painted DLX, I couldn't resist.
I usually have 2 or 3 bikes anyway and recently bought a 2014 Indian Chief too. So, I may end up with a CB yet. Maybe a good low-mileage 2013 CB1100!


BTW, Now that I have a Shadow, I'm hanging out on the Shadow and Indian forums too. THIS is the best of all forums. And I've been on 5 motorcycle forums!
 
I originally registered here (as with ADVRider.com) with the user name "Plungerhead", but on all the other bike forums I belong to I'm known as "Inline4". Guth changed that for me.................
perhaps he can for you as well.
AND.....Welcome the the best bike forum there is. :thumbsup: :beerchug:
 
Here lately I've been thinking a lot about doing the same thing. Buying a 'left-over' 2013 model that is.

tomas_imp said:
My Dealer called me the other day and said, if I didn't want to wait any longer for the DLX he would give me a great deal on the 2013 Standard. So I weight my options, and bought the 2013. :celebrate: The reason
I choose the 13 was for, and no specific order,

1) ABS would have been nice, but never had it, so won't miss it.
2) Liked the 4 into 2 exhaust a lot, but after looking at the 4 into 1 exhaust, it is a work of art. When the time comes to adjust and oil the chain, it will make that job a lot easier.
3) I still like the silver engine & wheels better, but I can live with the black.
4) The 6 speed transmission doesn't matter to me. I like the engine to rev more, and I don't ride on the interstate highways anyway.
5) I prefer the looks of the smaller gas tank, and touring isn't my thing. So the extra fuel in the larger tank doesn't matter.
6) I like the seat and the side covers on the DLX, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
7) The 13 is 30lbs lighter, I like that. ( maybe it's faster too!)
8) I payed $8,600.00 OTD for the 13. That 3,100.00 less then the DLX.

I'm happy with my purchase, and can't wait to put some miles on it. The bike looks sweet, and will report back on the ride. :biker:
Sorry. I felt the need to revise that for ya. Needed emphasis on 'OTD'. :D

I've been considering a new 2013 model for three main reasons:
... 1) Refer to No. 8 above... hoping to get a deal like that!
... 2) I really prefer that black motor with contrasting covers.
... 3) I'd be just as happy with a new '13 as a '14 anyway.

Congrats on your new CB1100, Thomas. A beautiful piece of machinery to be sure... regardless of year. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
road dog_imp said:
Here lately I've been thinking a lot about doing the same thing. Buying a 'left-over' 2013 model that is.

tomas_imp said:
My Dealer called me the other day and said, if I didn't want to wait any longer for the DLX he would give me a great deal on the 2013 Standard. So I weight my options, and bought the 2013. :celebrate: The reason
I choose the 13 was for, and no specific order,

1) ABS would have been nice, but never had it, so won't miss it.
2) Liked the 4 into 2 exhaust a lot, but after looking at the 4 into 1 exhaust, it is a work of art. When the time comes to adjust and oil the chain, it will make that job a lot easier.
3) I still like the silver engine & wheels better, but I can live with the black.
4) The 6 speed transmission doesn't matter to me. I like the engine to rev more, and I don't ride on the interstate highways anyway.
5) I prefer the looks of the smaller gas tank, and touring isn't my thing. So the extra fuel in the larger tank doesn't matter.
6) I like the seat and the side covers on the DLX, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
7) The 13 is 30lbs lighter, I like that. ( maybe it's faster too!)
8) I payed $8,600.00 OTD for the 13. That 3,100.00 less then the DLX.

I'm happy with my purchase, and can't wait to put some miles on it. The bike looks sweet, and will report back on the ride. :biker:
Sorry. I felt the need to revise that for ya. Needed emphasis on 'OTD'. :D

I've been considering a new 2013 model for three main reasons:
... 1) Refer to No. 8 above... hoping to get a deal like that!
... 2) I really prefer that black motor with contrasting covers.
... 3) I'd be just as happy with a new '13 as a '14 anyway.

Congrats on your new CB1100, Thomas. A beautiful piece of machinery to be sure... regardless of year. :thumbsup:
Sorry. I felt the need to revise that for ya. Needed emphasis on 'OTD'. :D

I've been considering a new 2013 model for three main reasons:
... 1) Refer to No. 8 above... hoping to get a deal like that!
... 2) I really prefer that black motor with contrasting covers.
... 3) I'd be just as happy with a new '13 as a '14 anyway.

Congrats on your new CB1100, Thomas. A beautiful piece of machinery to be sure... regardless of year. :thumbsup:
It was a helluva deal Road Dog, but I think it helped that I didn't have a trade-in, he probably had another buyer wanting my DLX and he wanted to clear out his last CB, 13.
 
The ferret_imp said:
does your guys User CP not look like this? (Look at your profile section)


I looked around under Tomas log in and couldn't find this page so it must be controlled by the user. If yours doesn't look like this Tomas will have to PM Guth to get it changed I guess
Ferret...Guth does needs to do that. Remember when I wanted to change mine?
He took care of it 1,2,3.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats Tomas.:thumbsup: You really can't go wrong with either year or model. they are both stunning and superb motorcycles.

and you are right about the ease of lubing and adjusting the chain with no pipe in the way. makes it so much easier

and saving money is always a good thing
Well, you guys probably won't think this is too cool: Yesterday I bought a new 2013 Honda Shadow Aero.

1. Fenders match my sidecar almost exactly, so does the chrome.
2. I love sport bikes, especially the CB but cruisers fit sidecars better anyway.
3. It's already black. NO painting.
4. Liquid-cooled. Low maintenance. No valve adjustment. (of course all Hondas are reliable)
5. Reliable shaft drive. No chain, no lube.
6. 750 smaller but plenty big enough for sidecar riding.
7. The DLX would cost about $12,000 with black paint.
8. 2014 Shadow Aero on sale for $6,799.
9. Yesterday I bought a NEW 2013 Shadow Aero for $5,999!!!
At 1/2 the price of a painted DLX, I couldn't resist.
I usually have 2 or 3 bikes anyway and recently bought a 2014 Indian Chief too. So, I may end up with a CB yet. Maybe a good low-mileage 2013 CB1100!


BTW, Now that I have a Shadow, I'm hanging out on the Shadow and Indian forums too. THIS is the best of all forums. And I've been on 5 motorcycle forums!
Well, you guys probably won't think this is too cool: Yesterday I bought a new 2013 Honda Shadow Aero.

1. Fenders match my sidecar almost exactly, so does the chrome.
2. I love sport bikes, especially the CB but cruisers fit sidecars better anyway.
3. It's already black. NO painting.
4. Liquid-cooled. Low maintenance. No valve adjustment. (of course all Hondas are reliable)
5. Reliable shaft drive. No chain, no lube.
6. 750 smaller but plenty big enough for sidecar riding.
7. The DLX would cost about $12,000 with black paint.
8. 2014 Shadow Aero on sale for $6,799.
9. Yesterday I bought a NEW 2013 Shadow Aero for $5,999!!!
At 1/2 the price of a painted DLX, I couldn't resist.
I usually have 2 or 3 bikes anyway and recently bought a 2014 Indian Chief too. So, I may end up with a CB yet. Maybe a good low-mileage 2013 CB1100!


BTW, Now that I have a Shadow, I'm hanging out on the Shadow and Indian forums too. THIS is the best of all forums. And I've been on 5 motorcycle forums!
Hey there, Buffalohead! Good on you. Are you happy? When are you going to show us some pictures of this new acquisition? I'm sure lots of us are looking forward to seeing it with the sidecar.
 
Congrats Buffalohead and that sounds like a smokin deal to me, and a perfect match for your hack.I agree with Cormanus, lets see some pics of that bad boy combo.
Thanks for the compliments on the forum, bunch of nice people here. Glad you chose to come back for a visit, and let us know how things are going.
 
Glad you finally got a bike. I know it was been a through examination process so congrats and photos please.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I have the 13, got it a year ago. Looked carefully at the 14, but decided that the upgrade, to the deluxe model, was not worth the money. On top of that, except for the lack of ABS, the extra muffler, while adding a bit of symetry, will make chain cleaning and oiling a bit more difficult; the extra gear does not change much in the rpm at speeds of about 60, which is as fast as I generally ride, and the silver engine, while more classic looking, does not look as good as the blacked out engine with the silver covered stator and clutch cover. Plus the blacked out wheels are easier to keep clean.
Tortuga_imp said:
tomas_imp said:
My Dealer called me the other day and said, if I didn't want to wait any longer for the DLX he would give me a great deal on the 2013 Standard. So I weight my options, and bought the 2013. :celebrate: The reason
I choose the 13 was for, and no specific order,

1) ABS would have been nice, but never had it, so won't miss it.
2) Liked the 4 into 2 exhaust a lot, but after looking at the 4 into 1 exhaust, it is a work of art. When the time comes to adjust and oil the chain, it will make that job a lot easier.
3) I still like the silver engine & wheels better, but I can live with the black.
4) The 6 speed transmission doesn't matter to me. I like the engine to rev more, and I don't ride on the interstate highways anyway.
5) I prefer the looks of the smaller gas tank, and touring isn't my thing. So the extra fuel in the larger tank doesn't matter.
6) I like the seat and the side covers on the DLX, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
7) The 13 is 30lbs lighter, I like that. ( maybe it's faster too!)
8) I payed $8,600.00 OTD for the 13. That 3,100.00 less then the DLX.

I'm happy with my purchase, and can't wait to put some miles on it. The bike looks sweet, and will report back on the ride. :biker:
I hear the 13's are the best they ever made, before all the cost cutting started at the factory. :beerchug:
I hear the 13's are the best they ever made, before all the cost cutting started at the factory. :beer:
 
fkhnbk_imp said:
I have the 13, got it a year ago. Looked carefully at the 14, but decided that the upgrade, to the deluxe model, was not worth the money. On top of that, except for the lack of ABS, the extra muffler, while adding a bit of symetry, will make chain cleaning and oiling a bit more difficult; the extra gear does not change much in the rpm at speeds of about 60, which is as fast as I generally ride, and the silver engine, while more classic looking, does not look as good as the blacked out engine with the silver covered stator and clutch cover. Plus the blacked out wheels are easier to keep clean.
Tortuga_imp said:
tomas_imp said:
My Dealer called me the other day and said, if I didn't want to wait any longer for the DLX he would give me a great deal on the 2013 Standard. So I weight my options, and bought the 2013. :celebrate: The reason
I choose the 13 was for, and no specific order,

1) ABS would have been nice, but never had it, so won't miss it.
2) Liked the 4 into 2 exhaust a lot, but after looking at the 4 into 1 exhaust, it is a work of art. When the time comes to adjust and oil the chain, it will make that job a lot easier.
3) I still like the silver engine & wheels better, but I can live with the black.
4) The 6 speed transmission doesn't matter to me. I like the engine to rev more, and I don't ride on the interstate highways anyway.
5) I prefer the looks of the smaller gas tank, and touring isn't my thing. So the extra fuel in the larger tank doesn't matter.
6) I like the seat and the side covers on the DLX, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
7) The 13 is 30lbs lighter, I like that. ( maybe it's faster too!)
8) I payed $8,600.00 OTD for the 13. That 3,100.00 less then the DLX.

I'm happy with my purchase, and can't wait to put some miles on it. The bike looks sweet, and will report back on the ride. :biker:
I hear the 13's are the best they ever made, before all the cost cutting started at the factory. :beerchug:
I hear the 13's are the best they ever made, before all the cost cutting started at the factory. :beer:
Good on you fkhnpk. There's nothing wrong with the 13, or the 11 or 10 for that matter.

Welcome to the forum.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats Tomas.:thumbsup: You really can't go wrong with either year or model. they are both stunning and superb motorcycles.

and you are right about the ease of lubing and adjusting the chain with no pipe in the way. makes it so much easier

and saving money is always a good thing
Well, you guys probably won't think this is too cool: Yesterday I bought a new 2013 Honda Shadow Aero.

1. Fenders match my sidecar almost exactly, so does the chrome.
2. I love sport bikes, especially the CB but cruisers fit sidecars better anyway.
3. It's already black. NO painting.
4. Liquid-cooled. Low maintenance. No valve adjustment. (of course all Hondas are reliable)
5. Reliable shaft drive. No chain, no lube.
6. 750 smaller but plenty big enough for sidecar riding.
7. The DLX would cost about $12,000 with black paint.
8. 2014 Shadow Aero on sale for $6,799.
9. Yesterday I bought a NEW 2013 Shadow Aero for $5,999!!!
At 1/2 the price of a painted DLX, I couldn't resist.
I usually have 2 or 3 bikes anyway and recently bought a 2014 Indian Chief too. So, I may end up with a CB yet. Maybe a good low-mileage 2013 CB1100!


BTW, Now that I have a Shadow, I'm hanging out on the Shadow and Indian forums too. THIS is the best of all forums. And I've been on 5 motorcycle forums!
CB is a cruiser. :P
 
Back
Top