Frakel Update

Looking superb! So many nice touches, but really maintains the integrity of the design of the bike.
 
ChipBeck_imp said:

Your bike looks outstanding but it has one flaw. Your Staintune top bracket is suppose to attach behind the aluminum brace that holds the rear pegs and you've got it in front of the brace. Rotate your Staintune so that the top tab is behind the rear peg bracket (like your stock pipe was) and it will hide most of the Staintune mounting tab and look better!! Your mods are both great looking and most functional. Well done.

Chip
Whooops! I need to do the same thing ha! Though I don't remember the stock being like that :huh:

Also here is a pic from Staintune's website of it on their bike.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/lvak.jpg/]
 
I was going to comment, but I think Guth said it all for me! :)
 
Bbref36,

Very Nice! And that's one clean machine.

I see you have the Puig Plus. Did you tilt it back to just about touch the guages, using thoseround rubber protectors? I wasn't sure what to do with them, and my screen is more upright.

Beautiful grips! Did you have to modify them in any way to put them on the bike?
 
Thread starter
ChipBeck_imp said:

Your bike looks outstanding but it has one flaw. Your Staintune top bracket is suppose to attach behind the aluminum brace that holds the rear pegs and you've got it in front of the brace. Rotate your Staintune so that the top tab is behind the rear peg bracket (like your stock pipe was) and it will hide most of the Staintune mounting tab and look better!! Your mods are both great looking and most functional. Well done.

Chip
Guth_imp said:
I for one object to you calling those little rubber ends on the levers silly.

I think they're cool. :D
CB4ME_imp said:
Bbref36,

Very Nice! And that's one clean machine.

I see you have the Puig Plus. Did you tilt it back to just about touch the guages, using thoseround rubber protectors? I wasn't sure what to do with them, and my screen is more upright.

Beautiful grips! Did you have to modify them in any way to put them on the bike?
I have the windscreen rotated back and the little pads stop the rattle. I might try it more upright and see if I notice a difference.

I had to cut a hole in the end of the grip for the end caps. I think they look good to and are far more comfortable than the originals.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:

I for one object to you calling those little rubber ends on the levers silly.

I think they're cool. :D

Yea....me too :D
Wow, I have struck a nerve. I'm not sure what is sillier, the little rubber ends or me for putting them on......
HondaJon_imp said:
I bought it from a member of the forum. I will try and see where he got it.
 
Okay so I went to monsterparts.com

which exact screen is it? Looks like it might be the raptor but I could be wrong... or did I miss the name somewhere else in this thread?
 
dBuster_imp said:
Okay so I went to monsterparts.com

which exact screen is it? Looks like it might be the raptor but I could be wrong... or did I miss the name somewhere else in this thread?
I would like to know as well! I really like it.
vfrpaul98_imp said:
can be ordered from monsterparts.com
Have a link to this exact one?
 
Bbref36_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:

I for one object to you calling those little rubber ends on the levers silly.

I think they're cool. :D

Yea....me too :D
Wow, I have struck a nerve. I'm not sure what is sillier, the little rubber ends or me for putting them on......
HondaJon_imp said:
I bought it from a member of the forum. I will try and see where he got it.

Well played, touche.
 
dBuster_imp said:
Okay so I went to monsterparts.com

which exact screen is it? Looks like it might be the raptor but I could be wrong... or did I miss the name somewhere else in this thread?
the model is a puig (Plus) light tint. call monsterparts and ask for the ordering info. or contact Puigusa.com
paul.
 
$95 from Monsterparts (plus $18 shipping to MD). Shipped out the day after I ordered and arrived 3 days later.

The Plus comes with a lot of hardware for different bikes and instructions in Spanish. You only need the 2 mounting brackets and 4 small screws and plastic washers. The screws attach the brackets to the screen, and the slots on the brackets attach to the headlight mounting screws, either inside or outside the headlight brackets. (inside looks nicer).

The Puig Plus is faily thin at 3mm, very lightweight, and the mounting might not seem up to the job. But it's not budged a millimeter, even at 95mph, and I have mine mounted fairly vertically.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
$95 from Monsterparts (plus $18 shipping to MD). Shipped out the day after I ordered and arrived 3 days later.

The Plus comes with a lot of hardware for different bikes and instructions in Spanish. You only need the 2 mounting brackets and 4 small screws and plastic washers. The screws attach the brackets to the screen, and the slots on the brackets attach to the headlight mounting screws, either inside or outside the headlight brackets. (inside looks nicer).

The Puig Plus is faily thin at 3mm, very lightweight, and the mounting might not seem up to the job. But it's not budged a millimeter, even at 95mph, and I have mine mounted fairly vertically.
So if I'm reading this correctly, do you have the ability to adjust rake? That'd be great if this shield has that kind of adjustability.
 
ron1100_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
$95 from Monsterparts (plus $18 shipping to MD). Shipped out the day after I ordered and arrived 3 days later.

The Plus comes with a lot of hardware for different bikes and instructions in Spanish. You only need the 2 mounting brackets and 4 small screws and plastic washers. The screws attach the brackets to the screen, and the slots on the brackets attach to the headlight mounting screws, either inside or outside the headlight brackets. (inside looks nicer).

The Puig Plus is faily thin at 3mm, very lightweight, and the mounting might not seem up to the job. But it's not budged a millimeter, even at 95mph, and I have mine mounted fairly vertically.
So if I'm reading this correctly, do you have the ability to adjust rake? That'd be great if this shield has that kind of adjustability.
So if I'm reading this correctly, do you have the ability to adjust rake? That'd be great if this shield has that kind of adjustability.
It's just a matter of losening the headlamp screws and repositioning the one piece wind screen. You can tilt it back until it touches the guages or you can tilt it forward at bit so the screen is more vertical.
 
Back
Top