Florida back country

Thread starter
LouA_imp said:
I bet you can a heck of a lot of pizza & wings in that box though, Mmmmm,a nice little snack!:P
I have brought home leftovers from my favorite Sicilian Pizza stop many times. The square cube shape is quite functional.
 
Thread starter
Another awesome play day in my backyard. Brought along some new and old buds to share in the fun. A little chilly for my old bones at 7am (50 degrees), as I stuff my riding jeans with a pair of flannel PJ bottoms. 4 cotton t shirts, the top 2 being long sleeve, inside of my new high vis cold weather jacket. Met the fellas at 9 sharp. Weather was perfect. We did the Green Swamp Loop. Rode on every type of pavement you can imagine from fresh black top to 100 year old horse trails with something hard on top. Lunch at a real deal Tex Mex place in San Antonio. Epic.

a628da49079223637b70021a4f9d6fe1.jpg


0a2734f85f3d816dbbfd94f8ea698f7f.jpg


e37f601270e0da9d7a682a89facc136e.jpg


f566591ae7b22677dfd3a5f78b79ad9f.jpg


38b8053a97c189c0bc5779c99ce496ad.jpg


5df9c349c6debff65329d40ddbc9d1f8.jpg


fdf8c44009f47ac899cf3f2bac65be70.jpg


836c7300e106e9f0bd5e38ebdd4d0733.jpg


db77bc2bd8d929eeaff777f4be6b505d.jpg
 
Same thing here PB
 
Not anymore PB. He fixed them.
 
DBM_imp said:
Another awesome play day in my backyard. Brought along some new and old buds to share in the fun. A little chilly for my old bones at 7am (50 degrees), as I stuff my riding jeans with a pair of flannel PJ bottoms. 4 cotton t shirts, the top 2 being long sleeve, inside of my new high vis cold weather jacket. Met the fellas at 9 sharp. Weather was perfect. We did the Green Swamp Loop. Rode on every type of pavement you can imagine from fresh black top to 100 year old horse trails with something hard on top. Lunch at a real deal Tex Mex place in San Antonio. Epic.

a628da49079223637b70021a4f9d6fe1.jpg


0a2734f85f3d816dbbfd94f8ea698f7f.jpg


e37f601270e0da9d7a682a89facc136e.jpg


f566591ae7b22677dfd3a5f78b79ad9f.jpg


38b8053a97c189c0bc5779c99ce496ad.jpg


5df9c349c6debff65329d40ddbc9d1f8.jpg


fdf8c44009f47ac899cf3f2bac65be70.jpg


836c7300e106e9f0bd5e38ebdd4d0733.jpg


db77bc2bd8d929eeaff777f4be6b505d.jpg
Great share DBM. Looks like a fun time was had.
 
Thread starter
I had a dead battery this morning even though it is always on a tender. Rats. Stock battery, 3 years old, I should have already replaced it, my bad. Called the fellas, can't make our 9am date. Found a Easton AGM battery at a local auto parts store. Swap and go. On the road at noon. Headed 640 east from Brandon to check out a few new roads that look good on the map. Found a couple awesome new stops to put on my future loops. Weather was epic. Google "Homeland Heritage Park" and "Heritage Peace River Landing" Enjoy.

6f9577fc3817c77112b959d5e4afab28.jpg


fc9b94c5f1860fba477b2587510f8328.jpg


9554752db26075603b571835df7d9880.jpg


5b6b3b58e8133ad0c198622ea6759667.jpg


5ad0fb13959ae644870b19b33ccda863.jpg


463d7e02c8487199955764c6cd779708.jpg


dd93e5680009e6e8b8294bc89771db82.jpg
 
RE Battery: Yeah, three years - on the low end of expected life, but I have had AGMs go in as low as three years.

Some nice captures DBM.

Your weather sucks.
 
Nice photos, DBM. I like seeing the FL flora...is that redundant? Glad you got your bike battery licketysplit and were able to ride.
 
AGM batteries do not seem to last long , due to Covid .....?
Probably the heat in Florida is to blame for a shorter life than in a cooler climate.
 
Lovely pictures DBM. I like the river one.
 
Thread starter
Today's ride took me south down Hwy 41 for some coastal twisties. Lots of fellow riders enjoying another perfect day in our back yard playground. Gulf City has some sweet 4th gear sweepers that challenge your skills to see how fast you want to go. Cockroach Bay is a nice stop to watch the local anglers launch their 40K toys. Port Manatee has a sweet little spot that is just spectacular. On your way out, bright green sand mounds make you wonder what planet this stuff came from. Right turn into Bishop Harbor and another trip through some local 2 lane salty curvy asphalt and more awesome local roads through Terra Ceia with a stop at a centuries old Post Office. Lunch was a fresh warm pretzel with yellow mustard at WaWa's. Life is good.

e78abc0cb55c9efc69c3bc152e5fd2bc.jpg

b8c92c9d855eb71455eac4c37159b55c.jpg

34dc3c8ef38def05ea653d39a7c87fca.jpg

0ac2f2f12891d2c7fdba910c6a04fcca.jpg

c097d695a77eaf8f082c3f195d378b89.jpg


9f8de44a5f5b3c67a2ad6f1c223bb178.jpg

c74ab497cd9c0c393eeb6f87d0390c8f.jpg

cb85a13e7d7ed938df389acc46ffc879.jpg

d5a0ae46070e3d21c66171b0d9dab83c.jpg

cbc6f099a8c1ca109b9b62bae47f9da3.jpg

1accf2a2905b8fa3f424b5abd44a22e9.jpg

93af13ae507cb9cd2b7620edb935602a.jpg
 
I'll be riding down that way next month DBM. Will ride down the middle of the state on 301 then to Arcadia and from there to Port Charlotte to visit family. This is a lovely ride and one I've made many times. Love your photos that bring back so many memories of my first 45 years living in Florida.
 
Back
Top