Gauging interest: An Official CB1100 Forum Calendar

They had the movie "Calendar Girls " so why not a movie "Calendar Boys " and we all be famous : like for instance "Famous Amos " and Bob is already a winner on the bike. Just a thought from a well meaning CB 1100 owner.
 
And if the topless rider is properly hairy-chested? Still no interest?

As fast as the idea goes, I'm in. Still don't understand a 100% what we are doing, but I'll support the effort any way I can

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
What a good idea. I'd like to put my name down for one. Personally, I think one good quality image per page would have a more professional feel to it, but others may disagree.
 
I would like to be in on this. Especially if it has our bikes. It seems you are going to need to place more than one bike per month. Hope the pixs do not get too small.
 
Thread starter
Thanks everybody for showing support. I'll take this opportunity to answer a few questions so that everybody has a stronger idea of what's being created.

The calendar pages will each feature one bike from one forum user. The page itself may be composed of 1, 2 or even 3 pictures of that bike, depending on the artistic value of the shots provided. I'm going to make judgment calls on how best to arrange the pages to express the owners pride in his bike. If your bike is getting a page youll get to see the arrangement beforehand.

The above circumstance will mean that not all submissions will end up in the Calendar, unless I can wiggle in a back page collage for all honorable mentions.

Im going to make another post soon outlining what kinds of images I'd like to see submitted, and were going to have about a 1 or 2 week period where submissions are being accepted. Gotta stay on schedule to get the thing printed in time.

A lot of you are offering support and that's very helpful. The most I'll need is your continued commitment if you're interested in getting a calendar. The more people buy them, the more we can print. The more we can print, the easier they are to make. The easier they are to make, the more likely it is we can make it an annual tradition. Other than that I'm handling all of the print and design on my end, so none of you will be burdened with that, unless you've got experience with custom print work and want to PM me with advice. That would be VERY appreciated. Finally, the biggest help any of you can provide is **Quality** photography. Time to break out the DSLRs. Time to turn on that Portrait Mode if you're using a cell phone camera. This is going to get printed large so I'm going to need high resolution photos with good lighting.

Finally, those of you from around the world, if you're intending to buy a calendar and want your national holidays printed on the date grid alongside everybody else's, please PM me a list ( within reason, lol)
 
Thread starter
to fulfill a request: I will here set down a list of the people who have expressed an interest in getting a calendar. This is by no means a list of firm commitments because, of course, nobody has actually SEEN it yet. This is just for tracking purposes. I've also marked people who live outside the US to keep track of shipping needs.

Michael1954
spechg **ireland**
tod.branko **UAE**
Hountman?
Emptysea
TommyMCK (2)
pdedse
whoops
britbikes42 (2) **bahamas**
misterprofessionality (2)

This list will get updated from time to time as i'm contacted, and will eventually be used to contact you all with a personalized reminder to review the final proof and make your final commitments when the time comes.
 
Put me down for one. Make it easy to pay. I’m not paying in Bitcoin :)
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
to fulfill a request: I will here set down a list of the people who have expressed an interest in getting a calendar. This is by no means a list of firm commitments because, of course, nobody has actually SEEN it yet. This is just for tracking purposes. I've also marked people who live outside the US to keep track of shipping needs.

Michael1954
spechg **ireland**
tod.branko **UAE**
Hountman?
Emptysea
TommyMCK (2)
pdedse
whoops
britbikes42 (2) **bahamas**
misterprofessionality (2)

This list will get updated from time to time as i'm contacted, and will eventually be used to contact you all with a personalized reminder to review the final proof and make your final commitments when the time comes.
I have a shipping address in the US, no need for special concern, but I appreciate the gesture
f7fd5cd24b84a4133e524d86d02e8ffd.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the continued support everyone. Sorry for the typos!

Others have brought up payment methods, so I'll address my thoughts on that here. I'm good with just about any method you want to use as long as its not payment in goats and beads. PayPal, cashapp, venmo, even check by mail is fine. I wont hold up shipping calendars and Im not going to place a huge burden on people to cough up the dough, because I intend to float the project on my own bank account to give people time to order and pay and keep things easy peasy.
 
If you could send it to Germany I'm in, too. And I would certainly pay the extra cost for shipping.
 
This may have been addressed, but I didn't see it. A motorcycle group with whom I sometimes ride put together a calendar and made it available for purchase through Cafe Press or some other similar website. People were able to place their calendar orders directly through the site and saved the organizer a bunch of extra work. I have just explained everything I know or think I know about this process so there might be significant flaws in this idea.
 
Thread starter
All right! Today's Updated list looks like this:

A-man
Nachodaddy
Scoot
Andyferd
Houtman
Michael1954
Misterprofessionality (2)
Emptysea
SpechG **ireland** (contributing!)
tod.branko
tommymck (2)
pdedse (contributing!)
Whoops
britbikes42 **bahamas** (2)
Lord Popgun
Django **germany**
Charlie Bravo
Gone in 60
Clearviewx (contributing!)
noroomtomove **australia**


That's a darn good list! We've definitely got enough orders here to secure a good price on the calendars. Keep the requests rolling in!

I'm currently in the process of designing the cover while I wait for more picture submissions, so Please don't forget to visit the Calendar Girls thread over on the CB1100 Photos board and read up on the particulars before submitting. As I said over there, all submissions should be passed to me via Email at misterprofessionality@gmail.com. The calendar doesn't happen without the girls!

Hopefully I'll have a preliminary cover art to show off today some time.
EmptySea_imp said:
This may have been addressed, but I didn't see it. A motorcycle group with whom I sometimes ride put together a calendar and made it available for purchase through Cafe Press or some other similar website. People were able to place their calendar orders directly through the site and saved the organizer a bunch of extra work. I have just explained everything I know or think I know about this process so there might be significant flaws in this idea.
Thanks for the tip, I did look into this last night and the only problem I can see with the Cafepress calendars is quality. The group would be paying roughly the same price apiece for them, but they don't give me nearly as much control over the design as the printer im using. In short, I'm hoping I can make a better calendar than that for that price. You may in the end turn out to be right, though.
 
Back
Top