Full or Open Face Helmet?

I bought and love the Shoei JCruise...

3b8fea376c491860c48150b5566add60.jpg

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/Helmet.aspx...e&h=23&t=1
 
I've got so used to wearing a full face that I don't really think about it. I do like the look of the JCruise for warmer weather around town riding..
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:

I don't want to alarm you, Bruce, but when God made man she was only testing. :cool:
 
Ole_imp said:
CA200_imp said:
I agree with full face all the time. I have sold 1000s of helmets over time.
There was not a season that went by in the 15 years we were in the biss. that we did not lose a customer to no helmet or
to much to drink.
I even offered a free tire to a sport bike guy ( he was kinda of a local leader ) if he would wear a helmet when he rode around
town.
one of those was to me

:dodgy:

and I wear a full face full time

shoei rf1100
one of those was to me

:dodgy:

and I wear a full face full time

shoei rf1100
My pal has this helmet and loves it, especially since it whoops my Arai in the Sharp test website.

I love my Arai but am disappointed in its score. Might buy an AGV soon.
 
Timpo_imp said:
A little leather would be handy for old mate pictured above. He will still look good but will wear a grimace, despite the medication, as they scrub the gravel out of the red, rashy bits. Hope the nurse is pretty.

Cheers
What's the bike?
 
While I sport a Davida Jet or HJC pudding bowl for short runs along the beach and such during the summer, I mostly ride full face- Arai Corsair or Schuberth flip. After my buddy's 65 MPH tumble on his Thruxton last week (he's OK, shattered wrist and knee) and seeing the helmet, I'm fully convinced full face is the only answer. Pic:
96a443165c52417342a6320836a28377.jpg
9a4e03753f17c13bde17ec7edca19256.jpg
 
Oh my that is going to hurt! I always wear a jacket and gloves with the helmet. Have always used a full face helmet. Just bought a Schuberth flip as a test.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
It's all about playing the odds, right? Sometimes, you may fare better in a crash with an open-face, or half, or NO helmet, but the odds are that you will be better off MOST of the time in a full-face helmet. I know guys that don't wear their seatbelt because they read about someone who would have died had he been wearing one. Same (pseudo) logic. Don't wear a seatbelt, if that makes you comfortable. Don't wear a helmet, or wear an open face helmet, if that makes you comfortable. Just don't try to tell me that you're safer in those choices. Odds are that you're not.
 
Thread starter
Given a choice, if you were about to be thrown out onto the road at 50 MPH, and someone asked, with or without a helmet, would anyone in their right mind, choose no helmet?
 
Actually, I'm a short step away from buying an open face, just for a laugh.

I've always worn full face Arai's and have 4 now. I just fancy the open face for a quick trip round the block or to the shops.

In reality that's stupid as an accident could happen anywhere and most happen close to ones home where their guard is down.

I think it's a question of 'feel safe, nail it' and conversely 'feel vulnerable, pootle along'.

Also a hear peripheral vision is WAY better on an open face (piss pot) helmet.

I just don't know what to do. So many choices, which oil, open or full helmet, screen or naked, 10-30w or 10-40w oil?


I think I'll sell it and take up golf!
HikerToo_imp said:
J Cruise on the CB , fairly close color match
4f9f2ce0dcaed7ce5a8558312e0d24ff.JPG
Wow, you look like a badass 'enforcer' about to carry out a hit on some whacko!

When I tried on an open face helmet my friend said my head looked like a bowling bowl.:huh:
 
Back
Top