Marvellous garage, Stichill. Under no circumstances I can think of will I post a picture of mine. 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.



Moderators know all.Bazbro_imp said:Ooops! (Red face!). :-/
I'd forgotten about that!
You should have seen it before I tidied it!!![]()
hy:

OK now the curiosity is killing me!Cormanus_imp said:Marvellous garage, Stichill. Under no circumstances I can think of will I post a picture of mine.![]()

Pictures lie, it’s a dump! :rofl:Gone in 60_imp said:When I leave for long business trips, that's how I park my bikes - between the work bench and the cars. Not practical for every day use, but if my garage door was ever left open for some reason while I'm gone, the bikes would be impossible to swipe quickly.
Still, come on dude, not even an oil spot? And not a blade of grass on the floor around the mower?

GoldOxide_imp said::rofl:KiowaEagle_imp said::rofl:Gone in 60_imp said:When I leave for long business trips, that's how I park my bikes - between the work bench and the cars. Not practical for every day use, but if my garage door was ever left open for some reason while I'm gone, the bikes would be impossible to swipe quickly.
Still, come on dude, not even an oil spot? And not a blade of grass on the floor around the mower?
Bah, we are all allowed to keep something new for awhile. Kinda like the west coast garage theme - clean and inviting. I have seen marvelous west coast garages that instantly turn into bedrooms with a kitchen when guests stay overnight. The floors are so clean you can walk the perimeter in bare feet and not pick-up even a dried up centipede.
Mind you: Keeping a garage like that is a bit harder on the northeast coast winter.

Right on! You’re way ahead of me with the central heat! I freeze in winter and swelter in summer in mine.Bazbro_imp said:That's a lovely way to express it, thanks, Stichill!
But it is big enough (just) to work on the 'bike, sit and have a cup of tea (and a bar of chocolate if Maggie's not around!!), have all the tools I need to hand and to even seat a buddy if one drops by. If I need more room, I can push the Beemer out (into the rain!) and move the bench. It's centrally heated and has great lighting too.
It's a bit messy in the pic - it needs a bit of a tidy.![]()



Looks like fun Frulk.Frulk_imp said:Not sure if I've posted this before or not. When we built the house the 3rd garage bay was meant to store the boat and would have a rear roll up door to allow me to ride yard tractor, ATV's etc. out into the backyard . Well, wife decided to take back 6 feet of bay for a walk-in pantry from the kitchen. That made storing the boat in there cramped as the lower unit basically sat up against my work bench. The end result to part of the problem was to put the boat into a storage unit we rent. I then hung a tarp at the end of the bay and heated the enclosed space during winter while working on my numerous hobbies. Problem with that was condensation. Long story short... the wife was sick of me complaining and said build yourself an enclosed room and we'll dedicate the rest of the bay to your bikes.
First thing I did was have a buddy put in a loft that allows me to store a lot of camping and fishing gear above the room. Then I built the walls on either side and made the sliding barn doors from scratch so I could open the barn doors as well as the garage door and have a decent view of the mountains.
The wife and mother-in-law painted everything and epoxied the floor (neither a small task). I cut the metal for the walls and after a somewhat protracted debate about which way I should go for storage I chose the rolling tool cabinets. Mainly because I can move them out a couple of times a year easily and clean the floor and they allow for reconfiguring should I decide to go another way. Lastly, SEARS and Home Depot had a killah sale so the cost was comparative if not better than traditional cabinets if you consider the need to put counter tops on most of them.
Finished bay with doors closed. Black curtain at top is loft space for backpacking/camping/fishing gear. 10-12 feet deep
![]()
Storage along one wall. Mostly books and fishing gear and backpacking cooking gear/etc. in those.
![]()
Bikes in Bay:
![]()
And then what Stichill is interested in and what this thread is about. A place for the guys to hang out in. I put a butcher block table in that enclosed room with seating for 5, an old vintage Technics receiver with vintage Infinity speakers. A small bar. Barn doors open wide in summer if we need more space and seating. Heated in winter. Good views to the mountains. Pretty happy with it.
![]()

I wish I knew.Stichill_imp said:Good place to hang out, m in sc!
Frulk, wow! :worship: That is a Taj Magaraj! :beerchug:
Cormanus, what's behind Door Number 3?![]()





That would mean I'd have to open the door and I'm not at all sure I'd be happy with what came out!Bazbro_imp said:Wow! You guys are SO lucky having so much S P A C E !!
My garage is only the size of a medium-sized car - normal in the UK. And I have to also use it for storing paint, decorating stuff, Beemer spares, 'bikes accessories (tank bags, boots, clothing, etc.), Plus the Beemer itself, rolling tool chest with metric and Imperial tools, two small workbenches with pillar drill, vices, small cabinet for electrical bits... In fact everything to decorate, repair, and store car, motorhome (RV), motorcycles (3), house and garden! And work on the CB...
Frulk, yup, the garage of my dreams too!
Cormanus, c'mon... get those GARAGES (plural) sorted!! :rofl:
Oh, and my motorcycle trailer is also stored in there!![]()

That would mean I'd have to open the door and I'm not at all sure I'd be happy with what came out!Cormanus_imp said:That would mean I'd have to open the door and I'm not at all sure I'd be happy with what came out!Bazbro_imp said:Wow! You guys are SO lucky having so much S P A C E !!
My garage is only the size of a medium-sized car - normal in the UK. And I have to also use it for storing paint, decorating stuff, Beemer spares, 'bikes accessories (tank bags, boots, clothing, etc.), Plus the Beemer itself, rolling tool chest with metric and Imperial tools, two small workbenches with pillar drill, vices, small cabinet for electrical bits... In fact everything to decorate, repair, and store car, motorhome (RV), motorcycles (3), house and garden! And work on the CB...
Frulk, yup, the garage of my dreams too!
Cormanus, c'mon... get those GARAGES (plural) sorted!! :rofl:
Oh, and my motorcycle trailer is also stored in there!![]()
![]()