Gaiter Failure

Bezzy: I don't know what to tell you on that. But mine fit tight on the bottom perfect length and snug on top but still use zip tie on top. Mine are on so will see how they hold up. But that don't help you now! I put my weep holes in the back which makes the holes downhill so to speak! If moister gets in it can drip out. Looking at the ones that tore up weep holes where in the front but I'm not saying that had anything to do with it. They should not look like that in 3 months for sure. Time will tell. If I see mine getting bad maybe they will hold up till I'm ready for a tire change on the front.
Michael
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Bezzy: I don't know what to tell you on that. But mine fit tight on the bottom perfect length and snug on top but still use zip tie on top. Mine are on so will see how they hold up. But that don't help you now! I put my weep holes in the back which makes the holes downhill so to speak! If moister gets in it can drip out. Looking at the ones that tore up weep holes where in the front but I'm not saying that had anything to do with it. They should not look like that in 3 months for sure. Time will tell. If I see mine getting bad maybe they will hold up till I'm ready for a tire change on the front.
Michael
I am not to worried, it's only a $32 investment. I will probably put them on the exact same way you did and don't think about it twice. For now I am too busy riding the thing. 1500 miles since march 27, it is really breaking in nicely. 2 oil changes already. Semi synth 10w40. Shifts smoothly at the right rpm.
Really like the stock dual exhaust sound!! Surprising coming from a HD with slip ons...I have no intention of changing the exhaust but the ecu flash is ticking me...:biker:
 
Dont do it AVS, send them back and get the KAW units, they even look way better.Why would you want to do the job twice! Trust me on this one, those cheap ones look like thicker more brittle rubber to me just by the pic I can see that...
Go back to the must have gaiters thread and look at Rick from Utah's bike, see how factory they look those are the Kaw 49006-1335 gaiters, sweet!
 
Ricks gaiters look just like mine. Check out his left side weep holes in the front. If it's the same rick I just went back and looked at pics. If mine rot off I will buy some from cat bulldozer arm lol
Michael
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Ricks gaiters look just like mine. Check out his left side weep holes in the front. If it's the same rick I just went back and looked at pics. If mine rot off I will buy some from cat bulldozer arm lol
Michael
Mike the bag yours came in said made in China, Rick's, Ferret's and mine say made in Japan! BIG BIG difference.I am done with this issue!
 
64c5f5ee8b566e5a22711449408ae906.jpg

Don't say china. But they maybe made in china. I'm not saying mine ain't cheap I paid. $32 if I had known about the better JAPAN ones I would of bought them even at 3 times more the price and I do thank you for telling me about them. I will buy the JAPAN set when mine rot for sure. I already got mine cheap ones on I might as well use them till they fail. Don't be upset. That's what this forum is for. Again I do thank you for letting me know about the better gaiters :)
Michael
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
Ridem32_imp said:
Ricks gaiters look just like mine. Check out his left side weep holes in the front. If it's the same rick I just went back and looked at pics. If mine rot off I will buy some from cat bulldozer arm lol
Michael
Mike the bag yours came in said made in China, Rick's, Ferret's and mine say made in Japan! BIG BIG difference.I am done with this issue!
Mike the bag yours came in said made in China, Rick's, Ferret's and mine say made in Japan! BIG BIG difference.I am done with this issue!
Thanks for the advice. I have ordered the Kawasak ones. Will return the Kaizen or give them away to a member here...even though they are Made in Taiwan...
 
Made in Taiwan lol. That's worse than china!!! Lol. Mine are extra cheap. :) It's all good I will get the real JAPAN set for sure when these go south ! Thanks again Michael
 
Thread starter
enzo_imp said:
Just wondering Joola, did you wash or spray them with anything?
Only washed my bike with water and auto soap once. Otherwise I dust and use a spray polish, but never on the gaiters.

Ridem32_imp said:
I don't see how his mirrors faded so quick that's odd also.
Michael
They are Chinese knockoff mirrors. Someone else's mirrors faded too so I'm not alone there. I have Rizoma replacements on back order.
 
Joola_imp said:
enzo_imp said:
Just wondering Joola, did you wash or spray them with anything?
Only washed my bike with water and auto soap once. Otherwise I dust and use a spray polish, but never on the gaiters.

Ridem32_imp said:
I don't see how his mirrors faded so quick that's odd also.
Michael
They are Chinese knockoff mirrors. Someone else's mirrors faded too so I'm not alone there. I have Rizoma replacements on back order.
Ridem32_imp said:
I don't see how his mirrors faded so quick that's odd also.
Michael
They are Chinese knockoff mirrors. Someone else's mirrors faded too so I'm not alone there. I have Rizoma replacements on back order.
Joola that was my son's. Kock off Rizomas for his Ducati. He took his apart last week and painted them black.
 
Oh ok I thought they was stock mirrors. Sounds like just cheap parts ! I got the same gaiters I thought they were good ones but seems like they made cheap. When mine go bad I will go with JAPAN made gaiters
Michael
 
I think Silascopathic was the one that found and first installed the British Custom units on his bike. Wonder how his are holding up?
 
Thread starter
I contacted British Customs about my gaiters. They were apologetic, said they were forwarding the photos and info to their manufacturer and are sending me a replacement tomorrow. I don't think i'll be putting them on my bike but just wanted to update you all.
 
Back
Top