c-breezy_imp
Been there
It's peace signs thrown down low here in SoCal...or is that the same thing?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
ATGATT is becoming unfashionable. More and more states are lifting helmet requirements.redbirds_imp said:While riding in Florida earlier this month, I rarely received return waves from riders who were helmet-less, but riders wearing helmets waved back most times.
BTW, never seen so many riders without helmets. Made me feel uncomfortable seeing them and knowing that a helmet has twice saved me from death or serious head injury. To each his own.
Yah, pretty much.c-breezy_imp said:It's peace signs thrown down low here in SoCal...or is that the same thing?
Actually, cycling is less popular, not more so. It's part of the problem.capttwb136_imp said:Where I live in Maryland, every motorcyclist waved back in the 60's and seventies. Then it sort of died out in the 80's and nineties. Some still waved but not even 50%. Then with the resurgence of Harley Davidson (you no longer had to wait a year for one) Waving seemed to make a come back. Older guys that had always wanted a bike when they were young finally got one. I guess they remembered how motorcyclists waved to each other.
It's funny, back in the mid 70's and eighties Harley riders would not wave back unless you were on a Harley. Today only a few won't wave.
ra
Yeah, that or throw a shaka.MikeOxbig_imp said:By wave, I don't mean :hello:
More like an upside down peace sign thrown down low.
Head-on it looks like any other naked bike.LongRanger_imp said:But for those of you with several bikes, do you find your CB gets left out of the wave parade? That's what I'm trying to understand.
EmptySea_imp said:Good point, JPT and one that I wanted to bring up, too. I can spot a Gold Wing and I can spot the BMW adv bike, but there are very few other bikes that I can ID from head-on. I can usually identify that a bike is a cruiser, sport bike, or sport tourer, but as to specific makes, I usually can't tell until I'm well past the waving point. I suppose I will get better at this as I ride more, but I am pretty sure that I'm fairly typical. Which means that the other rider probably doesn't know that I'm on a CB1100 until he's nearly next to me, which makes it hard for me to believe that he is singling me out for a wave (or lack thereof) just because of my bike.

Guess you Brits, Aussies, and Kiwis just have to waive the wave, 'cause otherwise you'd come unthrottled!Cormanus_imp said:Thank you Nemo. I really like the US biker wave—left arm extended down. Can't do it here where we ride on the opposite side of the road.

This is picky I know, sorry, but this is a right handed wave.....Nemo_imp said:Cormanus
