First ride in over a year

I had the hip surgery 4.5 years ago and I've put 22,000 miles on a 750 lb 'sport touring' bike in the last 18 months.

Hasn't been all roses, still weaker on that side. Just recently I've been able to 'throw' that leg over first.

I did drop it twice on that weak side, but that's what crash bars are made for LOL.

It got me out of pain....that above all else makes life livable imo.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Pauley_imp said:
Hey Randy, good to read you’re on the bike again. Good to take it slow and feel your way back. Let me know if/ when you’re up for a ride to Mt Hamilton and I’ll join you.
My only real worry about that is the hip will say "I'm done" somewhere about halfway between the fire station and the summit.
My only real worry about that is the hip will say "I'm done" somewhere about halfway between the fire station and the summit.
randy I am 76 now and have had my right hip replaced about 2 years ago.. I was off of the bike for maybe 4 months , if I recall .. they want you to start using it right away.. if you choose to get it done, look into the anterior approach (from the front) .. they don't have to cut muscle and recovery is cut in half..
chuckk ..
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It’s a great idea.
Now ya'all know why Rotor considers cell phones to be the work of the Lucifer.

How the heck can I trust the phone not to stream the speed sensor readout to my local LEA, and the coordinates of the place where I spent the night to my wife's lawyers?

Thanks, but no thanks. (Unless, of corse, the app is open source :).
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
I had the hip surgery 4.5 years ago and I've put 22,000 miles on a 750 lb 'sport touring' bike in the last 18 months.

Hasn't been all roses, still weaker on that side. Just recently I've been able to 'throw' that leg over first.

I did drop it twice on that weak side, but that's what crash bars are made for LOL.

It got me out of pain....that above all else makes life livable imo.
This is strange...all my friends have no complaints after short recovery, even with two new hips.
In April I had complex (3 in 1), total knee replacement, as a result of m-bike accident 50 y ago.
Surgeon restored leg length, alignment and knee replacement, and major recovery took long/5 mts, now another several months to bring back "all leg/knee details" into perfection....
While taking physio sessions, I met a 71 y o lady, who had all 4 joints replaced in the past 4 years = one/year, no accident related just wear or.. ??? and no one would ever say, she was after 4 operation, waking normally according to her age.
Statistic says, patient satisfaction after hip replacement is about 90-95%, but after knee, only 55-60%. Life is a cuss...:)
Wish you recovery of 100% !!
 
rotor_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
It’s a great idea.
Now ya'all know why Rotor considers cell phones to be the work of the Lucifer.

How the heck can I trust the phone not to stream the speed sensor readout to my local LEA, and the coordinates of the place where I spent the night to my wife's lawyers?

Thanks, but no thanks. (Unless, of corse, the app is open source :).
Now ya'all know why Rotor considers cell phones to be the work of the Lucifer.

How the heck can I trust the phone not to stream the speed sensor readout to my local LEA, and the coordinates of the place where I spent the night to my wife's lawyers?

Thanks, but no thanks. (Unless, of corse, the app is open source :).
That's why we need people like you, rotor. I should have thought of that. I'll go back to my lovely round CB1100 dials.
 
rotor_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
It’s a great idea.
Now ya'all know why Rotor considers cell phones to be the work of the Lucifer.

How the heck can I trust the phone not to stream the speed sensor readout to my local LEA, and the coordinates of the place where I spent the night to my wife's lawyers?

Thanks, but no thanks. (Unless, of corse, the app is open source :).
Now ya'all know why Rotor considers cell phones to be the work of the Lucifer.

How the heck can I trust the phone not to stream the speed sensor readout to my local LEA, and the coordinates of the place where I spent the night to my wife's lawyers?

Thanks, but no thanks. (Unless, of corse, the app is open source :).
Sorry to say to you rotor, but Lucifer is already archiving that information away whether you are riding or in any vehicle you are in. :dodgy:

Example: Where do you think Google Maps gets its traffic statistics from?
 
GoldOxide Wrote:Sorry to say to you rotor, but Lucifer is already archiving that information away whether you are riding or in any vehicle you are in. :dodgy:
Example: Where do you think Google Maps gets its traffic statistics from? Not from my Nokia 1100. :rofl:
 
rotor_imp said:
GoldOxide Wrote:Sorry to say to you rotor, but Lucifer is already archiving that information away whether you are riding or in any vehicle you are in. :dodgy:
Example: Where do you think Google Maps gets its traffic statistics from? Not from my Nokia 1100. :rofl:
Not from my Nokia 1100. :rofl:
Heh, heh, ... yeah, ... there would be an anonymous association of your phone based on its signal and cell tower triangulation. They know someone is there, but not immediately you with any degree of decent accuracy.
 
he is listening.. he knows where you are through triangulation of cell towers.. there are so many cameras around now, you are seen without even knowing..
 
They are always listening. I got a very chilling reminder a few weeks ago. I was on my cell talking about needing some hay bails for an event coming up. Shortly afterwards, the ads that started popping up on my phone were for hay, farm and equestrian supplies.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
They are always listening. I got a very chilling reminder a few weeks ago. I was on my cell talking about needing some hay bails for an event coming up. Shortly afterwards, the ads that started popping up on my phone were for hay, farm and equestrian supplies.
I was just going to write about some hay for you. :D
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
They are always listening. I got a very chilling reminder a few weeks ago. I was on my cell talking about needing some hay bails for an event coming up. Shortly afterwards, the ads that started popping up on my phone were for hay, farm and equestrian supplies.
That is because the saying : " Make hay when the sun shines " , that's why they send you the ads.
 
Back
Top