Free 3M Protective Film for your tank

EGAlvarez_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Recently, Ferret was kind enough to share some templates he made for applying protective film on the fuel tank of the CB. Before ordering a sheet of the 3M product online, I called and spoke with the owner of the local high end car detailing shop here in town.

(When I arrived, they had a brand new Mercedes AMG-GT S, a mint condition Porsche 356, a 911 GT3 and a 2005 Ford GT in the shop getting detailed to perfection! I got a little dizzy from all of the four wheeled eye candy!)

Anyways, the owner was kind enough to give me a 5 minute crash course on how to obtain good results. He also gave me enough "scraps" (some pieces are 24x24") that I can now have enough to practice a bit with and then wrap EVERYTHING on all of my bikes, the front strip of my truck's hood, the hood on my wife's minivan and still have some left over for the gas tanks on my future bikes. :clap:

So before going eBay or Amazon, give your local shop a call and ask them if they would please save you some scraps that they are probably going to toss in the trash anyways!
For your viewing pleasure! :D I wanted to go deeper into the shop as I could see hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not over a million dollars worth of exotic and luxury cars. He invited me to come back when he was not so busy with my son to take a look around.





 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Das Auto.
Die Autos
Die Autos
Both the same meaning in German?

Heh, I kinda like your spelling better PB - at least in the case of the GTA. :)
Die Autos
Both the same meaning in German?

Heh, I kinda like your spelling better PB - at least in the case of the GTA. :) das Auto = one car
die Autos = 2 or more..there were 3 cars, just grammar :)
Amen
 
'Die Auto' has an interesting meaning for an English-speaking motorcyclist. :P
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Das Auto.
Die Autos
Die Autos
Both the same meaning in German?

Heh, I kinda like your spelling better PB - at least in the case of the GTA. :)
Die Autos
Both the same meaning in German?

Heh, I kinda like your spelling better PB - at least in the case of the GTA. :) das Auto = one car
die Autos = 2 or more..there were 3 cars, just grammar :)
Amen
Thanks PB. Useful lesson in the language.
 
It also depends if the car is male or female :die , das , der and so on.
I had to learn English , German and French when in school in Holland.
English was the easiest , the grammar in German was difficult and lets not even talk about learning French , I was not interested at all.
 
Back
Top