First Annual CB1100 Forum Southeast Ride-In

ThomWill_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Let's call it a weekend in September. Descending on a point in the southeast for meeting, eating, riding, looking at bikes, telling riding and other war stories.
 
The VStrom forum, StromTrooper I used to frequent had a number of these type of events. In fact, they just had their "Old Galoots" meeting at Iron Horse resort up in the Smokies last week. It's a great idea, and I'd love to see us do it too. I'm just not sure we have the membership level to make it feasible, especially when it's broken up by geographic area.
 
Thread starter
I hear you Spaceman, I am OK with starting small, I am also OK with riding farther if the geography warrants. I am willing to host / set this kind of thing up because I have been to many of these for another site and have enjoyed every one. If there is not enough interest I will let it go... for now.
 
I would be interested too, I am retiring this month and will never work again for a living !
Keep in mind that the Barber Vintage Days are in October.
 
OT: stromtroopers is a pretty clever name. I think a ride would be really neat but I'd be bringing my wife and making her ride that 40-on-the-odo Rebel (unless I import a CB400 for her) and we'd have to do something with the kids.
 
Love the idea. And since Cincinnati is southeast of me, I think it would be an excellent meeting spot. ;) (although any excuse to get back to the Smoky Mountains is a good one).
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
OT: stromtroopers is a pretty clever name. I think a ride would be really neat but I'd be bringing my wife and making her ride that 40-on-the-odo Rebel (unless I import a CB400 for her) and we'd have to do something with the kids.
Doesn't Honda sent the CB400 to the US?
 
Depending on the location and the date, put me down as interested.
Houtman_imp said:
I would be interested too, I am retiring this month and will never work again for a living !
Keep in mind that the Barber Vintage Days are in October.
Congratulations!!!!
 
Houtman_imp said:
I would be interested too, I am retiring this month and will never work again for a living !
Keep in mind that the Barber Vintage Days are in October.
Congrats Houtman. I retired one year ago last Saturday. If you are the kind of person that can amuse yourself it's good.

Sept is usually very full riding month for me, but it may work out. Know I'm gone first week of September.

I do want to get down to Barber one of thee days too.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
shdwghst457_imp said:
OT: stromtroopers is a pretty clever name. I think a ride would be really neat but I'd be bringing my wife and making her ride that 40-on-the-odo Rebel (unless I import a CB400 for her) and we'd have to do something with the kids.
Doesn't Honda sent the CB400 to the US?
Doesn't Honda sent the CB400 to the US?
Nope, CB400 Super 4 is in Australia, SE Asia and Japan. She's attracted to the sub-30" seat height (without lowering).
 
Look for a low seat BMW K75. Great bike, many varieties, will go forever with some proper maint.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
Look for a low seat BMW K75. Great bike, many varieties, will go forever with some proper maint.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had one of the low seat K75s and it is a great bike, especially if you have shorter legs. But you DO have to tend to those shaft splines if you want it to last.
 
Another good pick for a low seat height is the Moto Guzzi V7. Very light bike with good ergos. Bonneville SE has a seat at only 29" but it's hard as a plank. Otherwise a good bike with more power than the Guzzi and a smooth, willing engine.
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
OT: stromtroopers is a pretty clever name. I think a ride would be really neat but I'd be bringing my wife and making her ride that 40-on-the-odo Rebel (unless I import a CB400 for her) and we'd have to do something with the kids.
Lots of advice on what to do about your wife's bike, none about what to do with the kids. LOL

Oh, and my wife loves her CTX (700 naked): Low seat height, great gas mileage, and very very highway-capable.

We sent our kids to college to free us up for more motorcycling. :D
 
The Smokey Mountains are a natural for a ride-in like this; I doubt there's anyplace that has so many amazing roads for riding in such a comparatively small area. I guess that's why everybody and his brother goes there for these things. The IronHorse Motorcycle Resort is a great meeting place; it has camping and rooms. There's also the "Dragon" resort; I don't remember the exact name but it's a motorcycle-specific hotel at the bottom of the Tail.

Not saying there aren't other places, but I think it should be somewhere that has some sort of bike tie-in. Barber Motorsports track/museum is an example.
 
Lol. ES. :). Just leave the kids outside a few days it's summer they will be fine. A tent case of cokes and a case of pop tarts and twikess
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Lol. ES. :). Just leave the kids outside a few days it's summer they will be fine. A tent case of cokes and a case of pop tarts and twikess
You're talking child abuse there pal. Sure it was ok for us...but not these days. Kids have to be corralled in a "Day Care" center all summer, and only eat nutritious and healthy foods.

Whoops, getting a bit political there. Never mind.
 
Back
Top