White Dog_imp
Been there
The Ferret has the best looking gaiters of any I've seen. I seem to recall him saying they were a Triumph part. Expensive, but a man of his means ...
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Definitely smaller (and better looking on the bike). My length measurement was also on the bike. Revzilla says they will stretch to 10".The ferret_imp said:White Dog I can't measure free length because they are on the bike, so somewhat compressed by weight of bike, but they measure 5 3/4" on the bike top to bottom and a pleat in the middle measures 2.60" or just over 2 1/2" in diameter (not circumference)
These are the same ones the Ferret has and yes they are Kawasaki, cost around $100. His tutorial on installing was excellent.Olyrider_imp said:I don't know if Ferret's gaiters are actually made by Kawasaki or not.
The gaiters on my CB1100 are made by Triumph, and are quite nice. Very well-made in fact.
And I believe they were quite a bit less expensive than the Kawi gaiters. I'm sure that the part #s and info were gleaned from this forum somewhere.
Thanks for posting thisdsinned_imp said:I just rec'd the package from Revilla with the Kijima Easy On 41mm Gaitors. Took almost two weeks.
Bottom line, I don't like them and will most likely be returning them.
They are two big and bulky and must weigh a couple of pounds. The rubber is very thick and somewhat stiff, certainly not soft and flexible like most OEM gaiters I've seen. They are probably good for protection of the forks, with tie wraps to keep them from splitting open, but not much else. Their appearance though, once mounted would look kind of goofy, like they are just too large and overwhelming for the bike.
I don't recommend them, and besides that they are WAY TOO OVERPRICED!
