Front wheel bearings shifted in hub.

Thread starter
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
I have a hard time believing caliper bolts moved a hub bearing. Especially since tightening a caliper would cock the wheel. Bearings usually need an even application of force to move. Something very simple is being missed here.
What he said. Something had to move when I tightened the left caliper bolts with the wheel shifted to the right of center by reason of the axle spacers installed backwards. It was the brake pads, which got pushed over to one side of the caliper (pistons on one side fully extended).

Then when I installed the spacers correctly and slipped the left caliper over the disk the caliper hit the fork because it was cocked. All I had to do was twist the caliper to recenter the pads in it and the caliper slipped right on inside the fork as it was supposed to. Duh!!!
 
Well that's good news, Searcher. All OK now?
 
Great, glad nothing was too remiss and you were able to get it sorted and back on the road.
 
Good to hear that you sorted it out.
I was following this thread and for the life of me I couldn't understand why it wouldn't go back together.
Sometimes it's the silliest things that drive you nuts.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Good to hear that you sorted it out.
I was following this thread and for the life of me I couldn't understand why it wouldn't go back together.
Sometimes it's the silliest things that drive you nuts.

Me too. Good to see the happy ending!
 
Back
Top