Got the Standard, passed on the DLX

tomas_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My Dealer called me the other day and said, if I didn't want to wait any longer for the DLX he would give me a great deal on the 2013 Standard. So I weight my options, and bought the 2013. :celebrate: The reason
I choose the 13 was for, and no specific order,

1) ABS would have been nice, but never had it, so won't miss it.
2) Liked the 4 into 2 exhaust a lot, but after looking at the 4 into 1 exhaust, it is a work of art. When the time comes to adjust and oil the chain, it will make that job a lot easier.
3) I still like the silver engine & wheels better, but I can live with the black.
4) The 6 speed transmission doesn't matter to me. I like the engine to rev more, and I don't ride on the interstate highways anyway.
5) I prefer the looks of the smaller gas tank, and touring isn't my thing. So the extra fuel in the larger tank doesn't matter.
6) I like the seat and the side covers on the DLX, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
7) The 13 is 30lbs lighter, I like that. ( maybe it's faster too!)
8) I payed $8,600.00 OTD for the 13. That 3,100.00 less then the DLX.

I'm happy with my purchase, and can't wait to put some miles on it. The bike looks sweet, and will report back on the ride. :biker:
 
Congrats Tomas.:thumbsup: You really can't go wrong with either year or model. they are both stunning and superb motorcycles.

and you are right about the ease of lubing and adjusting the chain with no pipe in the way. makes it so much easier

and saving money is always a good thing
 
tomas_imp said:
My Dealer called me the other day and said, if I didn't want to wait any longer for the DLX he would give me a great deal on the 2013 Standard. So I weight my options, and bought the 2013. :celebrate: The reason
I choose the 13 was for, and no specific order,

1) ABS would have been nice, but never had it, so won't miss it.
2) Liked the 4 into 2 exhaust a lot, but after looking at the 4 into 1 exhaust, it is a work of art. When the time comes to adjust and oil the chain, it will make that job a lot easier.
3) I still like the silver engine & wheels better, but I can live with the black.
4) The 6 speed transmission doesn't matter to me. I like the engine to rev more, and I don't ride on the interstate highways anyway.
5) I prefer the looks of the smaller gas tank, and touring isn't my thing. So the extra fuel in the larger tank doesn't matter.
6) I like the seat and the side covers on the DLX, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
7) The 13 is 30lbs lighter, I like that. ( maybe it's faster too!)
8) I payed $8,600.00 OTD for the 13. That 3,100.00 less then the DLX.

I'm happy with my purchase, and can't wait to put some miles on it. The bike looks sweet, and will report back on the ride. :biker:
I hear the 13's are the best they ever made, before all the cost cutting started at the factory. :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone,

I can't see not being happy with this bike. Will post pictures and a ride report soon. Yes, and I do need to change my site name. I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
 
tomas_imp said:
Thanks everyone,

I can't see not being happy with this bike. Will post pictures and a ride report soon. Yes, and I do need to change my site name. I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
I think you click on UserCP to edit user name, password, signature etc
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
tomas_imp said:
Thanks everyone,

I can't see not being happy with this bike. Will post pictures and a ride report soon. Yes, and I do need to change my site name. I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
I think you click on UserCP to edit user name, password, signature etc
I think you click on UserCP to edit user name, password, signature etc
I did look under the CP, but I can't find anything there for changing the Site Name. Thanks for helping ferret, I keep trying.
 
That's an excellent deal, tomas! If I wasn't reasonably sure this bike was going to be with me until I stopped riding, I would have gone for a 2013 as well. They're a super buy right now!
 
tomas_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
tomas_imp said:
Thanks everyone,

I can't see not being happy with this bike. Will post pictures and a ride report soon. Yes, and I do need to change my site name. I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
I think you click on UserCP to edit user name, password, signature etc
I think you click on UserCP to edit user name, password, signature etc
I did look under the CP, but I can't find anything there for changing the Site Name. Thanks for helping ferret, I keep trying.
I think you click on UserCP to edit user name, password, signature etc
I did look under the CP, but I can't find anything there for changing the Site Name. Thanks for helping ferret, I keep trying.

Usually only the bosses can do that.
 
hmmm under edit profile the first one should be edit user name. if yours doesn't have that pm me with what you want your user name to be and Ill see if I can get it done for you
 
The ferret_imp said:
hmmm under edit profile the first one should be edit user name. if yours doesn't have that pm me with what you want your user name to be and Ill see if I can get it done for you
I couldn't find that either. Maybe admins can edit their user names....

Have you considered changing yours to "The DLX Ferret" or "Ferret DLX? :D
 
does your guys User CP not look like this? (Look at your profile section)


I looked around under Tomas log in and couldn't find this page so it must be controlled by the user. If yours doesn't look like this Tomas will have to PM Guth to get it changed I guess
 
Nope, does not have Change Username choice.
Ferret, you should make up a new test account here with normal privileges so you can see what others see, we do it in IT all the time.
 
hmmm interesting...

ok, send Guth a pm I guess. all this computer stuff confuses this ol guy.
 
Back
Top