Lord Popgun
Road warrior
Hey Brazbro, get Cormanus to send you some Vegemite. Spread some on and those biscuits will be awesome! 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

My God, man, are you MAD??Lord Popgun_imp said:Hey Brazbro, get Cormanus to send you some Vegemite. Spread some on and those biscuits will be awesome!![]()


That sounds a great place, Popgun. I too can mentally "transport myself back" or imagine being in my surroundings centuries ago (some people can, some people can't) and we have a helluva lot of history here in the UK!Lord Popgun_imp said:Yeah, its pretty “South” here. LOTS of Civil War battles happened here.
The history here is amazing. At work, sometimes I’ll stand on the fantail of a carrier at the pier and look at the bay and wonder at the British warships that sailed by, the Monitor/Merrimac fight, and other historical happenings that occured not far off the end of the ship.
Oh, yeah, biscuits in the UK are not what we call biscuits in the US, or the South. And I’d rather have a Krispy Kreme. The creme filled chocolate covered ones. Oh baby!!
Grits are a basic part of the food pyramid and are only properly eaten with an abundance of sweet cream butter, salt and coarse ground black pepper. The addition of cheese is acceptable. They are best enjoyed with fried fish and hush puppies or as a side with over-easy eggs and smoked sausage.The ferret_imp said:Grits are good with a little butter and sugar. I learned to eat them when we moved to Florida in 1950 and they came with every meal, like french fries up north lol
Man did we hijack this thread. The good news is the original post is from June 2018, and I'm pretty sure the op has had his first service by now.


"I'll have some hot buttered grits to go with that first service."The ferret_imp said:Grits are good with a little butter and sugar. I learned to eat them when we moved to Florida in 1950 and they came with every meal, like french fries up north lol
Man did we hijack this thread. The good news is the original post is from June 2018, and I'm pretty sure the op has had his first service by now.

I call them onion ballsLord Popgun_imp said:We have Hush Puppies shoes too, but the eatin kind are usually served with seafood in the South.
I do know what you say about grits , I could not eat it either , when the waitress told me that you have to put a lot of things on it to make it palatable I told her : if you put enough sweet things on dog poo you can make it palatable ! She just walked away ….Bazbro_imp said:Now, "grits' is another matter...
Curious, I tried some at a breakfast stop in N.Carolina... ghastly!!
As has since been explained to me, they needed salt/sugar/honey or something to make them palatable. A shame the waitress didn't explain that me at the time.


Onion Bhajis - the orange/brown turd-like objects - yeah, they are incredibly amazing, especially with the coriander dip. Mmmm.Bazbro_imp said:Sounds tasty, irrespective of their turd-like appearance!!
Onion Bhajis are slices of onion in a paste and deep fried.
