I'm thinking about ordering/installing this gearbrake smart brake light module on my CB. Anyone here try it yet?
Motorcycle Engine Braking Brake Light Solutions Compared
Motorcycle Engine Braking Brake Light Solutions Compared
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I am just not much of a fan of gimmicks. Way back in the day, the technique was taught to flash your brake light 3-4 times to alert traffic. Ride with your high beam on during the day (some of these are very bright now but were not 30 years ago). Ride defensively and have your bike under control.MikeD_imp said:I'm thinking about ordering/installing this gearbrake smart brake light module on my CB. Anyone here try it yet?
Motorcycle Engine Braking Brake Light Solutions Compared
I depress the rear brake or pull in the brake lever just enough to activate the brake light if I am slowing in traffic. This is just a gimmick but I guess if someone cannot train themselves to do these things, a gimmick is cool.Ulvetanna_imp said:I am just not much of a fan of gimmicks. Way back in the day, the technique was taught to flash your brake light 3-4 times to alert traffic. Ride with your high beam on during the day (some of these are very bright now but were not 30 years ago). Ride defensively and have your bike under control.MikeD_imp said:I'm thinking about ordering/installing this gearbrake smart brake light module on my CB. Anyone here try it yet?
Motorcycle Engine Braking Brake Light Solutions Compared
Ferret, I can relate completely. I'm also sporting the super cool white helmet and high viz vest. I'm going to look for the posts on your flashing bulb. Since I also ride alone most of the time, I'm also unconcerned about bothering anyone who is behind me. If someone is annoyed with the flashing, then they've seen that I'm slowing, which is my primary concern.The ferret_imp said:Mike I can't talk expressly about gear brake but I recently installed a tail light bulb that flashes 3 times when the brake lever is squeezed or brake pedal depressed. The majority of the time I ride alone so I worry more about protecting myself from a cage driver from behind, than worrying about buddies behind me freaking at me tapping my brakes when dusting off a little speed for a corner. If it would bother any riding buddies, I suggest that they go ahead of me. Nobody at the rally complained that my flashing brake light was spooking them.
I also wear a gimmicky hi viz vest, and wear a decidedly uncool white helmet most of the time. Protecting myself is sort of a self imposed high priority.
I visited the website and read the comments that GearBrake users posted there. It's clear that setup is very important; the thing can be going off when you don't want it to, or not operate when you do, because it operates based on deceleration forces. That's where I got my info, and why I reached my own conclusions.MikeD_imp said:Ferret, I can relate completely. I'm also sporting the super cool white helmet and high viz vest. I'm going to look for the posts on your flashing bulb. Since I also ride alone most of the time, I'm also unconcerned about bothering anyone who is behind me. If someone is annoyed with the flashing, then they've seen that I'm slowing, which is my primary concern.The ferret_imp said:Mike I can't talk expressly about gear brake but I recently installed a tail light bulb that flashes 3 times when the brake lever is squeezed or brake pedal depressed. The majority of the time I ride alone so I worry more about protecting myself from a cage driver from behind, than worrying about buddies behind me freaking at me tapping my brakes when dusting off a little speed for a corner. If it would bother any riding buddies, I suggest that they go ahead of me. Nobody at the rally complained that my flashing brake light was spooking them.
I also wear a gimmicky hi viz vest, and wear a decidedly uncool white helmet most of the time. Protecting myself is sort of a self imposed high priority.
Gearbrake also makes a flashing module. I'm going to do some more research. If I end up ordering one, I'll put up a post with the details.
Cool LED-loaded license plate bolts can be had that shine on the plate to keep things legal if you need them.MikeD_imp said:Thanks, Ferret and Redbird.
It looks like I'm going to have to do a little more research. I am a little concerned about the license plate light being bright enough. Have you checked it out at night, yet?
The flasher module looks interesting. It would eliminate the need for the calibration that is required on the gearbrake, and it's less expensive. I may end up going that route.
Thanks again.