Got a New Toy

Thread starter
We've had a very mild winter in western Pa so yes, I've been riding some. I did have to clean the carb and replace the valves on the bike so that cut into my riding time the last couple weeks.

I'm the third owner of the bike and it was totally neglected maintenance-wise by previous owners. Oil, chain, tires, valves, brake fluid had all never been touched...ugh. But, I got the bike for $2000, only had 4400 miles on it so I'm happy.
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
Been tempted, but my toy will, ideally, have EFI. One carb bike is enough for me.
I get it, believe me! I've already learned way more about the innards of this bike than I thought I would.
 
Blockhead_imp said:
We've had a very mild winter in western Pa so yes, I've been riding some. I did have to clean the carb and replace the valves on the bike so that cut into my riding time the last couple weeks.

I'm the third owner of the bike and it was totally neglected maintenance-wise by previous owners. Oil, chain, tires, valves, brake fluid had all never been touched...ugh. But, I got the bike for $2000, only had 4400 miles on it so I'm happy.
You bought well. That bike would go for about $3500 around here. I'd pay $2000 for it too.
 
In the back of a Tacoma, no less.

Glad you are happy, I have two of them. There is nothing like riding one, it's such a mellow experience.
 
Congrats!
I loved the idea of this bike when I first saw them about 2 years ago (not sure how I missed it for the previous 10-12 years, however). Went down to the dealer immediately to check it out. Loved the beefy looking tires. Then threw a leg over it, and found that my knees were competing for space with my chin - yet another fail for those of us long in the inseam area.
I realize that the pegs are higher than what I'm used to due to its "dual-sport" nature so that you can stand on the pegs, but I just felt like I was on a pocket bike sitting down. Bummer.
Glad it works for you, and I'll just have to sit here in envy as you enjoy something that just won't work for me! :D
 
I picked one one just like yours for my daughter but I rode it a lot more than she did. What a hoot on rough trails and in the sand.
 
DaSwami_imp said:
In the back of a Tacoma, no less.

Glad you are happy, I have two of them. There is nothing like riding one, it's such a mellow experience.
How did you know it was a Tacoma?
Here is a pic of my Taco

93bdf7f728171eade5435dee09a87bbe.jpeg
 
Ole_imp said:
DaSwami_imp said:
In the back of a Tacoma, no less.

Glad you are happy, I have two of them. There is nothing like riding one, it's such a mellow experience.
How did you know it was a Tacoma?
Here is a pic of my Taco

93bdf7f728171eade5435dee09a87bbe.jpeg
How did you know it was a Tacoma?
Here is a pic of my Taco

b0280a3721214026461d773eff4dd2af.jpeg

LOL I'd recognize those lines anywhere...

Yours is my kinda ride, 2.7l 4 cyl no doubt. Manual or Auto?
 
Thread starter
DaSwami, I was impressed that you picked up on mine too. I have a 2015 double cab with 124,000 miles (not a typo) and it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Very easy to do my own maintenance on etc...
 
That's a lot better of miles, Blockhead! When do you get time to ride?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
That's a lot better of miles, Blockhead! When do you get time to ride?
Yes it is Cormanus...I struggle to find riding time but I'm hoping it gets better as Spring approaches. FYI I'm in the dairy industry (sales) and rack up the miles quickly in the Toyota but I love being on the road.
 
I was on the road sales for 24 years, 1000 miles a week. In the beginning I loved being out of the office, windows down on pretty days. Stopping where and when I wanted for lunch. Listening to the music I liked. Not being tied to a clock. By the end I was so burnt out on all the driving, and traffic jams. One of the reasons I retired early. Also the reason I always drove Honda cars.
 
Being on the road has its limitations as a form of entertainment. Fun for a bit then plain hard work.
 
Blockhead_imp said:
DaSwami, I was impressed that you picked up on mine too. I have a 2015 double cab with 124,000 miles (not a typo) and it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Very easy to do my own maintenance on etc...
The Tacoma and the T-Dub are a great combo. That 4.0L V6 motor in the Taco is a beast.

Drove Toyotas from way back, sold my collection of 1984 and 1985 trucks & 4 runner before I moved to Florida. Currently leasing a 2015 Access Cab 4x4 2.7L w/ manual, not sure if I am gonna keep it or try a 2017 of the same model. But we've always had great luck with the Toys!!
 
Back
Top