Got my first rock chip!

degenex_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Well, like the title says, I got my first rock chip. Just over 6 weeks at 1900ish miles. Got it on the commute to or from work, knew it was coming since I drive on the interstate so much. Now my bike has personal character I guess.
3 pics in this series, note all the bugs!

 
degenex_imp said:
Well, like the title says, I got my first rock chip. Just over 6 weeks at 1900ish miles. Got it on the commute to or from work, knew it was coming since I drive on the interstate so much. Now my bike has personal character I guess.
3 pics in this series, note all the bugs!


Oh man, what are the odds??!!
 
Bummer. I'm sure it will happen to us all sooner or later.

Have you looked into touch-up paint from Honda?
 
I wouldn't be driving around with both keys AND YOUR KEY CODE!!! If you happen to loose them....you're
ad54dd8f268d13ddbde5fbe2508c76c5.jpg
D!
 
Thread starter
I didn't hear it hit, but its all the way down past the paint. I am planning some of the clear stuff on the tank front as well as just in front of the seat, maybe I'll get a black tank....wonder what that would cost. Also, those are the spare keys to both bikes, I keep them in the garage to move the bikes in and such, I don't drive around like that lol.
 



Ryan put the Expel film on today, only in the knee grooves and at the rear of the tank. Can't do the whole thing due to the curvature. He did a great job, cant even tell.
 
Thread starter
The 500F is a great bike. My wife loves it. Its very light and responsive. It is WAY slower than the 1100. For a first timer (like my gal) she thought it was very fast compared to her civic, lol. Due to the 180 crank and uneven firing it feels much more powerful at low throttle angle than it truly is. When you string it out it sounds really cool, like a Suburu or something. You can throw it around like crazy in a cloverleaf, very super-sport like, without the discomfort of clip ons. It is smoother than the 1100 too, doesn't have the 4k rpm vibration (since it isn't a I-4). For a first timer or if you don't crave speed (yeah right) I would highly recommend it. To be honest she says it don't feel fast anymore. The only complaint I have is the oil level sight glass is seeping a little, I plan to take it to the Honda house, but cannot pry her off of it long enough. Oh yeah I almost forgot, every time I ride it I feel like I'm shifting ALL the time, very close gearing (6 speed).
Hers is number 19 too, I thought that was cool. We bought the first CB1100 and the first CB500F from Shawnee Honda in Oklahoma! My 1100 is number 1379
 
Cool, thanks for the comments!
I am a bit of a slowpoke, so I don't exactly "crave speed," but I think I'm probably happier with the 11 anyway :)

However, I did take an MSF course as a refresher while waiting to get my bike back, and I rode on their little Yamaha TW200. Surprisingly, after that I kind of want to get one of those little suckers as a secondary bike to throw around the hills.. You know, that thing that so many people say about it being more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow, or whatever.
 
Back
Top