HikerToo_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Anyone one periodically use fuel additives to help with water buildup, I think I saw one at the dealer to offset the ethanol effects and extra water..
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I also use Seafoam in the exact same way. However, for my vintage bikes, I only run ethanol free gas, but I still add Seafoam to it. FYI, I found ethanol free gas in Wooster, OH. I only use it in my vintage motorcycles/cars, and also in small engines like leafblowers, etc.The ferret_imp said:I run a couple oz of seafoam thru a tank once or twice a riding season, and store my bikes with a full tank with 1/2 to 2 oz per gallon of seafoam.
I also use Seafoam in the exact same way. However, for my vintage bikes, I only run ethanol free gas, but I still add Seafoam to it. FYI, I found ethanol free gas in Wooster, OH. I only use it in my vintage motorcycles/cars, and also in small engines like leafblowers, etc.Tripod_imp said:I also use Seafoam in the exact same way. However, for my vintage bikes, I only run ethanol free gas, but I still add Seafoam to it. FYI, I found ethanol free gas in Wooster, OH. I only use it in my vintage motorcycles/cars, and also in small engines like leafblowers, etc.The ferret_imp said:I run a couple oz of seafoam thru a tank once or twice a riding season, and store my bikes with a full tank with 1/2 to 2 oz per gallon of seafoam.
Not trying to derail the topic into a gas discussion. Just wanted to say that I add Seafoam to ethanol and non-ethanol fuel.
You're stream-of-conscious ranting has quickly grown old around here. Why don't you try sticking to moto-based conversation for a change? I'm going to give you some time to think it over. See you in a week._imp said:I don't like foolin' with that stuff.And I always use high test or
premium.Because you should get better gas mileage with a higher
grade octane.I can't stand Ethanol.It has a reputation for slowly
destroying an engine.I didn't know Premium gas was ethanol-free.
That's the best news I've heard all day.
Probably because I decided to repair a nice pair of pants today
that have just been hanging in my closet for years.A really nice pair of
corduroy pants.I needed them French cuffed { they were too long }
and the button on the waist to be restritched.There's this Korean fellar
in town who does stuff right there as you wait.
He's done buttons for me for free.he kinda didn't know what I meant
about French cuffing the pants.So after explaining to him a few times and then
wise cracking ... Unless yer sewing machine can't handle it.
He did it in about 5 minutes.I had my wallet in my hand as he said how
much it was.Fibe dallar.I opened my wallet and gave him a fin { 5 bucks }
and then he said real quick ... No no 10 dallar. Then 9 dallar.
He obviously saw real easy when I opened my wallet that I had 10's
and 20's in there.I need to be more careful.Especially in this Economy.
I wonder if my Dealer will pull that crap.
You're stream-of-conscious ranting has quickly grown old around here. Why don't you try sticking to moto-based conversation for a change? I'm going to give you some time to think it over. See you in a week.Guth_imp said:You're stream-of-conscious ranting has quickly grown old around here. Why don't you try sticking to moto-based conversation for a change? I'm going to give you some time to think it over. See you in a week._imp said:I don't like foolin' with that stuff.And I always use high test or
premium.Because you should get better gas mileage with a higher
grade octane.I can't stand Ethanol.It has a reputation for slowly
destroying an engine.I didn't know Premium gas was ethanol-free.
That's the best news I've heard all day.
Probably because I decided to repair a nice pair of pants today
that have just been hanging in my closet for years.A really nice pair of
corduroy pants.I needed them French cuffed { they were too long }
and the button on the waist to be restritched.There's this Korean fellar
in town who does stuff right there as you wait.
He's done buttons for me for free.he kinda didn't know what I meant
about French cuffing the pants.So after explaining to him a few times and then
wise cracking ... Unless yer sewing machine can't handle it.
He did it in about 5 minutes.I had my wallet in my hand as he said how
much it was.Fibe dallar.I opened my wallet and gave him a fin { 5 bucks }
and then he said real quick ... No no 10 dallar. Then 9 dallar.
He obviously saw real easy when I opened my wallet that I had 10's
and 20's in there.I need to be more careful.Especially in this Economy.
I wonder if my Dealer will pull that crap.

If you've got an issue with water build up, ethanol is actually a fuel system drier. Just about all of the commercially available fuel system driers are alcohol based.HikerToo_imp said:Anyone one periodically use fuel additives to help with water buildup, I think I saw one at the dealer to offset the ethanol effects and extra water..
If you've got an issue with water build up, ethanol is actually a fuel system drier. Just about all of the commercially available fuel system driers are alcohol based.Flynrider_imp said:If you've got an issue with water build up, ethanol is actually a fuel system drier. Just about all of the commercially available fuel system driers are alcohol based.HikerToo_imp said:Anyone one periodically use fuel additives to help with water buildup, I think I saw one at the dealer to offset the ethanol effects and extra water..
I run a can of seafoam through both bikes twice a year to keep the fuel systems clean. It's worked well on the CB750. Seventeen years and the carbs have never been off the bike (and they still work like new).