Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Rebel73_imp said:Yah, a buddy of mine suggested sitting on the bike and having it straight up to fit more gas, but I found that it makes almost no difference.
The same way I fill up the gastank of my bikes.redbirds_imp said:Bike on center stand, stand on the left, left hand on lever and right hand controlling the nozzle.
Not a bit...but it sounded very professional.Scudrunr_imp said:Side stand, on the left, fill with your right hand. The problem with using the centerstand is you lose venting all at once with an accompanying gusher. On the side stand you can lose some vent space but its gradual. Does that make any sense?

Cut off will still engage even when your filling slowly and watching. If your trying to get the level close to top as reasonably possible without an over fill placing the nozzle half to 3/4 in the hole and going slow the cut off should still engage when level reaches the vent holes in the nozzle. If cut off doesnt work then you run the risk of it burbing or if you squeeze just a little too hard it can over fill leading to a spillage on a hot motor. Not that you would set your self on fire 99.9% of the time but accidents can happen if your sitting on the bike. Just as they tell you to turn your engine off in a car or to ground a portable gas tank while filling, the chances of an accident are minimal but they still do exist. There would be no mention of it if it Never happend. Just something to think about. Not everyone is created equal when it comes to common sense and attention to detail.EmptySea_imp said:I fill on the center stand, but not because I'm in the least bit worried about setting myself on fire. What IS important from the last post is not to trust the automatic cutoff. You should be filling slowly enough and watching closely enough to stop filling before the cutoff engages. I gather that this is more difficult with some of the EPA-friendly nozzles and I have no experience with them.
i could have sworn when i picked up the bike that the guy at one point had the cap open and the key removed.The ferret_imp said:Push down on the front of the cap until the key turns sideways to remove key. You can't take it out when the gas cap is open.
hmm side stand normally snaps right up. It is right in front of peg so I push it down with the heel of my foot when I take it off the peg.
Forget the right reset button. It's for clock and maybe something else.
Trip meter runs thru odometer (total miles)
Trip A 3 modes, miles on A , ave mpg on A and how much fuel you used on A
trip B 3 modes same as above
and umm something else
use left button to toggle thru and left button to zero
I use trip A for daily rides. Every morning it gets zeroed. Every evening I write down my mileage in a log. all 3 bikes.
trip B is for my mileage on that tank of gas all 3 bikes
only see odometer when I am cycling thru
wait until you get to miles left on fuel on flashing reserve. It will blow your mind. No matter what mode you're in it will switch to how many miles left on tank starting around 63 I think, then total odometer miles then counting down how many miles left on tank and total odometer miles and it keeps doing that until you run out or fill up lol
When I fill up, I zero B and everything is back to normal
It might feel better to you to stand next to the bike behind the handlebars ( not in front like you were doing), turn the bars to the right, and pump gas with the left hand, rather than trying to pump over the handlebars.