Gas Mileage

I can officially report, as of today I've USED 14 gallons of gas and have traveled 861 miles. (861 miles as it shows on the odometer)

So, for the 2014 I am avg 61.5 miles to the gallon.

Not bad, not bad at all !

I left trip B alone from day 1.
 
43 is my average.. I have to ask, are you all riding very slowly or do you weigh very little.. I'm 265lbs, and I like to ride at a brisk pace..

-P
 
I weigh 200 geared up and generally run about 57 mph which is just under 3000 rpms, but I do that whether the road is crooked or straight. :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
I weigh 200 geared up and generally run about 57 mph which is just under 3000 rpms, but I do that whether the road is crooked or straight. :rofl:
Here is Nor Cal.. Less than 70mph makes you a standing road hazard.. I try,as a point of safety, to ride a few MPH faster than traffic.

At my weight and at that speed I'm a lot of moving resistance..

-Peter
 
pwh421, people round here report a significant increase in fuel being consumed at speed. Not surprising. The Ferret sets the bar height; few reach it.

My average over about 35,000 kms is 44 miles/US Gallon. I don't think I ride very hard, but the Ferret could obviously teach me a thing or two. Or three or four and the rest, really.
 
xNE0x_imp said:
I do general commute, some city some country. I weigh 270 lbs, 6'1
You and I are about the same size and ride essentially the same speeds, yet I am getting in the mid to low 40's.. Odd..

Or not, I like to get to 70 PDQ so that might be it..

-P
 
I am running rec fuel in it as well, but I stay in 5th gear a lot too. I will grab my camera in the morning and take pics of the readout on the bike. Oh, completely off topic...


For those asking about the 2014 model and low fuel... Mine flashes 1 bar left side, and will take me to screen showing how many more miles I have before I run out of fuel. I pushed my luck the other day and found this out. I had it down to 10 miles before I filled up.
 
I only have 1,000 miles on my 2013. I weigh 215 and my mileage has been getting better. Now I'm up to low 40s mpg with mostly urban riding.
 
About 40-42mpg for me. (60 mpg on my NC700X). Heavy throttle hand, limited amount of steady-speed cruising, and significant 2nd and 3rd gear riding on dirt and gravel roads limits my mileage.
 
Some of you forget. The 2013 models were geared for more 0-60, and wind up a bit on the highway. The 2014 has much TALLER gearing, meaning less rev's at higher speeds. This could account for the discrepancy.
 
14s also have an extra gear.
 
I have about 1200 miles now on the 2013 bike, I went for a 110 mile ride yesterday keeping the bike about 2.5k to 3.5k RPM and checked mileage and got right at 55 mpg.[/b]
 
I average 47-48 commuting. This weekend I averaged 54 mpg on the trip around Mt. Rainier.
 
On 85 mile trip yesterday with mix of riding between 30 mph and 75 mph I avaraged 51 mpg. Engine is still tight with only 350 miles. 6th gear definately helps on the highway.
 
1800 mi on the ODO
Getting 37mpg on this most recent fill up.
I weigh 240 and on this last fill-up I rode two-up for about 1/3 of the time. So that's about 400lbs total with my girl and I. I do a lot of city driving. Does this seem exceptionally low given the criteria? I rarely go above 4k rpm and don't drive like a jackass.
 
6"4' , 220, with 7200kms on the bike both tires at high end of pressure spec. Seem to get a constant the 52MPG. Highway RPMs average around 4100 (it's a 2013). It seemed to take till about 5000kms for the engine to really take a set and be broken in. My MPG when I first got the bike was in the 37 range and I notice it's much smoother in its power delivery now.
 
Kmoney, thanks for chiming in and alleviating my concerns. Looking forward to better gas mileage once I get to 5000kms (3k mi for us here in the states).
 
Back
Top