crutch_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Has anyone tried the givi tanklock tankbag on their cb?
crutch
crutch
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
thanks for the info.fruno_imp said:I couldn't think of a way to attach the locking ring to the tank of the CB. The base plate for these systems needs a flat tank ring with the screws exposed.
They are very practical but I think not passible on the CB.
fruno
I can understand the givi mount system not working on the gas opening, but why no magnetic bags? Surely it's not a plastic tank? Excuse my ignorance, but I just purchased my bike last friday and haven't picked it up yet while the install crash bars, tail rack and 12v acc. charger.uscgmac_imp said:Cant do it on our bike with flip open raised gas cap. Cant even put a magnetic one over it. No kit that i know of to change it either.
as system is designed that way.
The smallest adapter will fit. I'm using XS307 15L.easy_imp said:Hi all!
Old post but as new 2017 versions have a flat cap, anybody knows what tanklock adapter may fit?
Some other Honda's may utilise same cap I guess
THX
magnetic bag is not working with 2017 as the tank is full aluminium.Ban_imp said:I think magnetic tank bag is better but not sure it is firm at high speed or not.
easy_imp said:Hi all, sharing my experience with Givi tanklock systems for CB's 2017 models
BF25, originally designed to work on Honda AT fit almost perfectly - "horseshoe" have different orientation on HAT ( 90 degree CCW ) so if you want to install it , 3 small plastic triangle pitch need to be removed from tanklock module, simply task with sharp knife.
Interesting is that tanklock added to the set BF25 is higher than standard tanklock delivered with tankbag - so you have a choice, I give a try with lower one. Bolts and bushes in set fit perfectly.
![]()
![]()
![]()
not bad look even on red tank, right ?
Model of tankbag i choose is XS307, before it will fit, the tanklock base have to be shift fully forward - another easy task with philips , what more is "fully legal"as system is designed that way.
So...finally on the bike
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
as you may find out, tankbag fits perfectly and "hoovering" above the tank - low/standard tanklock ring do the job for me
But..check this out, BF20 may do the job as well
GIVI : BF20 Tanklock Attachment [For Honda] [92600]
AVE!
Mine is 2017RS, Givi magnetic bag really works.itstuantran_imp said:The smallest adapter will fit. I'm using XS307 15L.easy_imp said:Hi all!
Old post but as new 2017 versions have a flat cap, anybody knows what tanklock adapter may fit?
Some other Honda's may utilise same cap I guess
THX
2 little stuff you need to mod:
1. the accessories (spacers and 4mm botls) wont fit the cap, need to get different spacers and 3.5cm x 4mm bolts
2. The base of the bag is adjustable, need to move all the way back so you can make full turn left and not hitting the bag on the side (horn button)
magnetic bag is not working with 2017 as the tank is full aluminium.Ban_imp said:I think magnetic tank bag is better but not sure it is firm at high speed or not.
:rofl:LongRanger_imp said:I have to agree. It's like a fat American walking around Paris with a fanny pack draped over his belly. Not a pleasant sight. But to each their own. Who am I to judge?