Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This was my first thought, however my adjusters are already all the way back stock. I would have to remove a link and then use a new master link. I really do not want to break the stock chain.4 Paws_imp said:dropping teeth on rear easier fit.
Thank you for the info. I was thinking 2500 rpm at 70mph would be perfect.m in sc_imp said:.. why? the motor is basically optimized efficiency wise at around 3-3500.
PowerDubs_imp said:It is my understanding that peak fuel economy coincide with peak tq when tuned correctly- not taking into account wind drag which would increase load.
Like all my understandings- I could be wrong.
Thank you for the info. I was thinking 2500 rpm at 70mph would be perfect.DBM_imp said:Thank you for the info. I was thinking 2500 rpm at 70mph would be perfect.m in sc_imp said:.. why? the motor is basically optimized efficiency wise at around 3-3500.
on a dyno, yes. but you are leaving out a LOT of variables as you alluded to. theory is great as a starting point.... but practical tests are where the truth lies.m in sc_imp said:^ this exactly
Quote:It is my understanding that peak fuel economy coincide with peak tq when tuned correctly- not taking into account wind drag which would increase load.
Like all my understandings- I could be wrong.
on a dyno, yes. but you are leaving out a LOT of variables as you alluded to. theory is great as a starting point.... but practical tests are where the truth lies.
My bike is a new 2014 leftover with less than 1000 miles. Chain tension is perfect but the adjusters are almost all the way back. I was wondering if this was the normal stock set up?PowerDubs_imp said:It will pull fine at 2500rpm cruising.
Want to go faster- down shift.
But to get there you will be giving up a good amount of grunt around town. You better like cruising at 70mph low throttle for long miles, quite often.
How are you adjusters all the way back stock? Chain worn out? How many miles on the bike?
My bike is a new 2014 leftover with less than 1000 miles. Chain tension is perfect but the adjusters are almost all the way back. I was wondering if this was the normal stock set up?DBM_imp said:My bike is a new 2014 leftover with less than 1000 miles. Chain tension is perfect but the adjusters are almost all the way back. I was wondering if this was the normal stock set up?PowerDubs_imp said:It will pull fine at 2500rpm cruising.
Want to go faster- down shift.
But to get there you will be giving up a good amount of grunt around town. You better like cruising at 70mph low throttle for long miles, quite often.
How are you adjusters all the way back stock? Chain worn out? How many miles on the bike?
The adjusters on the CB1100 work differently than any other chain drive bike I've owned. When I first looked at my CB I also thought the adjusters were all the way out.DBM_imp said:My bike is a new 2014 leftover with less than 1000 miles. Chain tension is perfect but the adjusters are almost all the way back. I was wondering if this was the normal stock set up?PowerDubs_imp said:It will pull fine at 2500rpm cruising.
Want to go faster- down shift.
But to get there you will be giving up a good amount of grunt around town. You better like cruising at 70mph low throttle for long miles, quite often.
How are you adjusters all the way back stock? Chain worn out? How many miles on the bike?