Got my Honda Rack Removed and Question

postoak_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So, the parts I've been waiting for came in this afternoon and I went out and finished up that project.

To my surprise, the 4 bolts that hold the garnishes on, stick out from the garnishes. I guess they're meant to function as tie-downs.

The question is, on the rack I took off, they didn't stick out from the rack. Just the hex heads were visible. Is this the way the hardware is for the racks?

I'm about to put the rack up for sale and want to be able to explain about any differences in hardware -- if there are any.
 
Normal. They are bungie hooks. As you saw, you lose the bungie hook bolts when you install the rack and get the hex head flush bolts. The bungie hook bolts are IMHO elegant and I wish they could be used with the rack.
 
I agree.
______________________

If you come to some forks in the road, there's been an off.
 
They are tie-down spots. I used them all the time (until I added a rack).

They're pretty indestructible, so I wouldn't worry about using bungee cords on them.... BUT....I don't use bungees on my bike much at all anymore because of <drumroll> ROK Straps!! ROK Straps Possibly the greatest example of product improvement in the last century. OK, so I exaggerate, but not by much. Buy these. They are awesome.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread....
 
Thats it! Looks good doesn't it? :)
 
Thread starter
Yeah. Now I'm just waiting for the parts the first owner removed from under the seat. The bike will be stock then except for the GPS charger plug he installed.
 
Back
Top