genuine 400 motorcycle

Wow- never heard of it, but going by the specs they are aiming for the throat!!

All I saw was that chart and a single picture of the bike and I have to say- GOOD JOB!
 
I bet that's a fun bike.

Strange how not even five years ago I was riding a 760 lb. Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 and was contemplating getting something even bigger (don't ask why, I have no idea).

Now days, the smaller the bike, the more I'm interested. Throwing around my TW200 with ease has taught me how much fun the smaller bikes can be.
 
It's going to be a dud...

One of the link sent me to an article about the sr400...

It made me shudder.. I owned 2.5 (.5 was a parts bike) sr500s.. I got rid of em as they were kick start bikes. There's a trick but they were finicky.

That said even when could get em started, they weren't great.. I liked em as they were basic small and fun, but I was also with folks with other singles.. They were great as a 3rd bike where others were on similar small displacement bikes. With any other type of bikes, it's not that fun.. it's got some classic styling, but other that the quick trip to the store, probably not so much..

As I understand it, the small displament wars are on.. Kawasaki has a parallel twin 400 coming (and the rumor is an naked version as well) for a few hundred more with far more support that what'd you get from this... yeah it won't have the styling, but you'll get more.

Ninja 400
 
I don't know about it being a dud. Genuine seems to be reasonably successful with its line of scooters here in Chicago. Picture the typical urban scooter rider walking into their Genuine dealer and seeing an approachable 400cc motorcycle there -- Something that they can flat-foot, that's as easy to park as his/her scooter, and that will look cool parked in front of the local tea (coffee is passe) shop. This person might never have thought about owning a motorcycle much less walking into a Harley or Honda dealer, and now they're saying "I can strap my yoga mat right across the back seat...."
 
This is the first I have heard about this scoot and will be checking it out. Wish an XS650 would be cloned and sold at a reasonable price.
 
Back
Top