Garage Hangout

I'm impressed (envious) by some of the modern garages you fellows have.
I live in an older home which has a detached single-car garage. It was built long before modern city ordinances and cannot be moved, expanded or rebuilt if it falls down. Needless to say, I take good care of it :D
The bikes live in there in the summer and the car lives there in the winter.
It's too small to be used as a hangout unless it was completely cleared of machines.
 
Thread starter
Bazbro_imp said:
You could drive your car into the garage and work under the engine, standing in the service pit. :)
That was a dream set up! :thumbsup: :cool:
Rocky_imp said:
I'm impressed (envious) by some of the modern garages you fellows have.
I live in an older home which has a detached single-car garage. It was built long before modern city ordinances and cannot be moved, expanded or rebuilt if it falls down. Needless to say, I take good care of it :D
The bikes live in there in the summer and the car lives there in the winter.
It's too small to be used as a hangout unless it was completely cleared of machines.
Sounds like it has lots of charm, though. :)
 
Some of these "garages" make for really nice dawg houses. I would have no problem rolling a cot next to pretty well any motorcycle standing in the dark. A bar frig would also be mandatory and stocked.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
Pfft. Wish I HAD a garage.
Ditto.

Think of all the conveniences?

Me - snow and rain stays "out there".

You - keep the sunshine where it needs to be.
Ditto.

Think of all the conveniences?

Me - snow and rain stays "out there".

You - keep the sunshine where it needs to be.
Somewhere to "escape to" - where oily hands and clothes are not a problem, you can put your feet up (wearing shoes/boots) anywhere, drink beer, swear, pass wind with buddies with impunity, stick up pin-ups, make noise, start engines... The list is endless of "Fun things to do in your garage"!! :D
 
Oh yes, just moved to our new house and it HAS A GARAGE!! First one I've had in years.

Not quite big enough for the car but certainly big enough for the CB (and boxes, garden tools, old furniture swmbo doesn't want in the new place, meaty looking spiders etc).

It even has two, yes that's a whole two, power points and a light!

I am blessed!
 
Thread starter
Bazbro_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
Pfft. Wish I HAD a garage.
Ditto.

Think of all the conveniences?

Me - snow and rain stays "out there".

You - keep the sunshine where it needs to be.
Ditto.

Think of all the conveniences?

Me - snow and rain stays "out there".

You - keep the sunshine where it needs to be.
Somewhere to "escape to" - where oily hands and clothes are not a problem, you can put your feet up (wearing shoes/boots) anywhere, drink beer, swear, pass wind with buddies with impunity, stick up pin-ups, make noise, start engines... The list is endless of "Fun things to do in your garage"!! :D
:clap: :rofl: :beerchug:
Haggard Rider_imp said:
Oh yes, just moved to our new house and it HAS A GARAGE!! First one I've had in years.

Not quite big enough for the car but certainly big enough for the CB (and boxes, garden tools, old furniture swmbo doesn't want in the new place, meaty looking spiders etc).

It even has two, yes that's a whole two, power points and a light!

I am blessed!
:clap: :thumbsup:
 
NOW look what you've done Stichill:clap:

It must have been your inspirational post that started it all.....
After 20 years i suddenly decided to rearrange the garage so i can actually walk around in it rather than step over things all the time;
92466c42330f8b720d0bd2638976a9bf.jpg


It took two days but now i have a workbench and some room to tinker around in;
9d78f535cce09f12b9c749732c4936fe.jpg


Unfortunately all previous photo's if they ever existed of the garage are now "classified" like Cormanus's picture:celebrate:

f159140669de4737b46ed21d4cf50efc.jpg


So thanks for the nice post, the bikes are happy now:thanks:
 
Thread starter
max_imp said:
NOW look what you've done Stichill:clap:

It must have been your inspirational post that started it all.....
After 20 years i suddenly decided to rearrange the garage so i can actually walk around in it rather than step over things all the time;
92466c42330f8b720d0bd2638976a9bf.jpg


It took two days but now i have a workbench and some room to tinker around in;
9d78f535cce09f12b9c749732c4936fe.jpg


Unfortunately all previous photo's if they ever existed of the garage are now "classified" like Cormanus's picture:celebrate:

f159140669de4737b46ed21d4cf50efc.jpg


So thanks for the nice post, the bikes are happy now:thanks:
55ed0cad0a356336f12b1b3490d936a3.gif
 
Stichill_imp said:
max_imp said:
NOW look what you've done Stichill:clap:

It must have been your inspirational post that started it all.....
After 20 years i suddenly decided to rearrange the garage so i can actually walk around in it rather than step over things all the time;
92466c42330f8b720d0bd2638976a9bf.jpg


It took two days but now i have a workbench and some room to tinker around in;
9d78f535cce09f12b9c749732c4936fe.jpg


Unfortunately all previous photo's if they ever existed of the garage are now "classified" like Cormanus's picture:celebrate:

f159140669de4737b46ed21d4cf50efc.jpg


So thanks for the nice post, the bikes are happy now:thanks:
55ed0cad0a356336f12b1b3490d936a3.gif
:rofl: loved that movie. Some of the best lines ever

Not enough dirt, saw it right off

Can you skin grizz pilgrim? Skin that one I'll bring you another

Elk don't know how many legs a horse has

:rofl:
 
Since I live in a condo, our home is over it's own two-car garage. My wife calls our garage the "Time Machine." Basically meaning that when I go down there to work on something, I forget all sense of time in the real world, meaning chore time, meal time, etc. She's developed a system of "stomps." If meal time is near and she's making food, she'll stomp twice on the kitchen floor, which transmits the stomp through the garage ceiling to me, assuming I'm not running a power tool, an engine, or whatever Charles Bronson movie I'm watching on the wall-mounted TV isn't turned up too loud. If the meal is ready and she's waiting for me, the stomps will be rhythmic and in rapid succession until I come up to eat.

If I'm working on a project specifically for her, such as doing maintenance, cleaning/detailing or repairs on her car or something she's given me to work on (painting a flower pot, etc), she'll come down the stairs and deliver the meal to me.

Before we met, I had a sizable collection of cars and motorcycles, and had an elaborate system of compensation with several single neighbors in my condo community who had one car, meaning half of their garage was open to park one of my vehicles. It was not uncommon for me to come home in a Mustang, let's say, walk down the street to another garage, get in a Cadillac, and drive away. This led some of my uninformed neighbors to imagine what I must be doing.

Due to family obligations (needs of aging parents), I've sold off most everything, and my wife has enacted the edict "No monies will be spent on the storage of a wheeled vehicle that will not fit within the confines of our own property."

Now, "within the confines of our own property" has some interesting ramifications. Before my father passed away, he had their house remodeled, which included the addition of a small golf cart garage. Not large enough to park a car in, but it will fit several motorcycles. My wife and I recently purchased their house so my mom could stay in it, so I could potentially rebuild my two-wheeled collection at that location. My wife is aware of that, and is currently very worried.
 
Back
Top