glass

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hello dedicated polishers of the CB1100, has anyone figured out by chance (or some sorrow research) how to remove scratches from the glass covering the spedo or rpm gauge ?

I know it ain't glass, guess it is some sort of acryl, so there might be a way to polish gashes out, without creating foggy blind spots.
 
j3gq_imp said:
Hello dedicated polishers of the CB1100, has anyone figured out by chance (or some sorrow research) how to remove scratches from the glass covering the spedo or rpm gauge ?

I know it ain't glass, guess it is some sort of acryl, so there might be a way to polish gashes out, without creating foggy blind spots.
Use "Plexus"?
 
Once you get it polished- you can buy CB1100 specific screen protectors similar to cell phones on Ebay cheap to keep it from scratching / swirling again in the future.

I have it on mine and it works well.
 
j3gq - After you mildly polish out the micro scratches (assuming no deep gouges), stop wiping the gauges! If you need to, use a micro fiber cloth and just water. No hard rubbing. You don't need any screen protectors. They were marketed to take advantage of the consumer.
 
Thread starter
GO, unfortunately my scratches are some serious gashes, don't know what I did and when ... but micro fiber won't rock ...
And today Honda called for the price of a new cover. One can only buy one piece which covers left and right side and all in between. It's brings you down by 250 Euros plus installation (of an estimated 0.7 hours in the shop) - gulp !
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
I think installation is DIY?
I think so too, or rather hope so .... but when thinking about the zillion plastic latches I broke in the last years in "apparently" simple DIY repairs of Chinese consumer items ...
 
There is a thread as to how to do it , almost step by step...
But before doing it , first take a look at the new one and clip locations
 
j3gq_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
I think installation is DIY?
I think so too, or rather hope so .... but when thinking about the zillion plastic latches I broke in the last years in "apparently" simple DIY repairs of Chinese consumer items ...
I think so too, or rather hope so .... but when thinking about the zillion plastic latches I broke in the last years in "apparently" simple DIY repairs of Chinese consumer items ...
Good luck; hopefully you'll find the way.

Share intermediate procedure pics!
 
I just used automotive scratch remover on mine, followed by plastic polish (meguire’s in my case). Then several coatings of ceramic spray polish. Clear and scratch free now.

I did put a screen protector on my other Honda’s flat digital dash. Very scratch-prone, and I was able to get one that is anti-glare. Something to think about if you have trouble seeing your gauges in bright Sun.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I just used automotive scratch remover on mine, followed by plastic polish (meguire’s in my case). Then several coatings of ceramic spray polish. Clear and scratch free now.

I did put a screen protector on my other Honda’s flat digital dash. Very scratch-prone, and I was able to get one that is anti-glare. Something to think about if you have trouble seeing your gauges in bright Sun.
Is the anti-glare film polarized eyeglass-friendly?
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
I just used automotive scratch remover on mine, followed by plastic polish (meguire’s in my case). Then several coatings of ceramic spray polish. Clear and scratch free now.

I did put a screen protector on my other Honda’s flat digital dash. Very scratch-prone, and I was able to get one that is anti-glare. Something to think about if you have trouble seeing your gauges in bright Sun.
@Gone, first thanks for your input, this is what I've looking for. When you say scratch revover, I suppose you mean the sort of scratch remover used on body paint - correct ? Not a special product for "glass". Could you please confirm, and if so, could you add what product you used ? Whether sth works on not has many reasons, the slightly different chemistry of two similar products could make a difference.
Next, I watched a movie the other day called "Gone Girl". Would you, Gone, please let me know if that's to your liking ?
 
Back
Top