Got my seat lowered

c-breezy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Being 5'7", the stock seat height on my 2014 Standard meant that I can't flat foot it with both feet when at a stop. Cormanus suggested I get the seat shaved by a local shop, which I did!

A comparison of stock vs shaved:

A few more angles of the shaved seat:

f7950a565c86ddbdf8b1783ea90d0010.jpg


Pretty happy so far! I can flat foot it now wearing boots, but not when wearing Chucks (which I shouldn't be wearing anyway). It also allows me to go full throttle without feeling like I'm going to fly off the seat so that's another plus!

If anyone needs a recommendation in the Orange County, CA area, let me know!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wow! That came out nice and looks good too! I like it.
 
Looks very similar to the factory Japanese or low seat. They did a good job it appears. Glad it worked out for you
 
the black ones look nice! agree with the ferret that the local shop did a fantastic job on trimming the seat, looks factory.
 
C-breezy your bike looks really nice. I'm curious to know if you find the seat more or less comfortable after the change. I would consider doing the same to mine.
 
That worked out well c-breezy. I wonder if it will still be hard as after an hour or so! :D
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen! Blockhead/Cormanus, the stock seat was already a coffin to me, and having it shaved down didn't seem to make it any harder/less comfortable. I've been waiting what seems like forever for the stock seat to wear in but it never has so I'm glad I finally bit the bullet!

I am REALLY enjoying feeling more planted in the seat though, I feel like I've been riding faster since then haha
 
"...stock seat was already a coffin to me..."

Still loving my Airhawk :)
 
Sometimes, just one less inch of seat height makes all the difference in the "feel" of a bike.

We had a touring bike that I absolutely dreaded riding - because it was simply too tall. Sent the seat off to a place on the east coast and they somehow managed to lower it two inches and make it more comfortable at the same time. NOW that bike is one of my favorites !

That seat mod looks really nice and glad it worked out for you.
 
Kballowe... Was it GreatDayToRide.com in Florida. Frank does a great job of shaving them down and then replacing the foam with a different foam for a great price. He did the seats on my ST1300.
 
Would you mind sharing how much $ this set you back? I too am vertically challenged and might even consider sending my seat across the country to know that it was done right.

Thanks,
 
Rhino look up Frank @ GreatDaytoRide.com he is just south of you in Fla and does a great job. He even has a CB1100 he did for a customer in his pics. something like 2 day service and very reasonably priced.

GreatDayToRide.com has the largest selection of motorcycle equipment and parts including Accessories, Helmets, motorcycle Gear, Air and Fuel, 4-Wheel, Gloves, motorcycle Exhaust Pipes, Tops, Brakes, motorcycle Handlebars, motorcycle Seats, Footwear, Pants, motorcycle Windshields, Cables, motorcycle Wheels
 
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks for the lead... this guy may be the perfect route for me.
 
c-breezy_imp said:
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen! Blockhead/Cormanus, the stock seat was already a coffin to me, and having it shaved down didn't seem to make it any harder/less comfortable. I've been waiting what seems like forever for the stock seat to wear in but it never has so I'm glad I finally bit the bullet!

I am REALLY enjoying feeling more planted in the seat though, I feel like I've been riding faster since then haha
I got the same "planted" feeling when I swapped over to the Daytona Cafe seat. It gives a you a more solid, confident feel.
 
Back
Top