first ride - amazing!

jrns_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I hope I did this correctly (posting my pic?)? If I did- the pic is of my first ride ...about 100 k
loving the bike, smooth, balanced, great pull, super in every category imaginable. After 7 months of waiting- it was better than I imagined it to be.
stopped at a local popular beach parking lot for the pic.
A question- if anyone can help?
-I find the bars a tad narrow and Im already thinking of a wider bar. Has anyone else had this reaction and what did they replace the stock bars with?
and, has the replacement bar had any adverse affects on handling/control?
Many thanks if anyone can answer this?

 
G'day jrns, glad you liked the first ride. Interesting your views on the bars. Are the bars standard on your bike? I would have thought that standard bars give as much leverage as needed for this bike. At speed counter steering is literally a fingertip pressure. At low speed or stationary the width should allow you to bully the bike to where you need it. Some members have changed bars on their bikes and they will surely give their views. Some have gone for more upright, others have raised the bars, others have caféd and gone shorter and lower. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers
 
Congrats and your pic came thru fine. Pretty bike.

We have had people change to narrower bars lol, but no wider ones that I can recall.
 
Your experience reminds me of my ride home from the dealership one year ago. I had never even seen a CB until two weeks before when I happened to be at the dealer when the 14's arrived.
I had never ridden the CB before and we melded together like we had been together for ages.
I couldn't get over the smoothness, balance and refinement.
Other than the horn button being in the "wrong" place the bike fitted me perfectly and there isn't anything about it I would change.
 
Rocky you can fix that horn switch by putting on a left switch assy from a 2013. Mostly plug and play except for drilling a locator hole in the bars.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Rocky you can fix that horn switch by putting on a left switch assy from a 2013. Mostly plug and play except for drilling a locator hole in the bars.
Yes, I know that, and had a kind offer from a member here to supply a '13 switch, but I think I'll leave it as is. It doesn't bother me that much now, but it did at first until I got used to it.
I saw your thread about when you made the change and I made notes.
But I never say never :D
 
jrns_imp said:
I hope I did this correctly (posting my pic?)? If I did- the pic is of my first ride ...about 100 k
loving the bike, smooth, balanced, great pull, super in every category imaginable. After 7 months of waiting- it was better than I imagined it to be.
stopped at a local popular beach parking lot for the pic.
A question- if anyone can help?
-I find the bars a tad narrow and Im already thinking of a wider bar. Has anyone else had this reaction and what did they replace the stock bars with?
and, has the replacement bar had any adverse affects on handling/control?
Many thanks if anyone can answer this?
Only 7 months? Lucky you :D I had to wait 6 years :P

Congrats on the new ride. I love that Spencer Blue tank!
 
Thread starter
Hi guys-thanks very much for the responses.
Another 100 km's and I've had time to get better acquainted with the bike.
The bar width might simply be me getting used to motorcycling after all these years. I'll give it some time. After all-who am I to question Hondas design wisdom ;)
As far as the bike-as Rocky said, and I completely agree with: there is nothing I would change now. Over the winter I dreamed about a few upgrades and even pulled the trigger on a road comet fairing. However, I like the bike "as is". The fairing is in my basement still in the box. Perhaps next season I will put it on. Or maybe not?
I even thought I would like a black tank-now I see the spencer blue and wouldn't dare change it-unique classy bold and beautiful!
the only thing I may add soon is a rear carrier -as I plan to park my truck soon and use the CB11 as my main mode of transport this summer.
Right now I'm loving the CB in all its original glory-what a incredibly beautiful bike!
The one observation I have is -the more you ride this bike-the more you want to ride it...its hard to park this bike.
BTW: I'm amazed at the reactions and have to chuckle...mostly people think this is a reconditioned classic and marvel at how clean and new looking it is...LOL..priceless.
Happy riding all!
 
Jrns,

I don't know how to say this, but I've said most of these things myself and read them elsewhere on this forum. They are, it occurs to me, recurring themes in the comments of new CB1100 owners. You've summed it up really neatly, and I apologise for plagiarising your post, but I thought it might be fun to start a list of recurring responses from first-time riders.

jrns_imp said:
Hi guys-thanks very much for the responses.
Another 100 km's and I've had time to get better acquainted with the bike.
The bar width might simply be me getting used to motorcycling after all these years. I'll give it some time. After all-who am I to question Hondas design wisdom ;)
As far as the bike-as Rocky said, and I completely agree with: there is nothing I would change now. Over the winter I dreamed about a few upgrades and even pulled the trigger on a road comet fairing. However, I like the bike "as is". The fairing is in my basement still in the box. Perhaps next season I will put it on. Or maybe not?
I even thought I would like a black tank-now I see the spencer blue and wouldn't dare change it-unique classy bold and beautiful!
the only thing I may add soon is a rear carrier -as I plan to park my truck soon and use the CB11 as my main mode of transport this summer.
Right now I'm loving the CB in all its original glory-what a incredibly beautiful bike!
The one observation I have is -the more you ride this bike-the more you want to ride it...its hard to park this bike.
BTW: I'm amazed at the reactions and have to chuckle...mostly people think this is a reconditioned classic and marvel at how clean and new looking it is...LOL..priceless.
Happy riding all!
Anyone want to add to this list of standard comments from recent purchasers?
 
it was better than I imagined it to be.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Jrns,

I don't know how to say this, but I've said most of these things myself and read them elsewhere on this forum. They are, it occurs to me, recurring themes in the comments of new CB1100 owners. You've summed it up really neatly, and I apologise for plagiarising your post, but I thought it might be fun to start a list of recurring responses from first-time riders.

jrns_imp said:
Hi guys-thanks very much for the responses.
Another 100 km's and I've had time to get better acquainted with the bike.
The bar width might simply be me getting used to motorcycling after all these years. I'll give it some time. After all-who am I to question Hondas design wisdom ;)
As far as the bike-as Rocky said, and I completely agree with: there is nothing I would change now. Over the winter I dreamed about a few upgrades and even pulled the trigger on a road comet fairing. However, I like the bike "as is". The fairing is in my basement still in the box. Perhaps next season I will put it on. Or maybe not?
I even thought I would like a black tank-now I see the spencer blue and wouldn't dare change it-unique classy bold and beautiful!
the only thing I may add soon is a rear carrier -as I plan to park my truck soon and use the CB11 as my main mode of transport this summer.
Right now I'm loving the CB in all its original glory-what a incredibly beautiful bike!
The one observation I have is -the more you ride this bike-the more you want to ride it...its hard to park this bike.
BTW: I'm amazed at the reactions and have to chuckle...mostly people think this is a reconditioned classic and marvel at how clean and new looking it is...LOL..priceless.
Happy riding all!
Anyone want to add to this list of standard comments from recent purchasers?
Anyone want to add to this list of standard comments from recent purchasers?
fantastic idea...! :)
 
[ul] [li]there is nothing I would change now.[/li] [li]I like the bike "as is".[/li] [li]the fairing/seat/tail light assembly/whatever is in my basement still in the box. Perhaps next season I will put it on. Or maybe not?[/li] [li]I ... thought I would like a black/red/white/blue tank-now I see the blue/black/red/white and wouldn't dare change it—unique classy bold and beautiful![/li] [li]I'm loving the CB in all its original glory-what a incredibly beautiful bike![/li] [li]the more you ride this bike-the more you want to ride it...its hard to park this bike.[/li] [li]I'm amazed at the reactions and have to chuckle...mostly people think this is a reconditioned classic and marvel at how clean and new looking it is ... LOL ..priceless.[/li] [li]it was better than I imagined it to be.
[/li][/ul]
 
Seems I've seen this a few times....

I went into my Honda dealer to look at a [xxxxx] and my eyes wandered over to this bike.
What is this?? A new CB? Oh my! That was it! I was hooked!
 
Mine had one mile on it, I rode it out of the dealer by the time it had two miles I was turning around to finish the paperwork.
Rear luggage carrier-on the list, Parabellum Scout fairing on order, 18" shield for riding, 10" for crusin.
I often sit in the garage at night and just look at it, the wife thinks I may have gone around the bend on this. It is so cool looking, for a motor head like me it is visual eye candy. After all riding a motorcycle is just that, riding a motor, with a couple wheels. The motor is a work of air cooled art as far as I am concerned. And displayed perfectly.
I have had the bike for one month about 800 miles, I hope you find as much pure enjoymant everyday as you did the first day.
I have a feeling that this motorcycle will be one of the really sought after models years from now. I think that most who didn't buy it, didn't ride it.
 
jrns_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Jrns,

I don't know how to say this, but I've said most of these things myself and read them elsewhere on this forum. They are, it occurs to me, recurring themes in the comments of new CB1100 owners. You've summed it up really neatly, and I apologise for plagiarising your post, but I thought it might be fun to start a list of recurring responses from first-time riders.

jrns_imp said:
Hi guys-thanks very much for the responses.
Another 100 km's and I've had time to get better acquainted with the bike.
The bar width might simply be me getting used to motorcycling after all these years. I'll give it some time. After all-who am I to question Hondas design wisdom ;)
As far as the bike-as Rocky said, and I completely agree with: there is nothing I would change now. Over the winter I dreamed about a few upgrades and even pulled the trigger on a road comet fairing. However, I like the bike "as is". The fairing is in my basement still in the box. Perhaps next season I will put it on. Or maybe not?
I even thought I would like a black tank-now I see the spencer blue and wouldn't dare change it-unique classy bold and beautiful!
the only thing I may add soon is a rear carrier -as I plan to park my truck soon and use the CB11 as my main mode of transport this summer.
Right now I'm loving the CB in all its original glory-what a incredibly beautiful bike!
The one observation I have is -the more you ride this bike-the more you want to ride it...its hard to park this bike.
BTW: I'm amazed at the reactions and have to chuckle...mostly people think this is a reconditioned classic and marvel at how clean and new looking it is...LOL..priceless.
Happy riding all!
Anyone want to add to this list of standard comments from recent purchasers?
Anyone want to add to this list of standard comments from recent purchasers?
fantastic idea...! :)
Anyone want to add to this list of standard comments from recent purchasers?
fantastic idea...! :) I had a friend of mine from high school in my garage Friday and he saw my bike and thought that can't be an old bike.....He thought it was really cool. It is interesting how nobody knows about our bikes.
 
Back
Top