fork cap buttons (4)

ohiorider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
What is the simplest way to remove the four little caps that cover the bolts holding the handlebar in place? Is there a tool one should use to keep from scratching up the top clamp or the buttons themselves? I want to move the handlebars just slightly toward me.

Thanks,

Bob
 
A very fine blade carefully applied is what I’d use.
 
Ditto using edge of blade not point
 
I used a nylon spludge that is designed for electronics. But it performs admirably for preventing scratching in these types of uses. 35622 - Nylon Point Blade Probe, 6", Black from Menda industries. Super useful for a lot of other reasons too.
 
What exactly is a ‘spludge’? Neither the dictionary nor I have ever heard of one.
 
He means spudger
 
At least the dictionary had heard of that!
 
Thread starter
FLYTYM_imp said:
I used a credit card,no chance of scratching anything.
I had an out of date credit card which I cut up into several narrow strips. Served double duty ....... destroyed the card, and created a couple of tools I used to remove the buttons. Thanks for the hint. Not a scratch!

Bob
 
Back
Top