Garage queen?

Thread starter
Easy answer.... NO WAY. Love my CB and getting to like the FJR real well. My favorite bikes have always been I-4 liter bikes. I've ridden lots of Wings when I was in the business from 72-89, even had a couple of demo Wings because part of my contract with the dealerships I managed, I was supplied a demo, and sometimes I picked a Wing (other notable demos I had CBX, 750F, V45 Sabre, GT 750 Suzuki). I have even test ridden the 2018 Wing, and alas I am just not a wing person. Awesome bikes. Just not my style. I don't drive Cadillac's or Buick's either although they are fine cars. Rather drive an Accord.

Now, if that were a CBX I might have to think a little harder lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Easy answer.... NO WAY. Love my CB and getting to like the FJR real well. My favorite bikes have always been I-4 liter bikes. I've ridden lots of Wings when I was in the business from 72-89, even had a couple of demo Wings because part of my contract with the dealerships I managed, I was supplied a demo, and sometimes I picked a Wing (other notable demos I had CBX, 750F, V45 Sabre, GT 750 Suzuki). I have even test ridden the 2018 Wing, and alas I am just not a wing person. Awesome bikes. Just not my style. I don't drive Cadillac's or Buick's either although they are fine cars. Rather drive an Accord.

Now, if that were a CBX I might have to think a little harder lol
Thanks, and to be honest with you, I would have the same problem as far as a CBX were concerned.
 
Thread starter
Well I can share about the V45 Sable and the V65 Sabre because I owned one of those (rode a V65 Magna once though and a V45 Magna)

The V45 Sabre was a really nice bike imo. Smooth relatively powerful, great sound, not too big. The V 65 Sabre in comparison was huge, way taller, way heavier, way more power, same great sound only deeper. It was really too big for me. Had almost a 34" seat height. I dropped it with my wife on the back trying to make a U turn in a parking lot and sold it shortly afterward.

Here's my V65 Sabre and my GS1100E Suzuki (which I gave to my son when he was 19)

45e5e890830f3149ac253a5d6d5a6b67.jpg
 
I never rode a V65 Sabre, but I do recall them pulled up to stop lights and the monster vibrating almost erotically with its V4 mill. I often wondered if that was the nature of the beast, or if the riders abused them (maybe both).

RE wife on back: Did the eye glare precede the "sold shortly afterward"?

Never forget the ol' pics. Good one.
 
Thread starter
lol Up until I dropped the FJR on a solo ride to W Va, I had droppped bikes 3 times. All basically standing still. All 3 times my wife was on the back. TX 650 Yamaha in Kentucky, V65 Sabre in Ohio and BMW R1200R in Germany.
 
Heh, heh. I've had my bikes dropped 3 times all essentially standing still. I attribute the falls as owner error. The falls were the RD400 (twice) and the CB650 Nighthawk, all by girlfriends who were trying to be helpful by moving the bike by the handlebar. The last time (the 4th time) was just me riding downhill over some leaves in May on an Aprilia. I unintentionally crushed a FRS radio that day.
 
Wonderful. I wonder if it still has the OEM tyres?
 
Thread starter
I am sure some of them start out like, " ... and then Junior came along and the bike had to go. So I shacked the bike up at my brother-in-law's four hours away, then suddenly Junior had a sister and ... ".
 
Sadly, my CB could be considered a garage queen this year... except I don't have a garage :banana: But I have ridden a lot of short spins, so I guess that's better than nothing. And the rally, of course. That was a good long jaunt.
 
here are 168 garage queens from honda's museum;

some lucky fella gets to ride these.......
 
Thanks Max. I wished all motorcycle "video reviews" were minimally like this. This short video shares a fair portion of the general looks and behaviour of the bike. There are, of course, more comprehensive video reviews of bikes, but there seems to be an overwhelming volume of garbage videos/reviews that are a waste of space.
 
WOW. Those videos are absolutely incredible. What a treasure! I've never actually seen or heard an early-50's Honda Dream, and seeing and hearing the 70's bikes I once coveted, rode, or owned nearly brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing this link!!! Just wonderful.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
WOW. Those videos are absolutely incredible. What a treasure! I've never actually seen or heard an early-50's Honda Dream, and seeing and hearing the 70's bikes I once coveted, rode, or owned nearly brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing this link!!! Just wonderful.
L/R, 'cuz we were born too late....lol..:P
:beerchug:
 
Back
Top