givi tanklock tankbag?

I couldn't think of a way to attach the locking ring to the tank of the CB. The base plate for these systems needs a flat tank ring with the screws exposed.

They are very practical but I think not passible on the CB.
fruno
 
Cant do it on our bike with flip open raised gas cap. Cant even put a magnetic one over it. No kit that i know of to change it either.
 
Thread starter
fruno_imp said:
I couldn't think of a way to attach the locking ring to the tank of the CB. The base plate for these systems needs a flat tank ring with the screws exposed.

They are very practical but I think not passible on the CB.
fruno
thanks for the info.
crutch
uscgmac_imp said:
Cant do it on our bike with flip open raised gas cap. Cant even put a magnetic one over it. No kit that i know of to change it either.
I can understand the givi mount system not working on the gas opening, but why no magnetic bags? Surely it's not a plastic tank? Excuse my ignorance, but I just purchased my bike last friday and haven't picked it up yet while the install crash bars, tail rack and 12v acc. charger.
thanks crutch
 
It's a steel tank and I run a magnetic tank bag with no problems. I think the only problem would be that our gas cap sticks up so much that it can't fit smoothly over top (mine sits underneath the cap and straddles it with the top anchors)
 
I had an Ion tank bag quick connect system installed on the rear luggage rack of my NC700. If you put a rack on your CB you could do the same.

 
You can use a tank bag but it has to go close to the seat. It doesn't sit right if you try putting it over the gas cap which is raised fairly high. Plus the way the tank is shaped.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Magnetic tank bag that is.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
On Givi's website, when you select the CB1100, they display the following image:

bd0d51691274ec629de3603af8ca0589.jpg


That would suggest that they indeed have a tankbag with a tanklock fitting (since there appear to be no magnetic flaps). However they only list the rear rack and a smart bar as products available for the bike. (Note that the picture also has a screen, but it is also not listed - perhaps they were discontinued?)
 
If you look at that pic closely the tank bag is held on with mounting straps, not by the locking system and it is raised where the gas cap is. Yes you can stick whatever you want on your bike and it may work but its not very good looking imo.
That givi tank bag may have a magnetic lock mount which sticks to tank by magnet on the lower portion of the bag then crosses over the cap and has a strap at top of tank so you can release and lift to fill up. At least thats what i can see from the pic but it doesnt lock to a ring around the gas cap like other applications.
That givi tank bag may have a magnetic lock mount which sticks to tank by magnet on the lower portion of the bag then crosses over the cap and has a strap at top of tank so you can release and lift to fill up. At, east thats what i can see from the pic but it doesnt lock to a ring around the gas cap like other applications.
 
Hi all!
Old post but as new 2017 versions have a flat cap, anybody knows what tanklock adapter may fit?
Some other Honda's may utilise same cap I guess
THX
 
Hi all, sharing my experience with Givi tanklock systems for CB's 2017 models

BF25, originally designed to work on Honda AT fit almost perfectly - "horseshoe" have different orientation on HAT ( 90 degree CCW ) so if you want to install it , 3 small plastic triangle pitch need to be removed from tanklock module, simply task with sharp knife.

Interesting is that tanklock added to the set BF25 is higher than standard tanklock delivered with tankbag - so you have a choice, I give a try with lower one. Bolts and bushes in set fit perfectly.

7dc1d5f8f65c777176efcd1d88d2064d.jpg


bfc740685011c7bcb9d8b2dc4acc1de3.jpg


2e6d9636a24ac19a2cc14891701a0466.jpg


not bad look even on red tank, right ?

Model of tankbag i choose is XS307, before it will fit, the tanklock base have to be shift fully forward - another easy task with philips , what more is "fully legal" :-) as system is designed that way.

So...finally on the bike

9342bfd3bfaec64408b71a3eaa0620a0.jpg


e18f2306ca20646cd1dba56cd063ab8b.jpg


2bfe92e89e4ba527176feda4e9f541cb.jpg


1099877836d093d149fecde370e3e9ff.jpg


as you may find out, tankbag fits perfectly and "hoovering" above the tank - low/standard tanklock ring do the job for me

But..check this out, BF20 may do the job as well
GIVI : BF20 Tanklock Attachment [For Honda] [92600]


AVE!
 
easy_imp said:
Hi all!
Old post but as new 2017 versions have a flat cap, anybody knows what tanklock adapter may fit?
Some other Honda's may utilise same cap I guess
THX
The smallest adapter will fit. I'm using XS307 15L.
2 little stuff you need to mod:
1. the accessories (spacers and 4mm botls) wont fit the cap, need to get different spacers and 3.5cm x 4mm bolts
2. The base of the bag is adjustable, need to move all the way back so you can make full turn left and not hitting the bag on the side (horn button)
Ban_imp said:
I think magnetic tank bag is better but not sure it is firm at high speed or not.
magnetic bag is not working with 2017 as the tank is full aluminium.
 
Did you experience the horn button touching the side of Givi back at left full lock?

easy_imp said:
Hi all, sharing my experience with Givi tanklock systems for CB's 2017 models

BF25, originally designed to work on Honda AT fit almost perfectly - "horseshoe" have different orientation on HAT ( 90 degree CCW ) so if you want to install it , 3 small plastic triangle pitch need to be removed from tanklock module, simply task with sharp knife.

Interesting is that tanklock added to the set BF25 is higher than standard tanklock delivered with tankbag - so you have a choice, I give a try with lower one. Bolts and bushes in set fit perfectly.

7dc1d5f8f65c777176efcd1d88d2064d.jpg


bfc740685011c7bcb9d8b2dc4acc1de3.jpg


2e6d9636a24ac19a2cc14891701a0466.jpg


not bad look even on red tank, right ?

Model of tankbag i choose is XS307, before it will fit, the tanklock base have to be shift fully forward - another easy task with philips , what more is "fully legal" :-) as system is designed that way.

So...finally on the bike

9342bfd3bfaec64408b71a3eaa0620a0.jpg


e18f2306ca20646cd1dba56cd063ab8b.jpg


2bfe92e89e4ba527176feda4e9f541cb.jpg


1099877836d093d149fecde370e3e9ff.jpg


as you may find out, tankbag fits perfectly and "hoovering" above the tank - low/standard tanklock ring do the job for me

But..check this out, BF20 may do the job as well
GIVI : BF20 Tanklock Attachment [For Honda] [92600]


AVE!
 
I would never put anything on that beautiful tank. I have sidecases and a top box for storage. If I needed more I'd put a bag on the pillion or wear a back pack before obscuring the beauty of the CB. I understand people like tank bags for their most valuable stuff and things they need at the ready, and I could possibly do it on another bike, just not this one.
 
I have to agree. It's like a fat American walking around Paris with a fanny pack draped over his belly. Not a pleasant sight. But to each their own. Who am I to judge?
 
The most ugly add to this beauty will be me anyway :-)
Seriously speaking, ANYTHING added to RS is ruining its look, I fully agreed.
But...life is an art of compromise, isn't ?

Ave!
 
"Did you experience the horn button touching the side of Givi back at left full lock? "
Yep, it's the only issue I experienced so far. Happened on fully left turn only i.e. when park or making slow u-turn
 
itstuantran_imp said:
easy_imp said:
Hi all!
Old post but as new 2017 versions have a flat cap, anybody knows what tanklock adapter may fit?
Some other Honda's may utilise same cap I guess
THX
The smallest adapter will fit. I'm using XS307 15L.
2 little stuff you need to mod:
1. the accessories (spacers and 4mm botls) wont fit the cap, need to get different spacers and 3.5cm x 4mm bolts
2. The base of the bag is adjustable, need to move all the way back so you can make full turn left and not hitting the bag on the side (horn button)
Ban_imp said:
I think magnetic tank bag is better but not sure it is firm at high speed or not.
magnetic bag is not working with 2017 as the tank is full aluminium.
Mine is 2017RS, Givi magnetic bag really works.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I have to agree. It's like a fat American walking around Paris with a fanny pack draped over his belly. Not a pleasant sight. But to each their own. Who am I to judge?
:rofl:

speaking of....

473a5eff1183baf362fcde0268ce77ce.jpg


1d39069d1884f95728a013d464765ee1.jpg
 
Back
Top