Got my seat lowered

Thread starter
Rhinosaurus_imp said:
Would you mind sharing how much $ this set you back? I too am vertically challenged and might even consider sending my seat across the country to know that it was done right.

Thanks,
BodyCraft charged me $100 to shave my seat, which seemed fair enough to me.

Hondadawg1_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen! Blockhead/Cormanus, the stock seat was already a coffin to me, and having it shaved down didn't seem to make it any harder/less comfortable. I've been waiting what seems like forever for the stock seat to wear in but it never has so I'm glad I finally bit the bullet!

I am REALLY enjoying feeling more planted in the seat though, I feel like I've been riding faster since then haha
I got the same "planted" feeling when I swapped over to the Daytona Cafe seat. It gives a you a more solid, confident feel.
I bet! I'm so happy to finally have that feeling, I no longer feel like I'm going to fly off!
 
Put a hundred miles on Spencer's seat mod .. Excellent results and job quality for the money ..firmer than stock but not Corbin firm ..thanks for the recommendation folks ..
 
i'm not bothered by seat height, but wonder if shaving would allow for more/thicker foam in the same seat. I also think narrower would be more comfortable for me, at least at a stop.
 
Call Frank Spencer up .. he gave me some excellent input after looking at photos of me sitting on the bike .. His website says he can lower but not raise the seat height ..
 
I'm sure Frank Spencer is good, based on what I've read here, but I went a different route.

There's a local guy in Pittsburgh near me who does this kind of work. He lowered my seat about an inch and narrowed it a bit too. He also added a 'tailbone relief' gel pad that really did the trick for me. My stock seat is now very comfortable and it's much easier to flat foot the bike now with my 30 inch inseam. It was $100 well spent.

The name of the company is 'Wicked Stitches'. Look him up if interested...
 
thanks all! Frank in Florida and I'm in Ga. so may go that route. looks like Frank uses some pretty awesome fighter jet tech too...
 
Back
Top