FUEL TRIP COMPUTER

Cresty_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have 885 miles on my 2014 CB1100 and I notice that my fuel trip computer isn't recording information any more. Still have total and trip miles, but no fuel mileage or gallons used. I really like this feature with having the smaller tank. Has any one else had this problem? Still under warranty a course and I will be taking it in, but this dealership has only seen one CB1100, (mine). I'll give an update when it has been corrected.

Any day you can get vertical and ride your bike is a good day.
 
Hi Cresty - I sometimes notice this when I move through the "pages" right after I fill up. However, whenever I reset my trip counter, all the information starts counting. I haven't stopped to figure out why I sometimes have seen it and other times not (and whether the bike is on / running / off / etc). Mostly, wanted to chime in with encouragement to double-check it on your own before going to a dealer to get it checked out.
 
Thread starter
EarsOnWheels, Thanks you so much. By resetting the A trip page, the B trip page came back on. I am sure the A trip page will start recording when I ride. Good information and saved me a trip to the dealer, I will advise them of this. This is why I joined this forum.
 
As I learned the hard way, if you reset the trip A, all meters are reset except the odometer. I now use only the trip B meter as my "go to" meter and have it set to total miles ridden since fill up. Once the tank gets close to empty, the meter switches automatically to miles left before all gas is consumed.
 
You can reset trip A without affecting B and I do every day. Trip A I use for daily mileage, trip B for fuel mileage on the tank. I might zero A 3 or 4 times before I need gas in the tank. When I fill the tank, I zero B and it doesn't affect A at all, just the functions of B... Miles since B was last zeroed, ave mileage since B was last zeroed, and fuel used since B last zeroed.

Zeroing A will zero mileage since A was last zero'd, gas mileage since A was last zeroed, and amount of fuel used since A was last zeroed. It doesn't affect B at all.
 
Maybe there is a difference in the 2014 vs. prior years. The only way I can change the "B" settings is to first scroll thru the "A" settings to reach the "B". Then, I have to press and hold the "A" button to affect the "B" settings. The owner's manual instructions are not very clear about all this but the diagram clearly shows a path thru "A" in order to affect "B". My "B" button pressed by itself does nothing. It only works in conjunction with holding down the "A" to set the clock. If memory serves me correctly, when I pressed and held the "A" all the "A" functions and "B" functions were zeroed. The only thing which did not change was the odometer.
 
White Dog,

Us '13 owners don't have the cool fuel computer.
 
The ferret_imp said:
You can reset trip A without affecting B and I do every day. Trip A I use for daily mileage, trip B for fuel mileage on the tank. I might zero A 3 or 4 times before I need gas in the tank. When I fill the tank, I zero B and it doesn't affect A at all, just the functions of B... Miles since B was last zeroed, ave mileage since B was last zeroed, and fuel used since B last zeroed.

Zeroing A will zero mileage since A was last zero'd, gas mileage since A was last zeroed, and amount of fuel used since A was last zeroed. It doesn't affect B at all.
What procedure do you use to zero "B"? When I zeroed "A" it also zeroed "B" (I think.)
EmptySea_imp said:
All of the posts in this thread are from 2014 riders, except this one.
So, what am I doing wrong?
 
White Dog, is your bike a '13 or '14. I'm confused.
 
White Dog, there is no correlation between the B button and the B trip ODO.
The B button is used to reset the clock. It has been awhile since I reset the clock, but if memory serves, you hold the B button done until the hours flash, then use the A button to change the hours. When you have the hour you want, hit the B button and the minutes will flash. Use the A button to change the minutes. When you have the minutes you want hit the B button and the clock is set.

Hit the A button to cycle through the ODO's and trip computers. To reset the A trip ODO, hit the A button until you get to the A trip ODO. Once there hold the A button down to reset it to 0. If you want to reset the B trip ODO, you will need to keep hitting the A button until you get to the B trip ODO. Once there hold the A button down to reset it to 0.
 
Well, no big thing. I suppose Honda thought it was a great idea to have two (2) trip meters on the M/C speedo, just like most newer cars today. I'll try the reset "A" again and see if the "B" settings zero (like I thought they did before. I could be wrong.) Hopefully, my standard 2014 instrument cluster performs just like the 2014 DLX.

On that note, I again mention that in order to get to the "B" functions, I have to press the "A" button to get there. Pressing the "B" first does nothing but I did not press and hold.
 
Hey! My "miles-'til-empty" works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. The last time I hit reserve it worked. The two time previous it didn't. Just dashes. Anyone experience this? If so, is there a fix?
 
White Dog.. The button cycles thru odometer, trip A (3 functions) trip B (3 functions) and real time mileage then back to odometer. At point A you can zero the 3 A functions by pressing and holding the button without affecting B. You can also cycle thru to B and zero it (3 functions) without affecting A. You can zero A and B without affecting odometer. Real time gas mileage only shows up while you are running I do believe ( i never look at that function)
 
immgunn_imp said:
Hey! My "miles-'til-empty" works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. The last time I hit reserve it worked. The two time previous it didn't. Just dashes. Anyone experience this? If so, is there a fix?
cycle computer issue

it happened to me too.
after the initial issue in the above post i ran the gas way low.
i have not had any issues since the refill of it almost empty.
i am not sure that its a fix or if it just happened to start working properly again on its on.
 
Thanks. Maybe I'll get lucky like that too.

it happened to me too.
after the initial issue in the above post i ran the gas way low.
i have not had any issues since the refill of it almost empty.
i am not sure that its a fix or if it just happened to start working properly again on its on.
[/QUOTE]
 
Thread starter
UPDATE Back to post #1, September 2, I posted that my fuel trip computer isn't recording information any more. Still have total and trip miles, but no fuel mileage or gallons used. Other members of the forum suggested that I reset my trip miles to correct the problem. This started the recording of the missing information once again, but then it is lost until I reset the trip again. Getting a little tired of always having to reset every other time I ride. Never ever had this feature before on all my bikes, but kind of nice with the smaller tank. Dealer says just reset, maybe in time the bike will fix it's self.
 
Back
Top