First Ride observations

el duque_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
It is so smoo.......th I had to look at the speedo and gear indicator once in a while. Quiet.
Only my first 100 miles so my feelings about stuff may change.

The mirrors don't do it for me. I only see about 60% out of them. I might have another go at adjusting them.

Would have liked a bit more room between the shifter and foot peg
I really had to angle my foot down to get under it. I started a bad habit of just shifting with the side of my boot.

Seat started to get a little hard/not so comfy. Might spring for a sheepskin or a foam pad. Ya'll with corbins - Like/ no like?

I like the power. Its not crazy but there is plenty there for my sensibilities.

the little samurider fairing works great. wind but no buffeting. I was pleasantly surprised by this.

There are a few muscles that got a bit more action than they usually get.. I'm kinda sore/felt like I worked it today.

I need some foot pegs to attach to my sw motech engine guards so I can stretch out now and then.

It was cooler than I've ridden on a naked bike in a long time.
Heated grips/liners/vest are definitely in the offing.

I better get used to it... I sold my 83 Goldwing today.
 
Thread starter
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Like your sig says, It is what it is.
Yeah, but it may depend on what the meaning of is is. :D

I like it. I'll probably do a few things to dial it in but I think its gonna do what I want it to do.
 
I like my Corbin seat and it seems to be the only option if you want a sissy bar at this point (my wife won't ride without it). Although you have a top box so maybe it has a pad on it.

I picked up a used Daytona seat this winter at the suggestion of forum member rdtwohig who swears it is better than the Corbin but I haven't tested it yet other than sitting on it.
 
You can adjust your shifter up. I did it to mine as I had the same issue with it being set too low. Take a look at the shifter linkage and you'll see that it can be adjusted.
 
Yeah, I had to adjust mine too.
 
Thread starter
Thanks I will have a look at the adjuster.
If that don't do it...
I was wondering if there is a longer shifter that honda makes that would fit over the splines.
 
There is quite a bit of adjustement in that adjuster, plus you can move the shifter on the spline itself.
 
I think el duque wants more distance between the shift nob and the footpeg itself. Which means he would need a longer shift lever. Being a size 11-12 boot, I would also be interested in this.
 
el duque_imp said:
It is so smoo.......th I had to look at the speedo and gear indicator once in a while. Quiet.
Only my first 100 miles so my feelings about stuff may change.

The mirrors don't do it for me. I only see about 60% out of them. I might have another go at adjusting them.

Would have liked a bit more room between the shifter and foot peg
I really had to angle my foot down to get under it. I started a bad habit of just shifting with the side of my boot.

Seat started to get a little hard/not so comfy. Might spring for a sheepskin or a foam pad. Ya'll with corbins - Like/ no like?

I like the power. Its not crazy but there is plenty there for my sensibilities.

the little samurider fairing works great. wind but no buffeting. I was pleasantly surprised by this.

There are a few muscles that got a bit more action than they usually get.. I'm kinda sore/felt like I worked it today.

I need some foot pegs to attach to my sw motech engine guards so I can stretch out now and then.

It was cooler than I've ridden on a naked bike in a long time.
Heated grips/liners/vest are definitely in the offing.

I better get used to it... I sold my 83 Goldwing today.
 
Back
Top