gossman_imp
Been there
I did a little experiment today. I rode 105 miles out, all interstate and state highways, averaging 70-75 mph, filled up when I got there - 46 mpg. Same route back, averaging 60-65 mph, filled up near home - 53 mpg. No appreciable difference in headwinds or elevation at the end points. No doubt, that extra 10 mph sure ratchets down the mileage!Pauley_imp said:I did a little experiment today. I rode 105 miles out, all interstate and state highways, averaging 70-75 mph, filled up when I got there - 46 mpg. Same route back, averaging 60-65 mph, filled up near home - 53 mpg. No appreciable difference in headwinds or elevation at the end points. No doubt, that extra 10 mph sure ratchets down the mileage!The ferret_imp said:Funny...., I don't do much interstate on a normal day to day basis. On one of my loops in Kentucky back roads 45-50 mph, not many stops I averaged 58 mpg. Coming home yesterday on I-75, running 70-75 mph I reached down and checked the fuel computer and I was getting 46 mpg. I was shocked! That is a huge difference.
Seems to meet the engineers claim that it was designed to run most efficient around 63mph



First tank was 50. Second was 44. THat was mostly running 70-75 into a headwind. Third tank which is my normal riding was 52.5. Pretty pleased with that last number. Never got over 60 much and had a fair amount of stop and go. THats about all my NIghthawk will do. The 1100 will burn more at speed like on interstates but seems to be just about equal to the older 750 sibling on the back roads. No gripes and still trying to get used to the fuel gauge. It blinked today at 137 miles and then quit and I stopped and filled it up and it only took 2.6 gallon. Sometimes the bars disappear and then reappear. Its strange and the best gas gauge is the odometer.