Gaitors for front suspenders - opinions?

If you have a lift point in your garage it's quick and easy. Leave the front wheel on. Lift the front end, unbolt the calipers, loosen the fork clamps, and slide out the forks. Install the gators and reassemble. I say get the good ones and do it right. You'll regret the clip-on ones.
 
Thread starter
I can see why these are so expensive. The design is quite ingenius. Note that they can be physically "resealed" the length of the seam interface where they are gapped on one side. The Kijima gaitors actually look like . . .

 
Hmmm, those Kijima's look great - and easy enough to put on, might try them. Revzilla has both 41mm & 39mm sized of the Kijima EasyOn Boots, any idea which will fit my 2014-DLX?
 
If you order them please post up pics of installation and your general feeling about them
 
Thread starter
I DID order a set and should have them in a few days. I think the combination of the self-sealing feature and miniature black tie wraps, will blend in perfectly. The only downside is the high cost ($85 list), but these bikes are like a girlfriend, you can never spend too much on them. ;-))
 
Dang. The snap together gaiters did not exist when I ordered mine last year. The pair I received from Revzilla required glueing together, so they were sent back and I bought the solids--pulled the forks, etc.
 
White Dog_imp said:
Dang. The snap together gaiters did not exist when I ordered mine last year. The pair I received from Revzilla required glueing together, so they were sent back and I bought the solids--pulled the forks, etc.
At least you got er done!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
That looks like an excellent solution to installing gaiters.
 
dsinned_imp said:
I DID order a set and should have them in a few days. I think the combination of the self-sealing feature and miniature black tie wraps, will blend in perfectly. The only downside is the high cost ($85 list), but these bikes are like a girlfriend, you can never spend too much on them. ;-))
Let's see:

At $76.49 (on sale) + $30 Revzilla's Flat Rate Shipping Fee to Canada + Canadian Exchange Rate + Canadian Taxes + Canada Post Handling Fee...:(

They will have to look darn good and fit perfectly on your bike dsinned for me to justify ordering them.

Sorry, my typical Canadian rant now over...
 
Thread starter
Wow! I thought out taxes were bad here in CA, but you guys up North of the border are getting royally fleeced! Not worth it in your case UNLESS putting on gaiters would cost more at a dealership. I suspect still cheaper to order a set of Kijimis and you'll still wind up paying less overall.

Nevertheless, I still have not rec'd yet, so better wait and see if they look like the pic I posted earlier just to be sure.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
dsinned_imp said:
I DID order a set and should have them in a few days. I think the combination of the self-sealing feature and miniature black tie wraps, will blend in perfectly. The only downside is the high cost ($85 list), but these bikes are like a girlfriend, you can never spend too much on them. ;-))
Let's see:

At $76.49 (on sale) + $30 Revzilla's Flat Rate Shipping Fee to Canada + Canadian Exchange Rate + Canadian Taxes + Canada Post Handling Fee...:(

They will have to look darn good and fit perfectly on your bike dsinned for me to justify ordering them.

Sorry, my typical Canadian rant now over...
Let's see:

At $76.49 (on sale) + $30 Revzilla's Flat Rate Shipping Fee to Canada + Canadian Exchange Rate + Canadian Taxes + Canada Post Handling Fee...:(

They will have to look darn good and fit perfectly on your bike dsinned for me to justify ordering them.

Sorry, my typical Canadian rant now over...
Yeah, this is a grim fact of life now to bring anything in from the US :@
Our dollar is only worth 75 cents so we really pay through the nose with all those added fees.
It wasn't too bad when our dollars were on par or near par, but I gave up on cross-border online shopping.
It's much cheaper for us to buy the Triumph gaiters here which are around $70.00 plus sales tax and postage - or no postage if you can pick them up at the Triumph dealer.
 
Back
Top