Front cowl. Need help

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ok I have the 2014 deluxe. I was looking at the comet at samurider with clear winsheild painted to match with stripe total cost shipped $600. Has anyone put one on the 14 model ? I'm 5 ft8 I like the looks of it but does it help much with wind? $600 to me is high without stripe $440 I know lots have ask all this before but I really need to know if the comet is more for looks (show ) please let me know of a good type of good looking sheild I want sport look not bulky.
Thanks Michael


3 rights make a left
 
I don't think there is a comet that fits the 2014 yet. The headlight was relocated on the new model so the mounting points changed a tad.
 
Thread starter
Joola: samurider has them for the 14 deluxe. It's on there website and he has sent me several emails. $600 is high. But it looks good if he can color match the paint and stripes. Are the stripes decals or painted on ? If I knew the comet works good I would spend $600. But if it's more for looks I will keep mine naked.
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
there are only 3 or 4 of us who have the 14 dlxs so far. No one to my knowledge has put any screen of any type on their 14 dlx.

CB4ME, and Chip Beck and maybe 1 or 2 others have them on their 13's.
 
Thread starter
Ferret: did you have one on your 13? If so are you going to put one on your 14 deluxe or leave it naked? I had mine up to 110 it was very steady! I still have my ST1300 and the ride of a naked bike is different but back in the day I rode all the honda fours. 350 750 naked. My bike handles great. Just wondering about a shield or cowl. That's why this forum is good :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
I have the Comet with clear shield on my 13, stripe was too pricey for me, I went from the taller NC Deflector to the Comet due to looks and less buffeting, I think it does a decent job of keeping wind off my chest, I'm also used to having some kind of fairing on a motorcycle....seems "naked" without one. I love it.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Hiker. If I get one I'm getting the clear also. I want the stripe but $160 is high for the stripe! $600 total with out stripe $440. I'm still in shock! Lol. Is your paint a close match?
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
fairly close
45eb459da7fb0178533d7ec120209db8.JPG
 
Thread starter
Bike looks great. The 13 sure look better with the red side covers. Your bike is candy glory red! It's a very hard color to match but looks like he did a good job. I got a 79 cbx1000 that I'm restoring and my painter can match gory red very well. My 14 is a shade different than the glory red I wish they would of made the 14 bikes glory red , it's one of the best colors honda ever made ! The comet faring looks good on the CB thanks for the pic.
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Joola: samurider has them for the 14 deluxe. It's on there website and he has sent me several emails. $600 is high. But it looks good if he can color match the paint and stripes. Are the stripes decals or painted on ? If I knew the comet works good I would spend $600. But if it's more for looks I will keep mine naked.
Michael


3 rights make a left
You're right. my bad. Haven't been on his site in a few weeks.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Ferret: did you have one on your 13? If so are you going to put one on your 14 deluxe or leave it naked? I had mine up to 110 it was very steady! I still have my ST1300 and the ride of a naked bike is different but back in the day I rode all the honda fours. 350 750 naked. My bike handles great. Just wondering about a shield or cowl. That's why this forum is good :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
No I had a National Cycle Street Shield EX on my 13 but just for trips.

 
Ridem32_imp said:
Looks like more wind protection. What about your 14 leaving naked ?
Michael


3 rights make a left
Well I prefer naked, but enjoy some wind protection on trips I know are going to involve a lot of freeway work. I took 2 multi state trips on my 13 last year, one with the shield and one without. As long as speeds stayed below 65 I felt no need for the shield. But the second one involved 5 or 6 hours at 70+ each way and the shield proved useful. once home again I popped the shield off. Like I said I prefer naked.

Honda moved the headlight up an inch on the 2014, and although I held the shield up to it, I'm not sure the arms are going to be long enough to bolt it on. Some evening when I have some time, I may give it a try.
 
Back
Top